Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fair warning: Actions that put your topic or post in danger of deletion

i dont mind trolls at all, most of them are funny, few exceptions like ispin69, overall its what sets this place apart from other bball forum shitholes i wont even name

Default Re: Fair warning: Actions that put your topic or post in danger of deletion

we gotta do somethin' bout the multiple gimmick syndrome too, im not saying every guy with multiple acccounts is a lebron stan but the evidence keeps stacking up:

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    For the most part with me....I don't mind if you are an idiot....if you are funny or you took real effort to explain your absurd conclusion.

When I stop letting it go is when you do it in 3-4 topics a day or even one a week if I see it 8 times.

You can say virtually anything with a genuine effort being put in to explain why you believe it and id ignore it like....7 times. When you do it all day every day.....
    I suggestion to stop trolls from creating multiple topics a day is to have limitations on the number of threads you can create if you have a negative rep. Let's be real there's a common denominator with all the idiots that keep flooding the boards with the same threads over and over again.

Is Jameer's ban permanent?

1. ****, ******, ******. Notice the series of asterisks? That's because these words are banned. So when you clever kids do some minor alteration to get around the auto-censor you are still violating the rule, you just avoided the censor. And especially when you are using a word that is offensive to a certain group of people, be it racially or to a certain gender? That's one of the main reasons a forum will have moderators.
    YOLO

Banned

Some of you are acting like the troll problem is 4chan level. It's not. It's pedestrian and it's the usual suspects.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Some of you are acting like the troll problem is 4chan level. It's not. It's pedestrian and it's the usual suspects.
    Yeah, it's not even Sherdog level.

But I agree with the concept.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    YOLO
    A word that should be autocensored.

Only you and a handful of the mods are still active. Many of them don't come here anymore. May be time for Jeff to update.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Yeah, it's not even Sherdog level.

But I agree with the concept.
    sherdog is moderated with much more scrutiny than here, I have experienced many bans there first hand

Quote Originally Posted by LeGOAT
    Shut the fu.ck up kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    1. ****, ******, ******. Notice the series of asterisks? That's because these words are banned. So when you clever kids do some minor alteration to get around the auto-censor you are still violating the rule, you just avoided the censor. And especially when you are using a word that is offensive to a certain group of people, be it racially or to a certain gender? That's one of the main reasons a forum will have moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    It's situational. If you tell a troll to frack off, then the mods won't come down on you.

Just in case, frack isn't an alternate spelling. It's a BSG reference.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I don't even know what Sherdog is, but 4chan is in the tens of millions of active users.

ISH's stats at the bottom of the site say there are 2,429 active users. So the troll to member ratio here is pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    sherdog is moderated with much more scrutiny than here, I have experienced many bans there first hand
    I haven't been back there for a while, but I remembered the trolling was out of control there.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    I don't even know what Sherdog is, but 4chan is in the tens of millions of active users.

ISH's stats at the bottom of the site say there are 2,429 active users. So the troll to member ratio here is pretty terrible.
    Sherdog is a forum usually for MMA talk, but they also discuss boxing, amateur, and other sports like basketball.