Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Rondo to pacers rumours swerling again

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    He's a PG, he's supposed to have the ball in his hands for most of the time

It's not like George is good at being ball dominant either
    If anything, Rondo being ball dominant and George being less ball dominant would do wonders for that team. I like Paul George, but to me he looks over his head being a ball dominant player. I see similarities with Rose to George in that aspect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    The article just says the generic things like pass first PG blah blah blah. It fails to mention that that pick will be in the 28-30 range, that Hill and Granger shouldn't be part of any ones rebuilding plan and that they could probably get a lot more for him. Also why on earth would the Pacers want to mess with what is a great team in the middle of the season if this was NBA 2k14, sure I'd do it, but this is real life where there is chemistry and players have to learn plays and about eachother. Rondo isn't just some player you can add in, this is a guy that is absolutely useless unless he has the ball in his hands. There is no reason for the Pacers or the Celtics to do this now.
    And you are also forgetting what he brings on the defensive end, the Pacers are known as a good defensive team, you add Rondo to that defense? Please

College star

Too good to be true. Pacers would have to get a third team involved to send the Celtics some more plausible pieces than Hill and George.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    And you are also forgetting what he brings on the defensive end, the Pacers are known as a good defensive team, you add Rondo to that defense? Please
    He meant on offense, which is also stupid considering the main reason they need a PG is because they don't have a player that can exceed as a ball handler, well other than George.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Don't think it's a good fit for the Pacers.

I think all the Pacers need at the PG position is a player who knock down his shots, play good defense and not turn the ball over. A primary ball handler would ruin the flow and chemistry of that offense and I don't think he can mesh with Paul George. Rondo is not an off-ball player and has a horrible shot.

They should be looking to get Goran Dragic instead. Most underrated player in the league and just as good as Rondo(maybe even better)

Banned

He meant on offense, which is also stupid considering the main reason they need a PG is because they don't have a player that can exceed as a ball handler, well other than George.
    Why discredit the best pure point guard in the league??? If Rondo goes to the Pacers they are clear title favourites

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer

I think all the Pacers need at the PG position is a player who knock down his shots, play good defense and not turn the ball over. A primary ball handler would ruin the flow and chemistry of that offense and I don't think he can mesh with Paul George. Rondo is not an off-ball player and has a horrible shot.

They should be looking to get Goran Dragic instead. Most underrated player in the league and just as good as Rondo(maybe even better)
    Dragic is not a better rebounder/defender than Rondo, but offensively he might be a better fit

Yeah. That team would get crazy good on defense adding Rondo.

Rondo is also a big game player, tenacious and will to win would certainly help a Pacers team that lose direction at times during a game.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Yea that's great in NBA 2K14. This is the real life, you can't just magically insert a player into a team that will dramatically change everything. Why would you fix it if it isn't broke? This would be a great trade say in the offseason, but mid season when they're doing so well, do you really want to add in a new player and mess with that?

Also it's a terrible trade for the Celtics and I know no celtics fans are ok with a expiring contract and a pick that might as well be in the second round for their beloved star.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer

PG is the position where the Pacers are the weakest. He would be the perfect player for this team, Paul George would play much better if he has someone like Rondo calling the plays. The bigs would get better looks, Rondo is one of the best defensive PGs in the league, what more do you want?

Dragic is not on Rondo's level. Just stop.

Why discredit the best pure point guard in the league??? If Rondo goes to the Pacers they are clear title favourites
    Welcome to ISH, where Rondo was a role player to the big 3, stat padder, and an overrated PG

He's a PG, he's supposed to have the ball in his hands for most of the time

It's not like George is good at being ball dominant either
    Kyrie, Curry, Williams, Paul, Westbrook etc.are all useful off the ball with their shooting.

Paul George isn't good at being the ball handler? Their record would say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Also it's a terrible trade for the Celtics and I know no celtics fans are ok with a expiring contract and a pick that might as well be in the second round for their beloved star.
    Yeah, bring a 3rd team with high picks and I'm all on board

Welcome to ISH, where Rondo was a role player to the big 3, stat padder, and an overrated PG
    Well he was a role player to the big 3. Stat padding thing is absolute BS though.