Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: What I want: Kyrie Irving trade for Michael Carter-Williams and Philly '14 #1 pick

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    This guy is clueless. A boxscore watcher. Lol @ your Jack love.
    I watched like 4 full games this year. I dedicated myself to watch at least 1/3 of Kyrie games. Not a large sample size for me yet but they seem like a random team put together randomly. No one really compliments Kyrie's game because they have no big that can finish and no shooters he can trust. No one really has a feel to move off ball. Mike Brown limited offensive repertoire isn't helping either. I recognize that Irving does low IQ stuff like iso'ing early in the shot clock or just taking bad shots overall while teammates get frustrated over and over again but come on, he needs a better team...preferably a big that stretches the floor like Bennett was supposed to become but most likely will never be.

I'm not excusing Kyrie but I do not think he's the first to blame. I know he got too famous too early and that has put up expectations for him to meet. And the whole Lebron deal even puts more pressure on him. If the Cavs lose Kyrie, it would be a big mistake and one they will regret. I think the best move for them to do is to move Waiters because of the friction he brings to the team (especially to Kyrie). I've seen Kyrie just avoid demanding the ball to reset the offense when Waiters have it. You look at their best 3-man combination for the Cavs and Irving and Dion together isn't even a top 10 match while Irving has much success with a variety combinations...notably with CJ and Varejao.

Btw, I don't care about Jarrett but I know he has heart and I know his history.

Why do you want Kyrie out anyway? You think with MCW and a pick will improve this team? Nope, they'd still suck. The Spurs will gladly give you Tony Parker and their pick. Or you guys can have Danny Granger/George Hill.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: What I want: Kyrie Irving trade for Michael Carter-Williams and Philly '14 #1 pick

Kryie looked so good last year but watching him this year he's so streaky and dumb with the ball at times, i'm not sure he'll ever be able to lead them anywhere. I don't blame Cav's fans for wanting to trade him right now while his stock is still real high.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    I don't think so. He just needs another star with him. I'm looking at his squad and I'm like...this team just seems dumb as fck outside of Jack. Kyrie must be mad as hell that he couldn't get Bradley Beal. Never liked Waiter's attitude. Anthony Bennett draft too? Damn. These players are supposed to be the future? I wanted to watch more Cavaliers this year but that team is just terrible to watch play and that includes Kyrie's no trust in teammates approach. Everyone here is clearly in need of veteran leadership.

Let's not overlook the fact that he is 21 years old. Rubio + pick for Irving? Give him Love, Dirk, Bosh, LA, or any star big and Kyrie will shine. And yeah he needs some freakin shooters to compliment his game. I don't want to dismiss Irving's poor start but whoever is managing and putting together all these pieces should be embarrassed. Doesn't even look like a team built for him. It's starting to look like the whole Lebron fiasco all over again but at least Lebron had shooters. The Cavs are going no where...the prospects don't even look promising. I'd hate to be in Cleveland too, and I'm sure that's what's going through Kyrie's mind.
    I completely disagree, I think that Kyrie just isn't an NBA player. It's not that he doesn't have NBA talent or athleticism, it's that he is incapable of playing within a team offense. He looks like he's playing pick up basketball out there. All flashy dribbles and tough shots instead of actually running plays and getting team mates opportunities to score. The only time he really passes is when he gets himself into trouble and picks up his dribble. He never plays in control and he never seems to have any idea of what he's going to do next. The kid doesn't need a star big man, what he needs is a veteran PG to play with and calm him down and decide when it's time to play team ball and when it's time to play Kyrie ball. He also needs lock down defensive players around him to make up for the fact that he's the definition of a liability out there. Too much hassle to make a winning team with him on it IMO.

However, I would love to meet whoever is in charge of this kids marketing campaign. The guys has managed to turn a chucking, pick up basketball player who has never played on a team that was even remotely good into a household name with multiple endorsement deals.

Yeah, no way that trade goes down. Philly is set up perfectly right now for a rebuilding attempt and the only way they make any moves is to dump Turner or Thad Young for younger talent or a pick.

I am your soldier!

MCW is a future all star.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    I watched like 4 full games this year. I dedicated myself to watch at least 1/3 of Kyrie games. Not a large sample size for me yet but they seem like a random team put together randomly. No one really compliments Kyrie's game because they have no big that can finish and no shooters he can trust. No one really has a feel to move off ball. Mike Brown limited offensive repertoire isn't helping either. I recognize that Irving does low IQ stuff like iso'ing early in the shot clock or just taking bad shots overall while teammates get frustrated over and over again but come on, he needs a better team...preferably a big that stretches the floor like Bennett was supposed to become but most likely will never be.

I'm not excusing Kyrie but I do not think he's the first to blame. I know he got too famous too early and that has put up expectations for him to meet. And the whole Lebron deal even puts more pressure on him. If the Cavs lose Kyrie, it would be a big mistake and one they will regret. I think the best move for them to do is to move Waiters because of the friction he brings to the team (especially to Kyrie). I've seen Kyrie just avoid demanding the ball to reset the offense when Waiters have it. You look at their best 3-man combination for the Cavs and Irving and Dion together isn't even a top 10 match while Irving has much success with a variety combinations...notably with CJ and Varejao.

