Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: We all could have ended up on a napkin

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    We could, however, all have been vacuumed out of our mother's uterus through a tiny tube so that she could have an easier and more comfortable life .

Thank God
    WHOA.

That's trippy when you think about it. We could have not existed. But if we didn't, we'd not know and thus not missed anything.

Thank God
    ...................caught ya!

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

This thread is dumb as hell: no, none of us could have 'ended up in a napkin.' On its own, a sperm is just a cell. If they aren't ejaculated they die anyway as others are produced. This is like saying thank God we didn't expire on a tampax.
    The guy who says this thread is "dumb as hell" and says "thank god" suddenly can't help but lose basic understanding of figurative speech. What the OP said is idiomatic in nature. Do you honestly believe the OP lost or never had knowledge of the fertilization process?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    WHOA.

That's trippy when you think about it. We could have not existed. But if we didn't, we'd not know and thus not missed anything.
    Fallacy: when you die you won't know you're dead, and you will have no knowledge or memory of your life. Ergo, i can kill you because you won't be missing anything.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman
    The guy who says this thread is "dumb as hell" and says "thank god" suddenly can't help but lose basic understanding of figurative speech. What the OP said is idiomatic in nature. Do you honestly believe the OP lost or never had knowledge of the fertilization process?
    *yawn*

The concept of this thread is a banality comprehended by every semi-intelligent human being over the age of about 6, and it is a banality phrased in a way that is nonsensical. I don't know or care about any knowledge the OP may possess, i just thought his thread was stupid.
    Last edited by Dresta; 12-24-2013 at 09:48 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

This is quite possibly one of the most thought provoking and deep threads on ISH. Thanks guys. I knew there was a good reason to hang around.

Fallacy: when you die you won't know you're dead, and you will have no knowledge or memory of your life. Ergo, i can kill you because you won't be missing anything.
    prove it

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    prove it

Nobody can prove something like this definitively, but all the evidence points towards it being the fact.

Nobody can prove something like this definitively, but all the evidence points towards it being the fact.
    what about all the people that were pronounced clinically dead and then come back to life saying they had visions? are they all bullshitting?

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    what about all the people that were pronounced clinically dead and then come back to life saying they had visions? are they all bullshitting?

I would say that a delirious recollection from some people on the brink of death is no evidence at all. All it shows is that human beings have powerful imaginations, which we already knew. The human brain is a remarkable organ, and one needs to only take LSD to see the powerful effects small changes in brain chemistry can produce.

Quote Originally Posted by iTare
    Little did you know that was going be the last victory you experienced. You know, since your a Knicks fan and all.