Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade vs Penny

Default Re: Wade vs Penny

Projecting Penny's career if he would have stayed healthy, he and Wade MINIMUM are on the same level. Penny was totally reshaping the PG spot. A freak athlete 6'7 PG who also had the alpha dog gene. But the question remains does Penny stay at PG or does he move to SG or maybe even SF. He would have been great at any of those spots. I view Wade as a great scorer who he also a great passer (like MJ or Kobe). And Penny a great passer who is also a great scorer (like Bron, Magic, or Big O).

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Wade was injured half of last year and he averaged that.

SMH! The retards on ISH!

This

I also liked Penny Hardaway when i was a Kid, but D-wade had the better NBA Career, and the better NBA player.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

That's only 'cause you're a [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]aggot though.

Seriously, if any person actually thinks that Penny is even remotely comparable to Wade, then that person needs to be permabanned from watching/commenting on basketball.

This is idiotic

Banned

That's only 'cause you're a [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]aggot though.

Seriously, if any person actually thinks that Penny is even remotely comparable to Wade, then that person needs to be permabanned from watching/commenting on basketball.
    Penny Hardaway if matched up against Wade today would torch him, the size difference is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    [/B]

This is idiotic
    An injured and past his prime Wade averages more than Penny. You seriously have to be clinically retarded to think that prime Wade and Prime Penny are even comparable.

BTW, if you actually believe that there's a comparison to be made, remember that Wade's prime was arguably better than Kobe's.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Penny Hardaway if matched up against Wade today would torch him, the size difference is too much.
    Just like the same way he "scorched" the players back then to the tune of 22/7/4? You do know that Wade in his prime averaged 27/5/6/2 right?
    Last edited by aj1987; 12-23-2013 at 04:09 PM.

College superstar

Penny wouldn't have lost to ATL in 2009 (or get locked down by them). Neither would have Lebron (actually destroyed them in the following round). ATL was nothing special defensively (drtg LOWER than '06 PHX) and they held Wade to 43.9% shooting (including games of 8/21, 9/26 and 10/25 in gm 7).

Give me Penny Hardaway.

Wade because of the longevity, and championships. Injuries robbed us of a unique, all time great talent. In this post modern 2005, no touch perimeter rules ... Given his skills, explosiveness, and superior length ... Butch McRae could've been better than Wade. We saw more than enough of him from '94 to '98 to come to that conclusion before the knee injury.

Banned

An injured and past his prime Wade averages more than Penny. You seriously have to be clinically retarded to think that prime Wade and Prime Penny are even comparable.

BTW, if you actually believe that there's a comparison to be made, remember that Wade's prime was arguably better than Kobe's.

Just like the same way he "scorched" the players back then to the tune of 22/7/4? You do know that Wade in his prime averaged 27/5/6/2 right?
    Wade had the better stats and performances yes, but im saying if you match them up, 1 on 1, Penny would beat him. Fair?

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    This era has much more complex defenses than back then. Man to man all day long in Penny's day.
    No, there isn't. And it wasn't man to man all day.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    Probably Penny. Penny wouldn't have lost to ATL in 2009 (or get locked down by them). Neither would have Lebron (actually destroyed them in the following round). ATL was nothing special defensively (drtg LOWER than '06 PHX) and they held Wade to 43.9% shooting (including games of 8/21, 9/26 and 10/25 in gm 7).
    Yeah, that does happen when your starting PG is a rookie Chalmers, starting SF is James Jones and when a 6'4" SG (Wade) is #3 in rebounds.
    #1 points - Wade
    #1 Assists - Wade
    #1 Blocks - Wade

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    Penny wouldn't have lost to ATL in 2009 (or get locked down by them). Neither would have Lebron (actually destroyed them in the following round). ATL was nothing special defensively (drtg LOWER than '06 PHX) and they held Wade to 43.9% shooting (including games of 8/21, 9/26 and 10/25 in gm 7).

Give me Penny Hardaway.
    Based on what? 22/7/4 being his greatest season ever? A terrible season by Wade's standard?

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Both players would get theirs. Wade has no problem back down slimmer 6'6"-6'7" guards. Penny would have no problem shooting over Wade, but I trust Wade's chances more.

Both players remind me of each other but Wade is stronger and more explosive; he had a better knack at scoring because of it. 1 on 1, it'd be a very close match but as a team game, I pick Wade. These two are in my top 5 favorite players of all time so it doesn't matter much who I get if I had to pick between the 2.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Mitch Ritchmond in 97 put up better averages than Wade has since 2010
    Does that mean 97 Mitch Ritchmond is better than 2010-2014 Wade?
    Meaning Mitch Ritchmond in 97 was better than Wades been for 40% of his career?

This conversation will improve when somebody over 15 responds with something other than box scores.

Not saying its Penny> Wade but it's definitely debatable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Both players would get theirs. Wade has no problem back down slimmer 6'6"-6'7" guards. Penny would have no problem shooting over Wade, but I trust Wade's chances more.

Both players remind me of each other but Wade is stronger and more explosive; he had a better knack at scoring because of it. 1 on 1, it'd be a very close match but as a team game, I pick Wade. These two are in my top 5 favorite players of all time so it doesn't matter much who I get if I had to pick between the 2.
    Good post I'm glad that you are at least open to the idea, people say it's clear cut but it really isn't there is different things that both players bring to the table, Penny was a better ball handler imo and just to say I would rather have Penny doesn't mean I think Wade is worse.

Mitch Ritchmond in 97 put up better averages than Wade has since 2010
    Does that mean 97 Mitch Ritchmond is better than 2010-2014 Wade?
    Meaning Mitch Ritchmond in 97 was better than Wades been for 40% of his career?
    You do know that assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, etc. are all part of the averages, right? I'm not even gonna bring up the defensive end.

This conversation will improve when somebody over 15 responds with something other than box scores.
    Or better yet, it'll improve when a known Heat hater and a Kobetard/Laker[COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]ag stops posting about stuff that they don't know.

Not saying its Penny> Wade but it's definitely debatable.
    If you think Penny > Wade is debatable, Penny >>>>>>> Kobe is definitely debatable as well.