Btw, I don't care about Jarrett but I know he has heart and I know his history.

Why do you want Kyrie out anyway? You think with MCW and a pick will improve this team? Nope, they'd still suck. The Spurs will gladly give you Tony Parker and their pick. Or you guys can have Danny Granger/George Hill.
    You are the definition of clueless. Sorry, it's no other way to put it. CJ has been in a shooting slump since he's been starting next to Kyrie and Varejao is past his prime.

You want Kyrie to have all the glory when he plays well and the Cavs win but blame the rest of the team when they lose. The problem is that when Kyrie plays well, its more due to him putting up a high scoring game rather than his complete floor game.

My man, Kyrie is a POINT GUARD. He touches the ball more than anyone else on the floor. If his teammates look bad, it's more due to the PG not getting them the ball in positions to score more than anything else. Kyrie knows this which is why he has to MAKE himself be a playmaker at times. The problem is he's neither that good at it or something he instinctively does at a high level.

As far as lack of shooters, Waiters is shooting 40% from the 3 point line overall and closer to 45% in catch and shoot 3 point attempts.

You are the worst type of fan. You are a fan of players and not teams. Your opinions are jaded and are not real accounts of player evaluations. If the Cavs had MCW then they would be no worse than they are now and I believe they would be better.

A gun is a gun no matter who a gun plays with. Stop acting like another 'star', who needs the ball as much as Kyrie, is the difference between Kyrie being something that he's not.

We would never do this trade this thread can die, people in here are either hating on kyrie or sucking his ****.Only like 2 people in this whole thread have been objective

Very good NBA starter

Is this where I find the shitfest on Kyrie Irvin thread? Typical ISH overreaction, everyone was on his d!ck last year now he's supposedly trash. The real person to blame is Mike Brown and his shitty system. Never has a head coach been more unwhelming.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    You are the definition of clueless. Sorry, it's no other way to put it. CJ has been in a shooting slump since he's been starting next to Kyrie and Varejao is past his prime.

You want Kyrie to have all the glory when he plays well and the Cavs win but blame the rest of the team when they lose. The problem is that when Kyrie plays well, its more due to him putting up a high scoring game rather than his complete floor game.

My man, Kyrie is a POINT GUARD. He touches the ball more than anyone else on the floor. If his teammates look bad, it's more due to the PG not getting them the ball in positions to score more than anything else. Kyrie knows this which is why he has to MAKE himself be a playmaker at times. The problem is he's neither that good at it or something he instinctively does at a high level.

As far as lack of shooters, Waiters is shooting 40% from the 3 point line overall and closer to 45% in catch and shoot 3 point attempts.

You are the worst type of fan. You are a fan of players and not teams. Your opinions are jaded and are not real accounts of player evaluations. If the Cavs had MCW then they would be no worse than they are now and I believe they would be better.

A gun is a gun no matter who a gun plays with. Stop acting like another 'star', who needs the ball as much as Kyrie, is the difference between Kyrie being something that he's not.
    Sorry, I'm not making it up. It's what's recorded on paper. Their best and most consistent line up consists of those 3 whether it's at the start of the game or not and whether you like it or not.

I do not want or care if Kyrie get all the glory (even though he mainly does) and I did not even form my argument around that in any shape or form. I clearly said he shouldn't be the first to blame and shouldn't be shipped out of town. There are other problems that that entire organization need to sort out.

He's a point guard on paper but anyone who watches him know he's a scoring guard first. Nothing new. They put him at point guard because they clearly have no other choice since technically he's still under development and have no better option; in spite of that, they clearly still want the ball in his hands as much as possible. Getting the ball where players are in position to score is only half the battle...it's actually the second half. First you need to have players who can run their routes and know how to space themselves naturally off ball. Chemistry plays a huge role too.

Waiters and Irving sometimes don't even cooperate with each other. Lots of standing around.

I'm a fan of players, teams, and whatever. I just know I'm a basketball fan first. Kyrie is someone who has caught my attention and someone I want to follow.

As far as I can tell, with MCW, they could be better. With no floor spacing, all they could do is precise passing, precising cutting, precise screening, and be extremely disciplined--I don't think they have the personnel to make all this happen and you'd be kidding yourself if you think they'd go anywhere with this squad or with just a "few" changes.

As far as you go, you've got to stop putting words into people's mouth to help your argument. I get what you're trying to say, but the blame on solely one player is stupidly unfair. This guy is a 21 year old point guard who naturally goes for "his" first to open up his passing game. He's struggling so what? A team fan would stick by its players through the thick and thin.
    Last edited by Mass Debator; 12-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    Kryie looked so good last year but watching him this year he's so streaky and dumb with the ball at times, i'm not sure he'll ever be able to lead them anywhere. I don't blame Cav's fans for wanting to trade him right now while his stock is still real high.
    Excuse me? His stock is the lowest it has ever been right now.

giving up on kyrie already. wheres the loyalty.