Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Default What can the Nets get for Lopez?

Who wants him?

Default Re: What can the Nets get for Lopez?

Why trade Lopez? Hes the best player on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Watch games.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Brook can put 20 points a night on the board but literally does nothing else. And it's fine if you don't do anything else once in a while but he's been a one dimensional player his entire damn career. "Hello, I'm Brook Lopez and I can score the ball. However, I suck ass on defense, rebounding, toughness, communicating, motivating and I'm going to shoot more jump shots than post up moves. Oh, and when I do post up I'll be 20 feet away from the basket because I'm to soft to get better positioning".

Since Deron came back and we have seen clearly Derons affect on this team vs Lopez's, I don't know how anyone can say Lopez is the best player on the team.

shhhhhhh

so i'm guessing Lopez did something tonight that cost the Nets the game?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Last 2 games the Nets have been out rebounded by a total of 30 and Lopez has 12 in those last 2. Not to mention his inability to play defense caused Evan Turner to hit a game winner tonight.

It wasn't him specifically but his interior defense has been horrid all season long which is why the Nets are ranked dead last in defense. If I had to point one player out it would have to be Deron and his six turnovers and FIVE missed free throws. You just can't have that crap happen if your 9-16 and trying to win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Brook can put 20 points a night on the board but literally does nothing else. And it's fine if you don't do anything else once in a while but he's been a one dimensional player his entire damn career. "Hello, I'm Brook Lopez and I can score the ball. However, I suck ass on defense, rebounding, toughness, communicating, motivating and I'm going to shoot more jump shots than post up moves. Oh, and when I do post up I'll be 20 feet away from the basket because I'm to soft to get better positioning".
    He shoots 57% from the floor. Why complain about his shot selection? Hes clearly doing something right. If hes shooting 57% all from jumpshots, then by all means, keep shooting. At least that's what I'd want a player on my team doing.

He plays 33 minutes a game and grabs 3 offensive boards a game over his career. I'd say that's a reasonable amount of effort. His defensive boards are shocking, but then again he plays on a team with Garnett, Evans, Blatche and Pierce. All very good defensive rebounders. Might as well focus on what you're good at.

He shoots 57% from the floor. Why complain about his shot selection? Hes clearly doing something right. If hes shooting 57% all from jumpshots, then by all means, keep shooting. At least that's what I'd want a player on my team doing.

He plays 33 minutes a game and grabs 3 offensive boards a game over his career. I'd say that's a reasonable amount of effort. His defensive boards are shocking, but then again he plays on a team with Garnett, Evans, Blatche and Pierce. All very good defensive rebounders. Might as well focus on what you're good at.
    No, just no on the rebounding. We've been out rebounded the past 2 games by a total of 30. Lopez has had 12 rebounds over those past two. Don't look at his career numbers, apparently he's completely lost his ability to rebound these past couple years.

And let's not even mention the god awful defense.

Please don't look at stats and try to argue with me. I watch this guy on a nightly basis and he is the precise definition of "tissue paper". Obviously the other Nets fan in this thread is sharing the same sentiments and there's a reason for that. He had the ball just blatantly ripped out of his hands tonight two times, allowed like 30 interior points because of crappy pick and roll defense and allowed SPENCER HAWES TO HAVE A NEAR TRIPLE DOUBLE. 10/9/8/ for Hawes. Way to go Brook.

The Nets gave up maybe 70 pts in the paint, no exaggeration. It wasn't all him though, their guards let everyone get to the hoop. Pierce, who they are giving huge props defense is shit. I don't see the benefit of the Nets trading their most consistent player.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Nets gave up maybe 70 pts in the paint, no exaggeration. It wasn't all him though, their guards let everyone get to the hoop. Pierce, who they are giving huge props defense is shit. I don't see the benefit of the Nets trading their most consistent player.
    Wel since DWill came back he was the most consistent and before that, Joe Johnson was the most consistent. If Chicago calls up and offers Noah for Lopez and Plumlee or the Pelicans offer Holiday, do you say no?

What about those years where KG, Blatch and Pierce were not on the team and he was still averaging th esame amount of rebounds

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    What about those years where KG, Blatch and Pierce were not on the team and he was still averaging th esame amount of rebounds
    He still had Humphries before that. And Evans.

His rebounding has gone down as their have been more rebounders on the team. Hes played with some insanely good rebounders over the course of his career, and thats not even an exaggeration.