Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Default Re: Ricky Rubio 38 mins 0 point? WTF? a starting Point Guard...Really?

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    where was love in the clutch?

rubio averages 9/4.4/8 with 2.7 steals and one of the better defenders at his position... total scrub
    nikka please. The whole point of argument is that Love's bloated/unreal stats don't translate into wining.And your "line of defence" for Rubios abilities is mentioning cold stats.

You do see the irony here,right?

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    was it rubio's fault?
    Yeah. I don't know why Rubio is getting so much praise for 12 assists and good defense. H couldn't help his team win. Love freaking scored 45/19/6.

A starting NBA PG averaging 9.0 PPG on 46% TS is inexcusable. His passing (+rebounding) is not enough to "excuse him" and let's not pretend he's out there playing lockdown D.

Well...there has to be a point where your weaknesses outweigh your strengths.

Just like bitching about Love putting up monster stats but playing no D. Same thing can be said about guys like Harden, who I have called out on not playing any teamball or D for two years now.

Rubio has a lot of strengths. But, at what point does his lack of shooting ability start to hurt his team? I know his job is to run the offense, distribute the ball, and play good D...but it's like playing 4 on 5 on offense. Opposing PGs can sag off of him, help out on others a bit more, etc. If Rubio had even a decent jumper, defenses would have be more honest.

Even Fisher, who was seen as a sidenote during the Lakers championship runs, was scoring at a decent 11ppg, shooting 40% from the field (and near 40% from 3). And he was clutch as hell.

Rubio is not just an average or below average shooter. He might be the worst shooter in the NBA at the 1, 2 or 3 spot. It's not that he doesn't score...he misses most of the shots he takes and can't finish at the rim at all.

He's a 2008 Rondo. You can sag off him, but he's so good at passing, he can still hit the lanes he needs to hit, and play good defense.

It'd be nice if he could shoot just a little, but whatever. He's still a net positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    He's a 2008 Rondo. You can sag off him, but he's so good at passing, he can still hit the lanes he needs to hit, and play good defense.

It'd be nice if he could shoot just a little, but whatever. He's still a net positive.

A guy that the defense chooses to leave open and still misses the wide open shots..............is NOT a net positive. A guy that the defenders can sag off of is NOT a net positive.

Clearly you never in your life played a basketball game.

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

scrub. this guy didnt improve since 14

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    A guy that the defense chooses to leave open and still misses the wide open shots..............is NOT a net positive. A guy that the defenders can sag off of is NOT a net positive.
    This.

Goran Dragic >>>>> Ricky Rubio

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Goran Dragic >>>>> Ricky Rubio
    Lmao I came in to post the exact same thing in the exact same way Great minds think a like I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Lmao I came in to post the exact same thing in the exact same way Great minds think a like I guess.
    Repped