Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

Default I had to set it straight, sheet was getting out of control

I think it's a little strange, that this "circle of fans" (backpackers) seem to usually be on an island by themselves when it comes to actually knowing what they're talking about in terms of "industry standards" - being, the actual rap artists' standards themselves.

Interviews are all over the place. You can look them up. YouTube, hip-hop magazine website articles, etc. - countless media sources from ACTUAL RAPPERS IN THE GAME who give nothing but praise in regards to their own actual opinions of Eminem - and I don't just mean as a person, but specifically referring to the dude's skills.

Am I saying every single emcee out there is on the Eminem bandwagon? No, of course not, but what I am saying is there's a super sick ratio of rappers who support Em's skills opposed to a ratio that claim the dude just flat out sucks.

Now, let's think about that for a second. Who's opinion should be valued and considered to be more accurate? People like you, backpackers who seemingly hate, instead of actually providing a concrete argument backing up your claims with substance? ... or should the thoughts and opinions of actual rappers in the game be considered the more valuable, accurate, etc opinions?

You tell me.

Tech N9ne, a guy who's widely accepted as one of the more talented and skilled rappers to date, openly admitted Eminem is in his own words "the best rapper alive today" ... many industry experts feel Tech N9ne is among the best these is (feeling the same way about Em as well, I'm just making a point here), and there you have the best there is (Tech) saying Em is the best. That has to account for something, no?

Dr. Dre obviously feels so, wouldn't he? I mean, not only does he feel he's one of the best out there, he practically bet the whole damn farm that he was.

When it comes to Dre. does it get any more legendary? Name me a list of other rappers, producers, executives, etc who's opinion holes more weight. Damn I'd love to see it. Wait, what's that you say? Benzino said differently. LOL. Canibus had a little beef with Em, but that's bc Eminem dissed him. Canibus was dying to get on a track with the "Rap God" bc he HIGHLY respected his skills. You backpackers seemingly fail to see this simple yet very important point here.

The point I'm getting at is those in the actual industry completely shit on your opinions. Dre, Jay Z, Tech N9ne, etc the lists go on and on ... all saying the same thing that Eminem is a damn good emcee. And one of you clowns talked about everything Drake touches is pure gold (but you fail to mention T-Pain does the same thing, which is the same as Drake, an "at the moment" rap act other rap artists collaborate with to get radio play) and anything Em does it trash, that artists that hook up with the dude are in desperate need of a career face lift. Talking about Eminem desperately needs to get on a track with R&B artists like Rihanna bc their career is suffering.

Dude only just about cracks a million units pushed in his first week or at the most two weeks needed to pass platinum status on average per album released. Then you want to talk like Drake is pushing more, and making it sound as if Drake compared to Eminem in terms of record sales is child's play. I'm sorry you guys are sadly mistaken. I guess you fail to realize no one, not even the great Drake or J. Cole or anyone is moving units like slim.

But if you looked up the actual "numbers" you'd realize Eminem is not just a hit domestically in the US (like a Drake for example, oh plus Canada LMAO) but that Eminem shits on any rapper both in the US and internationally - with the exception of Jay Z, and Em openly admits he isn't on Jay's level. Drake isn't an international icon on the same level as Jay Z and Eminem, yet this same "clown" I've been talking about claims Drake is worthy of being in some Top 5 list and Em isn't.

[even one of the backpacker's ultra idols, Kool Keith from Ultramagnetic MCs, says Eminem is among the best in the game, October XXL magazine interview]

At the end of the day, all these backpackers can really say is Em sucks, and you ask them why, they say something like "people only like him because of his status" ... and something along the lines of "oh I almost die inside when someone says they like Eminem" ... again, you ask them why and to explain themselves and what do you get:

*CRICKETS*

I'm sure the typical response in here will be he fell off, etc Skill wise, he's done the exact opposite. You want to argue musically, his sound has taken a different direction, OK, I can understand that - but when you say his actual *skills* suck these days - that's when I have no other choice but to derail your argument, claim, stance or whatever you wanna call it - because I can't allow bullsh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t to circulate these boards if it's just that, bullsh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t. When someone tries to call a spade (Eminem) a club, I'm going to pull their card and set the record straight.
    Last edited by Hoodlum Science; 12-16-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Default Re: I had to set it straight, sheet was getting out of control

everybody come take my hand we'll walk this road together, through the storm whatever weather, cold or warm, just letting you know that, you're not alone ❤‎

lmao Em stans always go crazy if you criticize him in any way

me, I always thought that now only young kids or older women in their midlife crisis would listen to either Eminem or Drake

