Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: The Rockets asked the Nets to do a Asik and Lin for Deron trade.

it would be a better deal if it was asik beverly jones and picks for dwill+ fries.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Deron Williams is a terrible GM.
    He put pressure on Billy King to get him veteran talent.
    If the Nets hadn't traded away that pick, they could have drafted Andre Drummond.

Oops.
    You mean you would rather have a promising young big man at 4y/10mil than signing for Wallace for 10mil a season and having to trade future draft picks to unload the contract then in return taking back aging vets?

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Hmmm...

Brook Lopez and Jeremy Lin

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    what about harden for deron and fillers and picks
    Why would Morey even contemplate such a onesided and dowright stupid trade?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Deron Williams is a terrible GM.
    He put pressure on Billy King to get him veteran talent.
    If the Nets hadn't traded away that pick, they could have drafted Andre Drummond.

Oops.
    Deron Williams didn't force the Nets to go out and make stupid trades. Get me veteran talent doesn't mean get me past their prime, overpaid talent and give up the farm for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    If Dwill were to get injured today, I wonder how many people would say Billy King is an idiot for not doing this trade and then go on and on about Dwill's injury prone career. I wouldn't do that trade if I'm the Nets though.

Now say Kobe wins MVP. Make it so

if they do any trade for deron, i would think kg and terry would be there for the tag along, but i dont think the nets are on that road yet...they would be better served to trade pierce and kg to some borderline contender for picks and/or young assets
    but that proposed deal is terrible
    there are other teams that would offer far more for deron