Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Grant Hill or Paul George

Grant Hill, 15 games in the playoffs total as a member of the Pistons, and couldn't get to the second round until age 37. lol...

But nah, clearly better than Penny who led his team to 60 wins with the absence of Shaq for pretty much half the season. Not to mention was a major factor in the only team that knocked out the Jordan Bull's in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Grant Hill, 15 games in the playoffs total as a member of the Pistons, and couldn't get to the second round until age 37. lol...

But nah, clearly better than Penny who led his team to 60 wins with the absence of Shaq for pretty much half the season. Not to mention was a major factor in the only team that knocked out the Jordan Bull's in the playoffs.
    This

Hill was not even a better playoffs performer than Prime T-Mac.

Cool speculations and what ifs. Call me when you want to talk about stuff that's actually happened.
    You argued Lebron would've won 3 MVPs back then. You've got to prove that.

Cool speculations and what ifs. Call me when you want to talk about stuff that's actually happened.

A majority of people rate Grant Hill as a better player than Penny Hardaway. You can bark all you like on a forum, it aint gonna change that

The problem with you is Plowking, your 'facts' are often opinion, most people don't agree with you on your opinion, but you want to go around tellin everybody they are wrong?

Like this thing about Penny v Hill, you have conveniently left out facts that don't support your argument, but then accuse me of coming up with generalisations? I mean, I don't know about you, but I'd rather generalise and be right, than speculate a whole heap of stuff, leave out the facts, believe that your opinion is all that matters, I mean WTF are you smoking?

That's some ignorant, know-it-all BS right there

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    You argued Lebron would've won 3 MVPs back then. You've got to prove that.
    How can I? You've just told me in your fantasy world that he wouldn't win as much and he has no hope. I guess I just can't. You've just got all the bases covered you clever kid.

Quality of opponents, lack of quality team he was leading.

You want to point that out, but did Hill have Shaq? Hill with Shaq would be devasting in the playoffs, moreso than Penny was with Shaq.

You fck me off with your leaving out of facts. That Bulls team that year was a shadow of their normal self. Jordan came back in March with only a few months to get his feet under him after a long layoff. Don't pretend like that doesn't matter in your biased BS argument.

I remember an Anderson quote saying that MJ just wasn't MJ in that series...I can look it up if you don't believe me.
    Last edited by poido123; 12-24-2013 at 10:33 AM.

How can I? You've just told me in your fantasy world that he wouldn't win as much and he has no hope. I guess I just can't. You've just got all the bases covered you clever kid.

Plowking you got to admit when your wrong dude. You keep arguing, when the majority of people rate Hill higher, yet your having a go at me for being out of touch

Malone and Barkley won an MVP over Jordan in 1993 and 1997. And Lebron in 2008-09-2009-10 > Barkley and Malone.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 12-24-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Plowking you got to admit when your wrong dude. You keep arguing, when the majority of people rate Hill higher, yet your having a go at me for being out of touch
    I'm not arguing with you, I'm teaching you.

You still haven't even refuted any of my points, where as I'm cleaning you up. All you keep saying is 'Shaq this, Shaq that, space this, space that'.
    You still haven't explained to me how Penny got better in the absence of Shaq, and how he was able to lead his team to a great record despite the best player being injured. He couldn't possibly do that without Shaq. The very life force he feeds off of.

I'll wait. And most likely continue to wait, since you never really watched either play, did you?

You still haven't even refuted any of my points, where as I'm cleaning you up. All you keep saying is 'Shaq this, Shaq that, space this, space that'.
    You still haven't explained to me how Penny got better in the absence of Shaq, and how he was able to lead his team to a great record despite the best player being injured. He couldn't possibly do that without Shaq. The very life force he feeds off of.

I'll wait. And most likely continue to wait, since you never really watched either play, did you?
    But he read about them on realgm tho'. That's like Chewbacca defense.

I'll play your game this time.

I'll give credit, Penny played great basketball for the first few weeks of that season, won NBA player of the month during that stretch of play.

But is that a whole body of work to go by and say without question that Penny would always perform better if Shaq was out?

Does 20 odd games really give an accurate indicator that Penny played better whenever Shaq was injured? That's absurd.

What's to say that Shaq was out the whole year and the rest of the season after those games Penny started to struggle? Too many what ifs, and I though whatifs are what bothered you

But I want an answer to the All NBA 1st team thing you point out, but fail to mention the next year where Penny was left off the first team and Hill was right there
    Last edited by poido123; 12-24-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    But he read about them on realgm tho'. That's like Chewbacca defense.
    You belong in the junkpile of ISH posters.

I don't bother with what a braindead, Lebron obsessed stan would think.

IIRC Penny didn't make it out of the first round without Shaq seither. Not a knock on him though I think they've been both about equal with different strengthes but equal hype.

Penny Hardaway was another player in the similar mold as these two, and he was better than both.
    bull.