Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Parker & Duncan VS. Stockton & Malone

All other teammates equal, who would you rather have? Tony Parker and Tim Duncan or John Stockton and Karl Malone?

Banned

Default Re: Parker & Duncan VS. Stockton & Malone

Stockton + Malone

Stockton is way more valuable than Parker could ever hope to be.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Stockton + Malone

Stockton is way more valuable than Parker could ever hope to be.
    Stockton is highly overrated on this board.

If you need someone to get you back into a game, its Parker. Stockton has scored over 30 points just 9 times in his career. Parker playing his best game, is better than Stockton playing his. That's the difference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Stockton is highly overrated on this board.

If you need someone to get you back into a game, its Parker. Stockton has scored over 30 points just 9 times in his career. Parker playing his best game, is better than Stockton playing his. That's the difference.
    Stockton is a point guard and does what a point guard is supposed to do as well as anyone ever has. The day real point guards are overrated and garbage and scoring point guards are considered way better is the day the position died.

Wait a damn second...

You flat out think Parker is a better player than Stockton? Really?

High School Starter

Stockton and Malone, Duncan >Malone Stockton > Parker but I think Malone and Stockton had some freaky telepathy going on

the duo with ringz.

Stockton is a point guard and does what a point guard is supposed to do as well as anyone ever has. The day real point guards are overrated and garbage and scoring point guards are considered way better is the day the position died.

Wait a damn second...

You flat out think Parker is a better player than Stockton? Really?
    If they both played their best games on the same day, give me Parker.

Stockton was a model of consistency which is what makes him great, and so is Parker in a sense, but he has an extra gear. I think Stockton's system helped him accumulate stats, where as the system Parker plays in doesn't, and I don't think people understand his impact. I'm not saying Parker is better than Stockton, but if both had their best games, I think Parker is better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    If they both played their best games on the same day, give me Parker.

Stockton was a model of consistency which is what makes him great, and so is Parker in a sense, but he has an extra gear. I think Stockton's system helped him accumulate stats, where as the system Parker plays in doesn't, and I don't think people understand his impact. I'm not saying Parker is better than Stockton, but if both had their best games, I think Parker is better.
    Wrong.

You understand he holds basically every APG record there is, right? That has nothing to do with consistency. His a/t ratio is GOAT level. That also has nothing to do with consistency.

I love how you brought in the system argument. I was actually expecting something new and not that tired nonsense used to discredit Malone and Stockton.

Stockton was feeding the best finishing PF of all time. Of course his assists are inflated!

Malone was being fed by the greatest passer of all time. Of course his scoring is inflated!

Nope. Boring and cliche and without an ounce of truth in either direction. They would get their stats, regardless because they were simply transcendent players.

Wrong.

You understand he holds basically every APG record there is, right? That has nothing to do with consistency. His a/t ratio is GOAT level. That also has nothing to do with consistency.

I love how you brought in the system argument. I was actually expecting something new and not that tired nonsense used to discredit Malone and Stockton.

Stockton was feeding the best finishing PF of all time. Of course his assists are inflated!

Malone was being fed by the greatest passer of all time. Of course his scoring is inflated!

Nope. Boring and cliche and without an ounce of truth in either direction. They would get their stats, regardless because they were simply transcendent players.
    They played a very current games with emphasis on pick and rolls, and resetting if it falls apart, and Stockton was the only one handling the ball the whole time he was on the court. Of course hes going to rack up a tonne of assists.

I've just never regarded Stockton as highly as others do. His impact on the game for me, isn't nearly as great as people make it out to be. I'm not saying he doesn't have some remarkable games, and great moments, but I'd rather have a player like Nash, Payton, and sure, even Parker to an extent on my team.

EDIT: Averaging the record high in assists has everything to do with consistency by the way. You can't go out, have a 6 assists game, and then have a 20 or 22 assist game the next night, and expect that to be a staple of how to break the record. He was nearly always in double figures, and you knew what you were going to get out of him, which is a good thing.

While Duncan is the best player of these 4, but as a duo Stockton & Malone wins hands down, both at performance level and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    the duo with ringz.
    Duncan and Parker would never have won a ring against Jordan either. Let's not kid ourselves....

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

I Would Choose "Prime Stockton-To-Malone" Over Any Other Run and Gun Team Ever: Best Offensive Duo Ever. Now If Its a Game of Half Court Duncan > Malone, That Would Be The Difference.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 12-22-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Ogg
    All other teammates equal, who would you rather have? Tony Parker and Tim Duncan or John Stockton and Karl Malone?
    Hmmm... very interesting.

Duncan is the best player of the group. Malone and Stockton have a lot of experience and cohesion with each other. However, when you look at the playoff play, it seems like you just have to go with the team that has found the success together.

It's Duncan and Parker.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Parker + Duncan for me.

While Karl Malone was a beast, Duncan is better than him on both ends, especially on defense where he could anchor the best defense and he is one of top 10 rim protectors in league history, and I feel a peak Parker was better than a peak Stockton, though Stockton will have a better place in all time ranking due to his unmatched longetivity.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Parker + Duncan for me.

While Karl Malone was a beast, Duncan is better than him on both ends, especially on defense where he could anchor the best defense and he is one of top 10 rim protectors in league history, and I feel a peak Parker was better than a peak Stockton, though Stockton will have a better place in all time ranking due to his unmatched longetivity.
    Prime Malone Was a Better Far Range Shooter, Finisher, Passer and FT Shooter than Duncan.

I Agree Duncan is a Better Post Up Player, Rebounder and Post Defender But You Are Discrediting Malone For How Good He Was In His Skills, Especially in his Prime.