Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why are the Knicks a storied franchise with only 2 championships since forever?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Are you 15 years old? I could understand your sentiments than. As a Suns fan, maybe you know about a certain Michael Jordan standing in your way. But then again, you could be 15 and no idea about that.
    The Knicks had the 3 best rivalries in the 90s, so believe it or not they havent always been terrible. In the last 10 years, sure the Knicks have stunk. But so will you now that Nash aged (and traded).

2 championships >>>> less than 2 championships.
    I'm 23 and wasn't watching basketball when I was less than 10 years old. And you're not going to convince me to care about 2 championships that happened nearly 40 years ago. That's like if I, as an AZ Cardinals fan, bragged about the championships they won in like the 1920s. It's like who the f*** cares. That team is long done with. I don't have any memories of it. My grandparents don't even have any memories of it. I don't go around bragging/celebrating the D-Backs' World Series championship from 2001 and I actually experienced that and remember it like it was yesterday. You're only champions for 1 season.

Sure, it's a good piece of history, but it is what it is.... history. It's in the past. It's the present that matters. Every game you watch you want your team to win. If they're not winning, then you're not enjoying them.

Also I think you need to check the NBA standings if you think the Suns are so terrible without Nash lmao. They're already 17-10 in the REAL conference while the Knicks are 9-18 in that pathetic joke of a conference. On top of that, the Suns have the cap space AND 4 first round picks this year to even further improve from as good as they already are while the Knicks are in salary hell with nothing to show for it. So I don't see your point. The Knicks are just a laughing stock, get over it.

Default Re: Why are the Knicks a storied franchise with only 2 championships since forever?

I would call the Sixers a storied franchise too, even though they haven't won a title since 1983 and were last in the Finals 2001.

They are on a similar threshold due to how long they have been in the league and had success. However, the main difference it seems to be location and fanbase. Not saying Philly's fanbase isn't big (they are; very passionate fans too), but it's New York.

New York to me ranks as Top 10-15 franchise of all-time, along with great players/HOF players and some great playoff moments. I think it more than merits some story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    come to New York and say dat shit and see how far that will get u
    hur dur. Come to my (or any) city and say dat shit and....we will ignore you because most people know better than to pin their self esteem on a city that doesn't give a **** about them. Fresh kid you set the bar for dumbass behavior.

New York is "storied" because lots of people live there and they'll care about anything "New York" even if it sucks (see: Eli Manning)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Someone of the OP's stature (or lack thereof) couldn't comprehend what it's all about in the NYC. It's only the holy mecca of basketball. More legends are born and raised there than anywhere else (North Carolina is a close second). Young studs are the product of them mean NYC streets. Occasionally, you do get a farm boy from the back roads of say an Indiana (Larry Bird) or West Virginia (Jerry West) who can ball with the best of 'em, but it's rare.

The bigger the city (Chicago, LA, NYC, etc) the bigger the stars. Part of it is sheer population factor, but more than anything it's that playground grimy, gritty hustle that equates to boys transforming into grown men who dominate the game of basketball. Much of it bleeds over into the fan base of NY and its residents - hence why the Knicks are a marquee franchise and maybe even the marquee franchise (behind only the Lakers and maybe a close Bulls thank you Michael Jordan).

NYC is the holy mecca of the game. Don't ever question it again, ever.

^100% pure grade A delusion
    This is why people hate the knicks. Fans like this.

California has produced the most players. DC produces the most per capita.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 12-24-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Local High School Star

STORIED TEAM ALRIGHT...

It's NY, da **** you expect.

Anything attached with NY is going to get headlines

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    NYC is the holy mecca of delusional homer fans who worship the laughing stock of the NBA.
    I don't even live in NYC you moron. So there goes your "homer" theory. *POOF* GONE. NYC is the holy mecca of basketball. That's universally known; you don't have to be a resident to know or understand it. I don't worship the Knicks either (I'm a Bobcats fan). I live in North Carolina - which is in its own right its own holy mecca of sorts (college level).

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    hur dur. Come to my (or any) city and say dat shit and....we will ignore you because most people know better than to pin their self esteem on a city that doesn't give a **** about them. Fresh kid you set the bar for dumbass behavior.

New York is "storied" because lots of people live there and they'll care about anything "New York" even if it sucks (see: Eli Manning)

^100% pure grade A delusion
    This is why people hate the knicks. Fans like this.

California has produced the most players. DC produces the most per capita.
    LOL, again, I'm not even a Knicks fan. Just a basketball fan, who knows the history, and more importantly the CULTURE. You guys discrediting New York as the Jerusalem of basketball need to get your heads examined. I don't give a shit about NY, personally, but I'm also not foolish enough to NOT recognize the holy mecca for what it is. Why do you think it was such a big fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king deal when the Knicks were about to get either LeBron or Melo a few years back in FA? Why was it such a BFD moving the Nets from NJ to Brooklyn?

... and I don't understand why people have to post those big pictures (probably on purpose) ruining threads.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I don't even live in NYC you moron. So there goes your "homer" theory. *POOF* GONE. NYC is the holy mecca of basketball. That's universally known; you don't have to be a resident to know or understand it. I don't worship the Knicks either (I'm a Bobcats fan). I live in North Carolina - which is in its own right its own holy mecca of sorts (college level).

They make headlines cause they suck, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    It must be nice to live in / be from Boston. Bruh, talk about sports history, culture, the whole nine. Celtics, Patriots, and RedSox countless titles, two dynasties (Celtics and Pats) ... hell, even the Bruins won a title just a few years back. Must be something in the water there.

The irony of it all

Both great.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

Both great.
    Meanwhile:

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Meanwhile:

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz

The irony of it all
    yeah. not sure he even caught it

Lol knicks are not a storied franchise, they are the most garbage underachieving franchise in the league