Default The question of who would win in a fight, a trained fighter or a body builder

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: The question of who would win in a fight, a trained fighter or a body builder

how big is the size difference?

Default Re: The question of who would win in a fight, a trained fighter or a body builder

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    how big is the size difference?
    bodybuilder is obviously bigger, but is smaller in height

The bodybuilder isn't very impressive. Mr Utah? Lance Bachelor? Doesn't even turn up in google.

I think someone like Jay Cutler can give that jiujitsu guy a lot of trouble if he ever takes him to the ground.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

The so-called body builder looks like a soft fat retarted kid. no contest

5-time NBA All-Star

Would be a lot closer if it was

- Ronnie Coleman AKA EX-COP
    - Arnie AKA Mr. Powerlifter and Action Hero

Not some unknown Mormon bastard who happened to integrate the practice of hypertrophic training and a proper diet in between deliverling LDS pamphlets and banging his four hot wives.

It's really a case by case basis. Theres obviously more internet footage favoring a martial artist. I've trained half my life and I would think twice about fighting a guy who has 40 pounds on me and is gym strong.

Also these scenarios are always in a controlled situation. Streets and no rules is a little different

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Would be a lot closer if it was

- Ronnie Coleman AKA EX-COP
    - Arnie AKA Mr. Powerlifter and Action Hero

Not some unknown Mormon bastard who happened to integrate the practice of hypertrophic training and a proper diet in between deliverling LDS pamphlets and banging his four hot wives.
    An ex cop would have training in combatives, so it wouldn't be all brute strength vs technique. Arnie would never agree to this cause he's old and he wouldn't want to damage his image by losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    It's really a case by case basis. Theres obviously more internet footage favoring a martial artist. I've trained half my life and I would think twice about fighting a guy who has 40 pounds on me and is gym strong.

Also these scenarios are always in a controlled situation. Streets and no rules is a little different
    Yes it is case by case, but in most cases bigger dude's tend to be cockier which is a big no no if you're in a fight. They think they're bigger and stronger and automatically have the advantage. Another reason is because they never experienced being beaten and have no idea what pain is, so they bum rush like fools and get reversed. I think the only difference the streets would make is the fighter would have finished that arm bar.

To answer the size question, the body builder had 100 lbs on him: 150 vs 250.
    Last edited by Hazard; 12-15-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Height and reach play a big factor as well. Strategy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    An ex cop would have training in combatives, so it wouldn't be all brute strength vs technique. Arnie would never agree to this cause he's old and he wouldn't want to damage his image by losing.
    I don't think bodybuilders have brute strength. Powerelifters and guys who participate in strongman competitions have much more strength imo..

Banned

If the fighter is a stand up striker type fighter with speed, he will take the body builder to the cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Yes it is case by case, but in most cases bigger dude's tend to be cockier which is a big no no if you're in a fight. They think they're bigger and stronger and automatically have the advantage. Another reason is because they never experienced being beaten and have no idea what pain is, so they bum rush like fools and get reversed. I think the only difference the streets would make is the fighter would have finished that arm bar.

To answer the size question, the body builder had 100 lbs on him: 150 vs 250.
    I just took your thread as stating this would be the definitive answer which I wouldn't say that would be the case. Your OP does say there's your answer

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Trained fighter 10/10 against somebody with no training in combat.