Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Jordan vs. LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Yeah which meant they could camp out in the lane as long as they wanted as long as they were within a certain distance of the man they were guarding. and there weren't a lot of stretch 4's and 5's back then. The rule was created to get the bigs out of the lane, making it easier on the guys driving into the lane.
    You can still do that. It's just now you can stay 3 seconds regardless of where your man is which you couldn't before.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Why did the league make rules favoring perimeter players like LeBron? Why did they get rid of hand-checking? Why did they come up with defensive 3-seconds? They did it to open up the floor for perimeter players and create a higher scoring league. And it worked, you can't even breathe on someone these days without getting whistled for it. By the way, F*ck LeBron and Jordan, I'm a fan of neither.
    I hope you're not implying 80s were somehow tougher defensively than the 00s. There's a lot of room for arguments/opinions...but this is just not true...at all.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    You can still do that. It's just now you can stay 3 seconds regardless of where your man is which you couldn't before.

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the refresher. It's to keep true zone defenses from being played.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    I hope you're not implying 80s were somehow tougher defensively than the 00s. There's a lot of room for arguments/opinions...but this is just not true...at all.

I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is that rules have been made in favor of perimeter players to increase scoring.

Lebron.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Give me LaMichael James.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Whats under my username ?

Alternick Loser... OP is a perfect example

Quote Originally Posted by #number6ix#
    Damn the alts are everywhere
    I've seen a few pop up lately...

This is nothing unusual, some of them wait a year to be registered. They build up all this fustration and hate, then once they are released into the wild(main board ISH)they go nuts.

Thanks for not contributing to the stupidity of this thread.

I'm not gonna even bother with this, it won't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Lebron.
    There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    I don't see Jordan joining Hakeem and Charles to form a super team.
    Neither can i considering he already had a super team, maybe the best team ever.... even if he had a scrub team/cast forever and had to eventually weigh his options as a free-agent then an older injury prone Clyde Drexler and Brad Daugherty would be a more equivalent to the current Wade & Bosh... but Hakeem & Barkley, besides Lebron not sure if there is two guys in the league that good, maybe one is, arguably, Kevin Durant... then we need one more...
    Last edited by pauk; 12-23-2013 at 07:04 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

It's time to admit it. LeBron is simply a better [all-around] basketball player.

I mean, just look what happened to the Cavs after James left vs. the Bulls after Jordan retired (1st retirement). Or what about Jordan having 6 titles with Pippen.....and 0 series won and 0 winning records without Pippen.....in 5 years? No small sample size either. FIVE fukking seasons, guy couldn't win a round.

Not only that, but LeBron gets shit for this "stacked team" nonsense, well, look how stacked the Bulls were (or how weak the competition was). The '94 Knicks lost to the Rockets in 7 games. They were up 3-2 and if Starks hit the 3 at the end, they would've been champs..and yet...the '94 Bulls, without Mike, took the Knicks to a 7th game. The Knicks won game 5 on a bad call in the final seconds. The Bulls top 2 scorers were Pippen and BJ ARMSTRONG WEAK

People forget, but Jordan shot 41% in the modern era. Defenses are just better....
    Watch footage of the 80s and 90s. Watch footage of the modern era...watch playoff games. The competition is tougher now. There is no question about the fact that the NBA is tougher now. That's a documented historical fact backed up by the footage. You see, the games are on tape...as for the footage? Youtube exists. Learn to use it

:yawn:

I've heard ALL these arguments before. Kobe ******s were using them back in the day.

Watch footage of the 80s and 90s. Watch footage of the modern era...watch playoff games. The competition is tougher now. There is no question about the fact that the NBA is tougher now. That's a documented historical fact backed up by the footage. You see, the games are on tape...as for the footage? Youtube exists. Learn to use it
    Educate yourself. Get some glasses too.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I've heard ALL these arguments before. Kobe ******s were using them back in the day.

Educate yourself. Get some glasses too.

Don't waste your energy or time with OP.

There is literally no reason to get ruffled by I'm assuming a fairly young poster with no substance in his argument.

Jordan was more skilled, in his prime a comparable freak / durable athlete, superior influential cool factor.

Hell, he's inspired the 3x best perimeter players of the current generation since he left. One of them dedicating himself to actually mimicking his every move, and mannerism.

I don't see him crumbling under the intense pressure, or defenses in playoff basketball in the brightest spotlights ... quitting on his team either the way we've seen LeBron do for entire series: 2010 v.s. Boston, 2011 v.s. Dallas.

Nor do I see gimmicky defenses disrespecting Jordan, begging him to make simple basketball plays by beating them with a jumper the way defenses took LeBron out of his game or got in his head: 2007 v.s. SA, 2011 v.s. Dallas, 2013 v.s. SA.

LeBron may end up top three all-time, his talent undeniable but he's still inferior to Jordan. It goes well beyond the physical when comparing the upper echelon of players. Context, narrative, intangibles matter.

Oh, and then rather casually after his first retirement in his prime he came back past his prime ages 33 - 35, and dominated off skill, will, and intelligence alone leading the Bulls to a 2nd three-peat.

His athleticism quickly fading each year, relying on his skill, and insane will power to take his team to the promise land. Even in seasons when his 2nd best player banged up due to injury under performed in the playoffs, or even missed large chunks of the season.

LeBron is questionable in money on the table situation. Jordan was never that. He always outperformed the massive hype. Never crumbled underneath it. Never disappointed. And he certainly wasn't a disloyal, stacking the decks, competitive coward. He lived for competition, even if it meant his own embarrassment at the hands of players half his age as we saw when Floor Jordan took the court for the Wizards.

Major talent, major intelligence, even more important ... MAJOR heart. GOAT gonna GOAT.

Love Live Life

This isn't debatable. MJ all day everyday.