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

i don't think nobody questions EM's skills it's just that he ain't so compelling to younger crowd anymore

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    i don't think nobody questions EM's skills it's just that he ain't so compelling to younger crowd anymore

THis

If you question Ems skills you instantly have no credibility. Even the worst Em haters have to acknowledge his GOAT level skills, but he just doesn't have the same level content or relatability or storytelling or whatever that he used to. He went pop and hasn't been able to come back. He's got nothing for the street rap fans anymore, a large part of his core

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    everybody come take my hand we'll walk this road together, through the storm whatever weather, cold or warm, just letting you know that, you're not alone ❤‎
    Awwwww, how cuteziez! I wfuv me sum eMeNiM!!!

LOL, I'm not going to lie and say Em didn't or never sold out. In some regards, yes, he did. Then again, how many rappers haven't?

In the midst of all the selling out, typical normal shit roughly all rappers go through, experience, do, etc how many when the smoke clears can say they've accomplished more than Eminem?

Selling out or not ... the dudes skills are the dudes skills.

In the beginning, I hated Em. I hated his "selling out" shit songs like My Name Is, Without Me, Real Slim Shady, etc ... those type of songs IMO are straight shit, and always will be. I don't like every single things the dude has released. Just like every other rap artist, there's material I like and don't like.

When the dust settles, the skills are still the skills.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    lmao Em stans always go crazy if you criticize him in any way
    lmao, I'm not what you would consider an Eminem "stan" ... I don't like 100% of what the dude has released. I've never attended an Em concert. I don't feel any one single album released by Em is a "classic" (too much filler and fan-appeasing junk to quality, and my standards are incredibly high).

lmao part 2, Em critics never have a legitimate argument when it comes to anything of substance that would devalue the dude's skills. I have yet to hear a single argument that would convince me typical rapper A is better than Em for reasons A, B, C and D.

Maybe you can start and be the first?

"Del the Funky Homosapien never hopped on a track with Rihanna, therefore Del > Em!"

Damn, ya got me there.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    THis

If you question Ems skills you instantly have no credibility. Even the worst Em haters have to acknowledge his GOAT level skills, but he just doesn't have the same level content or relatability or storytelling or whatever that he used to. He went pop and hasn't been able to come back. He's got nothing for the street rap fans anymore, a large part of his core
    To me, the whole SSLP was a gimmick. I'm sorry, but bullshit like Hi! My Name Is! doesn't exactly equate to "street" IMO, and that really isn't debatable. It just isn't.

Now, Infiniti is very street. MMLP is much more street (than SSLP). Eminem Show isn't as street, but much more than SSLP. Anything post Eminem Show/Encore, you're right, doesn't have the "street vibe" to it. The direction of his music is different from that point forward. Some say for the better (me) while some say for the worse (others).

See to me, Eminem was never really a "street" kinda dude. He came off to me way too wi[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]gerish and fake. When he finally stopped trying to make and force his sound on the "keep it real" shit and actually "be real" instead it became much more natural and fitting of his real persona.

Many of you miss his old wi[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ger shit and that's fine. You enjoyed the do-rag rockin' one pant leg up wearin' clown Em, and I prefer the more mature laid back Em (who's still displaying and IMO even better verbal theatrics than ever before).
    Last edited by Hoodlum Science; 12-16-2013 at 06:58 AM.

recovery was a bullshits but mmlp2

♫♪♫

**** all these industry experts and snobbish vain ***** who believe their word is higher than anyone else's . buncha corny kooks . outside of artists going for it and people who truly love the essence of hip hop and the raw energy it was built upon , I could give a **** less about all the whack ass thoughts of some spoonfed goons . Usually the people who demand respect deserve it the least . Why do you need jay z tech 9 and whoever else to form your opinions ? Hip hops watered down now and the games behind it all have multiplied exponentially - where there's money there are rats , but there's still hope in a few . Swag yolo twerk etc etc

Em is still dope and will always be sick - he just has a dope voice and flow , but he's nowhereeeee close to as raw as he was when he put out Infinite , slim shady and marshal Matthews LPs . He used to paint some freakishly vivid pictures in my head as a youngster and kept me up on hip hop for a good chunk of time . He had this deranged but comedic take on subjects n he'd just shit on people and it was just too grimy . It just ****en got me hyped all the time

Hi kids !
    Do you like violence ?
    Wanna see me stick nine inch nails through each one of my eyelids ?
    Wanna copy me and do exactly like I did ?
    Try 'cid and get ****ed up worse than my life is ??

