Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Krust Kingz

Default Re: Tha State of Rap and R&B.

R&B took a turn for the worse because record companies wanted to save money. Record companies took away R&B Bands, then R&B groups, then R&B band music (people playing instruments), it became solo artist driven, totally studio type music. 'Putas helps the voices, no one really had to be able to sing but artist became created with looks more so than talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    When records sales for the mainstream took over the record companies responded. Now you get trash music. Simple supply and demand, the consumers didnt want to buy music from the lyrically responsible artist. Then the artist stopped becoming responsible for lyrical contents but making a pop song.

After '94 consumers and record execs took away hip hop diversity and lyrical responsibility.
    I definitely agree. Them record execs are messing it up for us, that's why they promote Nutting but dumb songs that makes no sense, and brag about nuttin but money and puhcee, and iz making it worse for tha next generation coming up because we no longer have them type of positive and real messages in mainstream like that at all anymore, especially with lyrics. At tha same time us fans and listeners have to stop paying these wack artists albums and shit, stop going to their damn concerts which they get payed a lot for, even speak out against these corporate niguhs, that's why they still selling and taking ova cuz many of us won't stand up for what we really want and need to hear.

who negged me and then said leave tha internet grandpa??

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    R&B took a turn for the worse because record companies wanted to save money. Record companies took away R&B Bands, then R&B groups, then R&B band music (people playing instruments), it became solo artist driven, totally studio type music. 'Putas helps the voices, no one really had to be able to sing but artist became created with looks more so than talent.
    yea true. Groups have definitely diminished thru tha years. Studio definitely taken over with studio effects over instruments. We definitely lost that essence.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

There's been articles that support everything that Rameek is stating so it aint ramblings from a nostalgic poster.

It also used to cost more to produce a record so labels were more selective on who they signed.

The best thing this era has brought us is giving aspiring artists a more viable platform to showcase themselves. The bad part, most of them suck.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    There's been articles that support everything that Rameek is stating so it aint ramblings from a nostalgic poster.

It also used to cost more to produce a record so labels were more selective on who they signed.

The best thing this era has brought us is giving aspiring artists a more viable platform to showcase themselves. The bad part, most of them suck.
    yea music these dayz produces tons of garbage with an inch of gold plus back tgen there were at least a variety and balance of good rap, mediocrity of rap, and just a few bad rappers, now its just a major problem and a lot of copycats, no real originality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    Hi guys what do you think about this one?
    He's a friend of mine, from Milan, Italy.
    I'd appreciate your comments.
    No feedback?
    I know you guys cannot understand the lyrics but hey you can judge the music and the flow anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    That's always funny. Those stealth negs with the punk comments without revealing who you are.

How do you even neg?
    yea people can be so puhcee these dayz i don't even neg people my damn self tho

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    yea music these dayz produces tons of garbage with an inch of gold plus back tgen there were at least a variety and balance of good rap, mediocrity of rap, and just a few bad rappers, now its just a major problem and a lot of copycats, no real originality.
    Sorry, but copycats were always an issue on all forms of entertainment.

Some of it can be blamed on influence, but the majority is labels and artists jumping on a popular trend. We saw tons of that in the "Golden Era" of rap as well. The main difference was the average mainstream rapper was better than today's.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Sorry, but copycats were always an issue on all forms of entertainment.

Some of it can be blamed on influence, but the majority is labels and artists jumping on a popular trend. We saw tons of that in the "Golden Era" of rap as well. The main difference was the average mainstream rapper was better than today's.
    My bad bro I should of been more specific. I meant copycats that do bad music, I agree that they were always copycats period, but even back then we had more originality compared to now good or bad.

Excuse me, what? This isn't even subjective or up for debate. 2pac died in 1996, the same year Reasonable Doubt was released, Jay Z's first album, which didn't even go platinum until 2002.

Jay-Z was NOT a platinum selling rapper while 2pac was alive.

His fist album was released less than 3 months before Pac died.
    thank you

My bad bro I should of been more specific. I meant copycats that do bad music, I agree that they were always copycats period, but even back then we had more originality compared to now good or bad.
    You just made another "back then" thread. Real original.

Nobody cares about your sh!tty taste in music, or the garbage ass Knicks.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Why are dustheads always bitching about mainstream rap? Why not just keep listening to ur boring dictionary raps and stop complaining.

I swear these dude force themselves to like the shit they hear.

R&B is doing fine, we got artist like Janelle Monae, Frank Ocean, Miguel, The Weeknd, and John Legend.

Excuse me, what? This isn't even subjective or up for debate. 2pac died in 1996, the same year Reasonable Doubt was released, Jay Z's first album, which didn't even go platinum until 2002.

Jay-Z was NOT a platinum selling rapper while 2pac was alive.

His fist album was released less than 3 months before Pac died.

Not to mention that Reasonable Doubt wasn't considered a classic until way after its release. It didn't get the same hype that Illmatic did. Jay did a Lil Wayne on everybody and made everyone believe it was a classic by constantly repeating and telling us so (although I am one that agrees with the sentiment).

I agree that underground iz better and do have gems, but I think it don't have that impact like tha 90s, mainly cuz of mainstream. Underground rap have to do better hits wise than them fake ass garbage mainstream artists. They have to have that all around greatness about them. Its just no new innovators in this line of work anymore man. rap in tha 90s simply touched people wayy,,more now, and tha underground simply have to step their game up especially for tha hard headed new generation who just think money iz everything. Something gotta give. Even R&B is watered down, there's no more Anita bakers and mary j. bliges out there. Plus male singers today only consist of chris brown, Trey songz and old ass r. Kelly we actually had a catalog of singers back then.
    Kids these days just don't know. I actually feel sorry for all these kids that think hip hop is a bunch of cAts with suspect tendencies rapping about money(on their first album) and having singing on every god damn song. And the beats??!!!!? Most of the shit wouldn't pass for watered down r and b back in the day. At least lately some of these bassy miamI bass beats are bearable. Straight garbage.

And the names. ... Went from big l to lil everything and young everything. ???!!? Crazy how many lil's and young's there are. Super suspect.