Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Jordan vs. LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    . Oh and don't bring up that Jordan went to college, it's not LeBron's fault Jordan wasn't NBA ready out of high-school.
    In that case, the objective way to measure their careers is by seasons played and not by age. This is Lebron's 11th season, and so far he has 4 mvps, two rings and two fmvps. Jordan after 11 seasons( his 11th being 95-96) had 4 mvps, 4 rings and 4 finals fmvps. The question is will Lebron age as well as Jordan did.

And simply doing a ring count and mvp count ignores context: Jordan won his titles and mvps with several all time greats in their prime. Lebron plays in an era with Kevin Durant as the next best player, and otherwise very few others on the level of some of the guys Jordan played against, including several greats who are now well beyond their primes like Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Dirk etc.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

LeBron is the 2nd GOAT. Definitely better than Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    In that case, the objective way to measure their careers is by seasons played and not by age. This is Lebron's 11th season, and so far he has 4 mvps, two rings and two fmvps. Jordan after 11 seasons( his 11th being 95-96) had 4 mvps, 4 rings and 4 finals fmvps. The question is will Lebron age as well as Jordan did.
    This is also a pretty bad comparison as LeBron never had the benefit of college to develop his game and mature before coming to the NBA. He was literally thrown into the top league at the age of 18 with a whole franchise on his shoulders immediately from high school.

The age/season comparison is flawed either way. The only 'objective' way would be to see how their body of work pans out at the end of their careers. Michael probably ends up winning, but we'll see.

For me, personally, I look at how they both played and impacted the game, going by the eye test. No question for me, Jordan was the superior player. I don't need stats or accomplishments to tell me that, although they will of course go for MJ.

LeBron is well on his way to top 3 GOAT if he keeps on this track. Nothing to be ashamed of, his career will have been a massive success if that's how it ends up. I consider it a privilege to be able to watch this man play.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    This is also a pretty bad comparison as LeBron never had the benefit of college to develop his game and mature before coming to the NBA. He was literally thrown into the top league at the age of 18 with a whole franchise on his shoulders immediately from high school.

The age/season comparison is flawed either way. The only 'objective' way would be to see how their body of work pans out at the end of their careers. Michael probably ends up winning, but we'll see.

For me, personally, I look at how they both played and impacted the game, going by the eye test. No question for me, Jordan was the superior player. I don't need stats or accomplishments to tell me that, although they will of course go for MJ.

LeBron is well on his way to top 3 GOAT if he keeps on this track. Nothing to be ashamed of, his career will have been a massive success if that's how it ends up. I consider it a privilege to be able to watch this man play.
    So in other words, it doesn't even make sense having this discussion for another 7-8 years. I agree that the 'number of years' argument isn't purely objective either, but it is moreso than the age argument, as Lebron at 28 had 3 extra years under his belt. While he never had the benefit of college, he came into the NBA ready-made and light years ahead of any other high school star.

wow lebron is so overrated now.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    Not sure if serious bringing up Kobe. Kobe didn't win Finals MVP at age 22, so he's out of the discussion. LeBron won his first Finals MVP/Ring at age 27 so he's certainly on pace to surpass Jordan.

And LeBron never lost in the first round, or got swept in the first round for that matter, what's your point? Losing in the Finals > Losing in the First round.
    just because he won the ring at an earlier age and wins FMVP he is already better...

and yes alot of players won the playoffs but never win it all..

admit it jordan is unfortunately the only player as a first option that didnt lose in the finals until someone gets 7 out 7 then we can talk.. and whose alternate account are you i have a feeling you are someone that has alot of positive reps.. and since you are arguing about age dwade won his first ring at age 26... and he was fmvp as well.. does that make him better than lebron and jordan as well?? for one dwade has more rings than lebron.. do you see your point son?

Are we talking about career accomplishments or are we talking if they played against each other? Jordan is gonna be the better scorer. I think LeBron would be better at just about everything else. It's really up to what you value more than anything.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes

Colleges don't always develop players' games. The running joke about Jordan at UNC was that Dean Smith was the only coach to keep him under 20.