Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Lakers fans were we Rockets fans right about Dwight

I think most Lakers fans problems with Dwight were he'd use the surgery as an excuse after a bad game tell everyone who'd listen he's only 70% then complain about touches in the next sentence never realizing how dumb it sounded.. You can't tell me you missed a bucket of rebounds and missed shots all night because you're not up to par then tell me you still want to touch the ball more

Hopefully he's matured from his experience in LA and Orlando, hopefully he's learned a bit about taking responsibility for his actions on and off the floor

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Dwight got the most touches of any big man in the league last season, and averaged 1 more touch a game then his best season in Orlando.

Get the phuck out with Kobe holding him back. Nash and Kobe kept trying to feed D12 easy looks for the entire first half of the season and all he did was screw it up.

So Dwight as a Laker averages more touches then he ever did as a Magic, and he still needs more touches?

Check out this bitchmade traitor.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA

Have fun losing in the first and second round every year for the next five years XD Oh wait you're a Rockets fan, you're used to that already
    You can't just list the amount of touches and ignore the quality and type of touches he got.

It's a difference of being fed the ball as a 1st option, and being fed the ball by Kobe. Dwight can have 100 touches a game, but if they are garbage Kobe feeds, where Dwight is treated as a glorified Tyson chandler, then it matters not.

The offense didn't go inside out. Kobe prevented Dwight from playing to his strengths, and forced Dwight to play to Kobe's style. It didn't work and he wasn't happy.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Of course Laker fans were wrong. They kept saying Dwight is a diva, cancer, a distraction, selfish, clown, etc etc. It's all bullshit. Dwight is the best center in the league and LA did not treat him with respect. They wanted him to take on the "Tyson Chandler" role. A good defensive big man who picks up garbage around the basket.

Now people are seeing what a clusterf*ck of a team that was last year. Dwight was the scapegoat for the team's shitty play. Have fun trying to sign someone else with Kobe's contract in the books. Not one relevant player will sign with the Lakers knowing Kobe has that franchise by the balls. It's money/Kobe first, winning 2nd.

Give Dwight the ball and he'll produce. He's not "back", he never left. Dwight's always been Dwight. I laugh every time I see someone saying Dwight isn't the best center in the NBA. He is, and by a wide margin. He's had monster games against Bogut and Hibbert. Made them look like children. Dwight is the best center in the league by far and you chose a past his prime Kobe over him. I respect that, loyalty. But then get so butt-hurt at Dwight because he chose not to be 2nd fiddle to an aging and inferior "star". You chose Kobe over him. Let the guy be.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    You can't just list the amount of touches and ignore the quality and type of touches he got.

It's a difference of being fed the ball as a 1st option, and being fed the ball by Kobe. Dwight can have 100 touches a game, but if they are garbage Kobe feeds, where Dwight is treated as a glorified Tyson chandler, then it matters not.

The offense didn't go inside out. Kobe prevented Dwight from playing to his strengths, and forced Dwight to play to Kobe's style. It didn't work and he wasn't happy.
    Kobe is actually one of the better players in the league at finding and feeding the post, Shaq and Gasol both had their best seasons playing with him.

Dwight failed to mesh with the Lakers due to a combination of 1/ injury 2/ unwillingness to adapt 3/ low basketball IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Of course Laker fans were wrong. They kept saying Dwight is a diva, cancer, a distraction, selfish, clown, etc etc. It's all bullshit. Dwight is the best center in the league and LA did not treat him with respect. They wanted him to take on the "Tyson Chandler" role. A good defensive big man who picks up garbage around the basket.

Now people are seeing what a clusterf*ck of a team that was last year. Dwight was the scapegoat for the team's shitty play. Have fun trying to sign someone else with Kobe's contract in the books. Not one relevant player will sign with the Lakers knowing Kobe has that franchise by the balls. It's money/Kobe first, winning 2nd.

Give Dwight the ball and he'll produce. He's not "back", he never left. Dwight's always been Dwight. I laugh every time I see someone saying Dwight isn't the best center in the NBA. He is, and by a wide margin. He's had monster games against Bogut and Hibbert. Made them look like children. Dwight is the best center in the league by far and you chose a past his prime Kobe over him. I respect that, loyalty. But then get so butt-hurt at Dwight because he chose not to be 2nd fiddle to an aging and inferior "star". You chose Kobe over him. Let the guy be.
    Why you so mad?

