Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: The great LeBron James is now officially shooting 60 percent on the season

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    It's easy to shoot 60% when you're team is so stacked that you're pretty much always left open or single covered
    Yep. We've seen this happen consistently with players on stacked teams throughout history.

Nothing new guys.

Kobelicious

Default Re: The great LeBron James is now officially shooting 60 percent on the season

lebron has been able to do this thanks to his passing ability and great teammates (not to take anything anything from bron), this team suit his strength the most (props to riley), it make him into 3 dimensional player, you double him, he would pass it to the open guy who would mostly convert the basket. too many option in attack, it makes the opponent harder to guard him

just about george bron comparison the other day, i dont think its too far fetched saying george is already on par with bron defensively and offensively, but one thing that he doesnt have, the passing ability, that alone make him on a whole different stratosphere

compared to the guy like carmelo: if he passes it, his teammate would brick it
    Last edited by VIntageNOvel; 12-21-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VIntageNOvel
    lebron has been able to do this thanks to his passing ability and great teammates (not to take anything anything from bron), this team suit his strength the most (props to riley), it make him into 3 dimensional player, you double him, he would pass it to the open guy who would mostly convert the basket. too many option in attack, it makes the opponent harder to guard him

are you an idiot? he has always shot the ball well. his game is just better now. he always used to get big assist numbers in cleveland when cleveland used to suck because his passes are in the exact place where the shooter wants it.
    if you watched today's game then you would have noticed his passes to bosh and wade.
    Guys like you should stop watching basketball because you clearly have no understanding of what is really happening on the court.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I do think this is true in general.

In the playoffs, defenses are less likely to give up easier attempts, so in general you're gonna have to take and make difficult shots that the defense is more likely to concede, particularly against top defenses. Generally, these are gonna be long jumpers and shots you create with your post game. It's very difficult to win championships unless your offensive anchor is adept from midrange/in the post.
    But does capitalizing on those shots and producing for your team in a highly efficient manner somehow make you an inferior player, like donkey brains is alluding to?

It most definitely does not. If LeBron struggles in the post season, similar to Peyton Manning, then let that be its own platform to be criticized. But in terms of the regular season, particularly this season, Bron is killing it.

Now, I will say this. What KD does and is doing right now offensively is more impressive. A jump shooter averaging 50% from the field scoring 29 points per game is more deserving of praise than a player that gets the majority of his points on dunks, open shots. It's why no matter how dominant Shaq's peak was, most people still consider what Jordan was able to do as a perimeter player more impressively dominant.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by VIntageNOvel

just about george bron comparison the other day, i dont think its too far fetched saying george is already on par with bron defensively and offensively, but one thing that he doesnt have, the passing ability, that alone make him on a whole different stratosphere

Even when Melo had great teammates in Denver, he wasn't a great facilitator, or passer. So let's not pretend the incompetence from the rest of the Knicks are the means to his low assist totals.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    are you an idiot? he has always shot the ball well. his game is just better now. he always used to get big assist numbers in cleveland when cleveland used to suck because his passes are in the exact place where the shooter wants it.
    if you watched today's game then you would have noticed his passes to bosh and wade.
    Guys like you should stop watching basketball because you clearly have no understanding of what is really happening on the court.
    Being a great jump shooter and an efficient scorer are two vastly different things.

Kobelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    calm the **** down dude,
    im giving him props here, but dont act like its all on lebron,
    you wouldnt shoot 60% if you got shit teammates, and nothing is wrong with having a great team, every other great had it
    your lacking of reading comprehension, and quick to get your jimmy rustled make you look dumber than the shit you just posted

i already said his pasing ability make him unique and differ him from the like of durant and george (you could argue durant is better than him offensively, yet bron is more unguardable because of his passing)
    Last edited by VIntageNOvel; 12-21-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

60% top 3 scoring perimeter player, yet no other top 10 scorer in the league is cracking 50%, pretty stupid.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Not trying to hate, but his percentages will most likely drop off significantly in the playoffs, just like last year (went from 57% in the regular season to 49% in the post season).
    His percentages will drop against better defenses? What a revelation!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    But does capitalizing on those shots and producing for your team in a highly efficient manner somehow make you an inferior player, like donkey brains is alluding to?

It most definitely does not. If LeBron struggles in the post season, similar to Peyton Manning, then let that be its own platform to be criticized. But in terms of the regular season, particularly this season, Bron is killing it.

Now, I will say this. What KD does and is doing right now offensively is more impressive. A jump shooter averaging 50% from the field scoring 29 points per game is more deserving of praise than a player that gets the majority of his points on dunks, open shots. It's why no matter how dominant Shaq's peak was, most people still consider what Jordan was able to do as a perimeter player more impressively dominant.
    1) No, I don't think it necessarily does, unless you become overly dependent on these easier shots. LeBron's won his two rings largely on the strength of his post game (2012) and long jumpers (2013). Defenses will take driving, the transition game, offensive rebounding, and the three away so I think the midrange- & postgames.

2) Perhaps not, but the less predictable you are the better. Michael did the same thing...he had his most prolific scoring seasons earlier on, but he diversified his game and was a beast before his athleticism dropped (and the skills he built helped keep him dangerous on that end even past his physical prime). Same thing we're seeing with LeBron.

3) Of course he is, and his work down low is a big part of it (he's been one of the best in the league in the post this year, even though some are still ignoring this). His jumper seems kinda broken, though.

Regarding outside scoring being more impressive in general, I'm not sure about that. I don't give bonus points for degree of difficulty per se (unless, as I said before, the "easier" shots are the type that elite defenses can take away from you in the postseason), since a big part of scoring at a good clip is creating your own shots. If you're able to do so, I can't fault you. I do like KD though, definitely one of the best scorers in league history.

As for Jordan and Shaq, I'd have to disagree, though I'm a bigs guy personally. I suppose a perimeter-based game is more aesthetically pleasing (though MJ was a good slasher especially early on, and a good post-player later on, so he wasn't too far from the basket all of the time) to some, but give me the back-to-the-basket game any day (despite his underrated footwork I'll give you that Shaq was a lot of power, but Hakeem had some incredible moves). It's amazing watching those guys go to work on the block IMO.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by strifed169
    60% top 3 scoring perimeter player, yet no other top 10 scorer in the league is cracking 50%, pretty stupid.
    KD is at .494. He's been at or above 50% for the last two years. He's on a stretch now shooting 58% or the like in his last 9 games. So safe to assume he'll be "cracking 50%" fairly soon.

As great as LeBron has been this year (and I think him to be the best player in the league), thusfar my MVP is KD for the monster games he has consistently been pouring in since Westbrook returned.
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 12-21-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

LeEfficientButNotDominant

Banned

Of course 60% is possible when you have so many talented players to cover your flaws. Of course getting high assist is possible when you got pure shooters everywhere. Of course getting high PPG is possible when every foul call goes your way. Of course offense is great when you got some of the best defenders on your team. Of course winning the finals is possible when you got Wade, Allen, and Bosh to score whenever your shots start going off and when Shane Battier (the guy that always gave you problem when he was still playing with the Rockets) is now playing on your team and covering Durant or Melo to get the pressure off you. Last, of course you won't get the blame when your team loses, you are the chosen one, you are the main character in a movie, and you have so-called Lebron stans that are hired by the league and media to kiss your ass on this board so that the mass would buy into that "Lebron is the best player in the world" bullshit.
    Last edited by masonx20; 12-21-2013 at 03:35 AM.

* Collusion
    Still a choker

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    This.

He shoots a high percentage because people leave him open or dare him to shoot defense.
    If he's shooting 60% that's pretty ****ing stupid then isn't it.