Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default 50 years from now...

How do you think the landscape of the NBA would look? Would we have a completely different All-Time top 10? Would the NBA be more popular? Would different rules be implemented?

Default Re: 50 years from now...

The league will have folded by then, IMO.

There will be a new consensus GOAT.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore TheWalkman's Avatar

We won't be around.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

All physical sports will be obsolete.

Mental sports like Chess and newly created games will takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    All physical sports will be obsolete.

Mental sports like Chess and newly created games will takeover.
    League of Legends will be the most watched thing in the world. Sunday Night League of Legends will break records.

just like drugs were made to make athletes faster in 80 till now. drugs will be made by then which will make athletes play till their mid 40s. i will really not be surprised if this happens.
    superstars will play till 40 at least and will break all the records set by current players.

Quote Originally Posted by iTare
    League of Legends will be the most watched thing in the world. Sunday Night League of Legends will break records.
    i hope dota 2 does that. LoL is just a cash cow owned by a chinese company now that doesn't care for the game at all.
    i worked for valve for an year and they really enjoy the games they work on.
    Last edited by Rose'sACL; 12-21-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    just like drugs were made to make athletes faster in 80 till now. drugs will be made by then which will make athletes play till their mid 40s. i will really not be surprised if this happens.
    superstars will play till 40 at least and will break all the records set by current players.

i hope dota 2 does that. LoL is just a cash cow owned by a chinese company now that doesn't care for the game at all.
    i worked for valve for an year and they really enjoy the games they work on.
    Both of thsoe games are way easier, simplier, less skill requiring games than starcraft, starcraft is not as popular, (it's right behind those two though), because you have to buy it and it's too difficult for casuals to play it, it's the real competition, where real training and skill is at, way better game to spectate however (many that don't play starcraft watch starcraft, not the case with mobas, so starcraft is closer to traditional sports in that sense). So yeah if esports surpass traditional sports, I atleast hope that it's rts genre not moba...

Jerseys will be covered by advertising, and the newer NBA arenas will cater elusively to upper class folks with suites lining the entire facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Both of thsoe games are way easier, simplier, less skill requiring games than starcraft, starcraft is not as popular, (it's right behind those two though), because you have to buy it and it's too difficult for casuals to play it, it's the real competition, where real training and skill is at, way better game to spectate however (many that don't play starcraft watch starcraft, not the case with mobas, so starcraft is closer to traditional sports in that sense). So yeah if esports surpass traditional sports, I atleast hope that it's rts genre not moba...
    i have played both for countless hours and drafting phase alone in a professional dota game of high quality requires more intelligence than a whole top tier pro game of starcraft plus the fact that you have to work together with 4 more people to pull off a successful gank. i hope people don't confuse lol and dota 2. dota is 5-6 times as complex as LoL but never had the backing of a big company till valve made dota 2. riot is the one pumping money into lol while dota 2 has many independent tournaments. starcraft is dead anyways. blizzard is going the EA way and ruining everything. Warcraft 3 is the best game of all time by a big margin if you factor in all the mods.
    problem is that people think world of warcraft and warcaft 3 are same thing.

Last edited by Marchesk; 12-21-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Banned

referees won't be human

Banned

Robotic and digital sports shall overtake silly humans and their limited physical attributes. When they become mainstream, real sports probably begin to lose steam and fast.

NBA lottery pick

Good question. Let's take a look at the past, to learn about the future.

50 years ago the world was very different. It's almost hard to imagine how such great change can happen seemingly over night.

50 years ago, from today, would mean we are looking at the 1960s. A time where the threat of a nuclear holocaust was a reality, instead of a dull movie plot in a James Bond flick.

50 years ago Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream. It would set fourth a wave of civil reform and change forever the landscape of American society.

50 years ago Muhammad Ali became a champion in professional boxing. He captivated a world and became a sports icon.

50 years ago professional athletes realized sports was becoming a big business and there was too much money at risk. So, they did whatever necessary to gain an edge. The rise of PEDS would be the result.

Yes, things were a lot different than today. If we all were looking through the eyes of someone of the 60s, we would see the world completely different.

I imagine we can say the same for the people that will come after us.

Sports, in my opinion, will only rise in profits/popularity.

Hell, about 2000+ years ago sports still thrived in the form of gladiators fighting in a game of death while on-lookers(fans) cheered or jeered.

I can see the NBA only rising in popularity in 50 years. There will be many greats that will fall and rise. One thing is for sure, it'll be one hell of a ride. Just like the last 50 years up till now.

Hopefully, the human race doesn't surfer some doomsday event. Asteroid, super volcanoes, etc...

It's bound to happen, nature is undefeated.
    Last edited by Foster5k; 12-21-2013 at 08:03 PM.

This era would be mocked, guaranteed.