They gave Dwight the ball in the playoffs, how did that turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by clutchinho
    Kobe is actually one of the better players in the league at finding and feeding the post, Shaq and Gasol both had their best seasons playing with him.
    No, that wasn't due to "playing with Kobe"... That was due to the Triangle and Phil Jackson as head coach.

If it was because of Kobe, he would have done his thing independently, regardless of Mike Brown or Mike D'Antoni.

No, that wasn't due to "playing with Kobe"... That was due to the Triangle and Phil Jackson as head coach.

If it was because of Kobe, he would have done his thing independently, regardless of Mike Brown or Mike D'Antoni.
    You mean when Bynum had his breakout season and challenged Dwight as the top C in the league with Mike Brown in charge. Part of that is due to having more opportunity from the decline of Pau, but fact is Kobe did not hamper his development in any way

Bynum, Pau, Shaq, Odom, Dwight, Kwame Brown. All but one flourished playing with Kobe

Find the odd one out

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed

Repped. Great post.

I want to add - if Jerry Buss was still alive, he would have sent Kobe packing and sided with Dwight. Jerry loved Shaq, but Jerry used his brain in 2004. Kobe was the young star, and Shaq was old and on decline. So he sided with Kobe.

If Jerry was alive, he would have sent Kobe packing and sided with the young star, Dwight, who would have been the future of the Lakers. Then build around him.

Jerry would never have allowed his team to sacrifice championships and give away the best C in the game, for a 36 year old injured Kobe.

You mean when Bynum had his breakout season and challenged Dwight as the top C in the league with Mike Brown in charge.
    You mean the only season in which Bynum was actually healthy, and played the most MPG of his career with 35 mpg?

You're crediting Bynum's improved health to Kobe?
    Last edited by 3LiftHeatCurse; 12-23-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Dwight was supposed to be their future... they paid him franchise player money... expected franchise player performance.. in a system that was absolutely a bad fit for him..

They should have adjusted their system to his style....or at least met halfway.

You mean the only season in which Bynum was actually healthy, and played the most MPG of his career with 35 mpg, and had career high amount of FGA?
    How could he have a career high amount of FGA if Kobe is this ball hogging chucker that doesn't feed the big men. Did Bynum bring the ball up himself or something??? If Bynum can score 18ppg+ with Kobe, why can't the top C in the league?? You saying Bynum would have averaged 25 and 14 on that Orlando team???

You're contradicting yourself.

How could he have a career high amount of FGA if Kobe is this ball hogging chucker that doesn't feed the big men.
    Because you called that season his "breakout season". There is a reason for it. His improved health that allowed him to stay on the court.

Because you called that season his "breakout season". There is a reason for it. His improved health that allowed him to stay on the court.
    I said that in response to you saying Phil Jackson and the Triangle was the cause of Pau and Shaq's success with the Lakers, not Kobe, who by your logic is responsible for Dwight's failure.

I'm saying Bynum had his best season with no Phil Jackson while playing with Kobe at the same time. By your logic, wouldn't Bynum's performance fallen off a cliff in those circumstances

Did they? clown

I'm saying Bynum had his best season with no Phil Jackson while playing with by your logic, wouldn't Bynum's performance fallen off a cliff in those circumstances
    No. Because Bynum had big health problems under Phil Jackson. So once he is healthy, it doesn't matter who was coach, he was going to improve by simply being healthy and able to play and practice more.

You can't use Bynum as an example, because Bynum wasn't fully healthy under Phil like he was in his so called "breakout season".

You can use Shaq, and Gasol. And that was under Phil Jackson and the Triangle.

Hasn't every single starting Center or PF that has played with Kobe complained about his shot quality and attempts. I don't think Kobe hampered Dwight last season as much as it was Dwight's back and just the team. I will agree with Bynum though when he said playing with Kobe hampered his career. If he had been healthy this season he would've been balling out of this world. Second best center in the NBA for sure.