Btw I've never read some shit so off point on hip hop before . I'm ashamed of being a fan of hip hop because of the dumbass shit you're spewing left and right in threads it's just too corny you're a ****en robot
    Listen to some native tongues and save yourself
    Last edited by artex; 12-16-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
    To me, the whole SSLP was a gimmick. I'm sorry, but bullshit like Hi! My Name Is! doesn't exactly equate to "street" IMO, and that really isn't debatable. It just isn't.

Now, Infiniti is very street. MMLP is much more street (than SSLP). Eminem Show isn't as street, but much more than SSLP. Anything post Eminem Show/Encore, you're right, doesn't have the "street vibe" to it. The direction of his music is different from that point forward. Some say for the better (me) while some say for the worse (others).

See to me, Eminem was never really a "street" kinda dude. He came off to me way too wi[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]gerish and fake. When he finally stopped trying to make and force his sound on the "keep it real" shit and actually "be real" instead it became much more natural and fitting of his real persona.

Many of you miss his old wi[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ger shit and that's fine. You enjoyed the do-rag rockin' one pant leg up wearin' clown Em, and I prefer the more mature laid back Em (who's still displaying and IMO even better verbal theatrics than ever before).
    I didn't really mean lyrics-wise, meant sound-wise. Obviously songs like my name is were for radio-play but even his non-singles now sound like pop. No more dark beats with grimy lyrics and shit. I'm not saying I don't like Em, theres always a few gems in every album, and he's top 5 all time imo, but he fell off with these last few albums. And im not trying to have an e-flame battle, but you are going pauk lion essay status with your defense of em (staning). no hate tho

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    Shake that ass for me. Shake that ass for me. come on and shake that ass for me, shake that ass. For me.

Quote Originally Posted by artex
    **** all these industry experts and snobbish vain ***** who believe their word is higher than anyone else's . buncha corny kooks . outside of artists going for it and people who truly love the essence of hip hop and the raw energy it was built upon , I could give a **** less about all the whack ass thoughts of some spoonfed goons . Usually the people who demand respect deserve it the least . Why do you need jay z tech 9 and whoever else to form your opinions ? Hip hops watered down now and the games behind it all have multiplied exponentially - where there's money there are rats , but there's still hope in a few . Swag yolo twerk etc etc

Em is still dope and will always be sick - he just has a dope voice and flow , but he's nowhereeeee close to as raw as he was when he put out Infinite , slim shady and marshal Matthews LPs . He used to paint some freakishly vivid pictures in my head as a youngster and kept me up on hip hop for a good chunk of time . He had this deranged but comedic take on subjects n he'd just shit on people and it was just too grimy . It just ****en got me hyped all the time

Hi kids !
    Do you like violence ?
    Wanna see me stick nine inch nails through each one of my eyelids ?
    Wanna copy me and do exactly like I did ?
    Try 'cid and get ****ed up worse than my life is ??

Btw I've never read some shit so off point on hip hop before . I'm ashamed of being a fan of hip hop because of the dumbass shit you're spewing left and right in threads it's just too corny you're a ****en robot
    Listen to some native tongues and save yourself
    I don't need anyone else to help me formulate my own opinions. I was simply bringing to light those who are actually living the rap dream as a profession share my opinion... and not that I'm a fan of Em because other rappers are. I'm the only one in these threads backing up my opinion with substance instead of making some fruitless statement such as "when someone says they're a fan of Em, I did, bc they only care about his status" ...

That's about as elementary and corny sounding as someone describing My Name Is in a word "grimy"

Yikes. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94

Am I missing some sarcasm here?
    How would that be sarcasm? Are you suggesting My Name Is, Without Me and Real Slim Shady aren't bullshit and weren't fan-appeasing (selling-out) material that was pressure from the industry to have those one or two key tracks per album to suck the life out of the over-all album yet at the same time be exactly what a typical 13 or 14 year old teenie pop fan would want to hear?

Without Me isn't hip-hop ... Without Me isn't what I would call (good) hip-hop. My Name Is, which perhaps somewhat creative and lyrically impressive, still isn't hip-hop.