Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: This is why dogs are ten times better than cats

I grew up with cats and dogs as pets all my life, so I like both. Obviously prefer a dog, but I work shift work and don't have a huge backyard (not big on small dogs) so it's not the sort of situation I want to bring a dog into.

At least with a cat, you leave food and water out and it doesn't really give a shit if it doesn't see you or not most of the time.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Dog vs cat is no contest. I've been around both, and there is no substitute for having a pet that is always happy to see you, will love you pretty much unconditionally, and will forgive you for almost everything. They are everything you wish a human could be in some ways.

Yeah I agree no contest.

Some things I think about. Litter box? Easy to change. Dog shits and it cant be enjoyable to pick up. What if it has the runs? How do you pick that up? Cats are dbags. I think they troll better than dogs. A dog could be clumsy but overall? They dont troll you. A cat will walk, jump and lay on your 360. You know if you move it or tell it to get off? Game scratch. Dog doesnt do that. A cat will interrupt you typing on a laptop. Females think its cool but not me. Get the f*ck off my keyboard. A dog will lay by your feet or in its little area. A cat will sleep on your suit you laid out on your bed. You can sleep any and every place in this place but you selectively choose my f*cking suit I laid out. Really? A dog will f*ck up your lawn digging. A cat will dig in good furniture.

Cats are a-holes. Trollers. But they dont require as much attentions a s a dog. You could bone a female and your cat doesn't care. A dog will try to sniff your asses. Its like f*ck outta here.

But yeah no contest.

johndeer, you have a dog? If not you should buy one you wealthy animal!

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah I agree no contest.

Some things I think about. Litter box? Easy to change. Dog shits and it cant be enjoyable to pick up. What if it has the runs? How do you pick that up? Cats are dbags. I think they troll better than dogs. A dog could be clumsy but overall? They dont troll you. A cat will walk, jump and lay on your 360. You know if you move it or tell it to get off? Game scratch. Dog doesnt do that. A cat will interrupt you typing on a laptop. Females think its cool but not me. Get the f*ck off my keyboard. A dog will lay by your feet or in its little area. A cat will sleep on your suit you laid out on your bed. You can sleep any and every place in this place but you selectively choose my f*cking suit I laid out. Really? A dog will f*ck up your lawn digging. A cat will dig in good furniture.

Cats are a-holes. Trollers. But they dont require as much attentions a s a dog. You could bone a female and your cat doesn't care. A dog will try to sniff your asses. Its like f*ck outta here.

But yeah no contest.

johndeer, you have a dog? If not you should buy one you wealthy animal!
    I agree with every thing but this.

I was boning a chick and her cat kept messing with my feet and trying to get in between us.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

This is my buddy GOBB.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    there's been studies that show people who like cats (including men) enjoy being dominated by the opposite sex in bed. Psychology of having looking after a cat and following it's whims is the same as dudes who enjoy being tied up and their girlfriends using strap ons apparently.....
    This explains everything...

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Just declaw them and it's all good.

My last cat was a beautiful, tough big tomcat. Always showed me love, always returned. I always took care of him when he came around. Then suddenly one day he returned home and croaked. Looks a lot like someone poisoned him but will never know.

Current situation is dogs, no cats

stupid ass comparison.... dogs are a mans best friend... They're attached to owners, unlike cats... If you ever owned a cat and you have a friend over, the cat always tries to jump on the new person that he sees.... that's how they're... No wonder why the cat didn't do anything. I've got 3 cats and they're same way. They love me thou when it's just me.. as i'm typing, my cats is a foot away from me....

Lebron of ISH

I automatically think your kind of weird if you like cats more than dogs.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

i love both but i prefer dogs. i've had 2 dogs (a black lab and a havanese).

but i want a pet cheetah:

http://youtu.be/mvsj3eJpjQk

Lebron of ISH

Seriously how is it even a comparison. What does a cat have to offer. Dogs are real ******. As soon as you get a dog and bond with them they are hommies for life.

   

i love cats, but that doesn't mean i can't like dogs, too. the girl i'm dating now has a pomeranian... pretty much the opposite of the labs and shepards i grew up with. so it might take me some time to get used to the nervous little dog thing. i want to see if it can do this, tho...

   

oh... one thing i definitely don't like about most dogs is the smell, though. like if i'm trying to work on something and a dog keeps coming over to be petted or whatnot, then it means i'll usually have to wash the oil off my hands over and over.

the smell and oily coats are there for a reason, of course, but they're wasted in modern times. except for maybe fox-hunting or bull harrying or whatever.

It's probably a combination of a lot of things. Cats might not be able to connect as well that a particular human is responsible for their resources... they may just see a human and think oh yea these things feed me and nice to me no need to worry. They also have crazy reflexes that allow them to be more adventurous and aren't pack animals. They are also better hunters naturally it seems... My cats have brought in birds, rates, and mice with no hunting experience. Dogs seem to just chase things like idiots; cats are way more stealth. Maybe that gives them extra security as well that they don't need humans.

   

yup. domestic cats are based on the desert and african wildcats-- solitary hunters, solitary dwellers for the most part.

dogs probably chase animals 'like idiots' because that's an effective method for hunting as a pack. you have chasers with smelly coats to panic the prey, and you might not even need stealthy ambushers (like some other pack carnivores) as long as you have a rough circle / flank of chasers.

dogs in general need a lot more exercise than cats, so that's another very good reason to conduct silly chases.