Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: How would this team do in Euroleague?

For starters a 5 player team wouldnt go very far i'm afraid.What would they do if one of them got injured?Forfeit the game?Otoh it goes without saying that Anthony Davis would be by far the best player of the competition

burke 30/3/3
    stephenson 20/10/10
    ante 10/5/5/5/5
    davis 30/15/5/10
    drummond 25/20/3/5

win all games, get 5 statues

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    burke 30/3/3
    stephenson 20/10/10
    ante 10/5/5/5/5
    davis 30/15/5/10
    drummond 25/20/3/5

win all games, get 5 statues
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Burke would be invisible, there are tons of undersized US guards like him here. The big men would do fine, but no chance in hell anyone of them averages more than 15 in the Euroleague.
    The difference in rules would cripple their game automatically.
    Probably wouldn't win a single game, but it depends on their supporting cast.
    You're confusing talent with effectiveness.
    The only one of this bunch that would have no problem adjusting in my view is Davis, followed by Burke.
    But that doesn't mean dominance, no chance in hell for that.
    This from someone that has been watching the Euroleague and the NBA for the last 30+ years and who prefers the NBA over European ball.

They need a good consistent spot up shooter against zone defense, which they will see a lot with their current line up.

It makes me wonder, what kind of player would Glen Rice and Ray Allen be in euroleague ...

I usually hit open layups

Success of such team would entirely depend on the coach. With good coach it would take 1-2 years to gell together and adjust to get to the top, but once there, they would potentially rule Euroleague for next 4-5 years. With average coach, this would be just another EL team - Top 16 for 3-4 years, one final four...

Quote Originally Posted by kkb_12
    Success of such team would entirely depend on the coach. With good coach it would take 1-2 years to gell together and adjust to get to the top, but once there, they would potentially rule Euroleague for next 4-5 years. With average coach, this would be just another EL team - Top 16 for 3-4 years, one final four...
    You are overestimating them.

You need a ten-player rotation

The current most efficient player in the Euroleague, Houston-drafted Nikola Mirotic, is playing an average of 24 minutes per game, averaging 15 points.

The top scorer is Bojan Bogdanovic with 18 points in 31 minutes.

Spanoulis, a classical example of a "his-game-is-more-suited-for-European-ball" player is averaging 16 points in 27 minutes.

The top point guard in the competition, CSKA's Milos Teodosic, who torched the Wolves with 29 points last summer, is averaging 7 points and 5 assists in 24 minutes.

You're talking about a 6-5 guy who's way better than Rubio in offense and as equally good a passer (and flashy). He can score 30 or 5, depending on his team's needs. That goes more or less for all major teams.

Numbers don't mean much in Euroleague ball. Rotations are deep, it's difficult to distinguish oneself statistically, team ball is king. The pace is slower. Everything is different. Crowded paints, tougher defenses, more physical play, no hand checking, zone defense, more double teams, athleticism plays a less important role.

A guy like Durant or Kevin Love would be equally effective here, because they can shoot. Guys like Derrick Rose, Westbrook or Wade would be great, but less effective, no way they could drive and finish like in the NBA. It's the rules. Dwight would be far less effective, Griffin or Drummond too. Dirk would be a beast (shooting). Harden would be more effective than Wade (less breaks, less transition, more shooting) though he's not the better player.

Oh, and people are mentionning Nenad Krstic as the top center in the Euroleague.

He's actually averaging 6 points and 3 rebounds in 13 minutes per game, after having a great European championship last summer.

Saw a basketball once

How is there even a discussion, this team would dismantle Euroleague.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Mclemore could probably play center on most Euroleague teams. That just isn't fair.
    oh c'mon on now

Banned

group exit. struggle to score. not enough rebounding and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    and thats why Anthony Parker was the MVP

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    and thats why Anthony Parker was the MVP

Parker was arguably not even top 3 on his own team. He won MVP because his team was amazing and he played a likeable fan friendly style of play. Teams in in Europe. a team of chuckign me first ISO heavy NBA players with no defense would struggle to make top 16.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3

Parker was arguably not even top 3 on his own team. He won MVP because his team was amazing and he played a likeable fan friendly style of play. Teams in in Europe. a team of chuckign me first ISO heavy NBA players with no defense would struggle to make top 16.
    Then why did they build a statue of him?

I don't see the Bulls building Luc Longley a statue

I rule the local playground

That's bullshit and you know it.