Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Re: Chad Ford: Anthony Bennet: Worst #1 pick in 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    In order to look "flat-out terrible," you need to play. He is currently barely playing. He's gone over 20 minutes one time this whole season. Over the last month, if he gets in the game, it's for a max of about seven minutes.

Honestly, I doubt 90% of the people commenting on Bennett have even seen him play.

I've watched every minute of every Cavs game and even I haven't seen him play much.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lt3Xw_8oMI

I never judge players on highlight videos but this is something else. When your highlight video in the NBA consists of missed dunks, brick after brick and getting swatted by the opponent you're in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lt3Xw_8oMI

I never judge players on highlight videos but this is something else. When your highlight video in the NBA consists of missed dunks, brick after brick and getting swatted by the opponent you're in trouble.
    "All of Anthony Bennett's makes and misses for the first 12 games of the '13-'14 NBA season."

He was terribly out of shape, rusty and also a bit nervous in his first games... he actually improved a little bit on his efficiency lately, shooting 43% in December, though partly garbage time minutes... Still not getting much playing time

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Honestly, I doubt 90% of the people commenting on Bennett have even seen him play.
    This.
    Last edited by D-Wait; 12-25-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Local High School Star

Can't believe people are rolling out the excuses carpet for this dude.
    He couldn't put down the fork in the off season, that much is obvious.
    Apparently he has sleep apnea and asthma, so those could be considerations for his nearly inexcusable frame for a professional athlete.
    If that is the case, and it is a major contributor to him being a pudgy son of a bitch, it makes the pick even more suspect because there's no way the Cavs weren't aware of his health issues prior to taking him number one overall.

There's no incentive to defend this guy at this point.
    He is off to a historically terrible start for any high draft pick, especially the fist overall one.
    It seems obvious he won't live up to that draft status now, but the onus is on him to prove he belongs in the NBA the very least.
    He hasn't produced at all, so the only way people who are making excuses him don't look like delusional homers or family members/friends of Bennet is to wait til he produces at a semi respectable level.
    If he does that, great, you can bump threads and make people eat crow.
    If he doesn't then everyone is going to forget about him and no one can even say "I told you so" because the people saying that were proven right when he couldn't score in his first few NBA games.

This is an obvious situation where a player just doesn't pass the eye or stats test and continues to struggle, until a player like that produces, then you aren't going to convince anyone otherwise and are just making yourself look stupid when this dude is making the Organization look like they don't know what they are doing.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Kwame and Olowokandi at the very least provided the post presence on defense just by being there. Anthony Bennett, if he were an undrafted rookie, would have been cut already.

The Cavs should put him on the inactive roster, come up with a bogus injury, have him stay behind and work out for two to three months so he loses weight and gets his conditioning back. In two to three months, he could lose anywhere from 15-20 pounds with really tough workouts.

Then send him to the D-League for some run, and finally bring him back at the end of the season. He would be in shape and would provide a good spark for the team. Then he would head into the off-season on a good note.

Right now, he can't get into game shape so when he gets on the floor, he is a disaster.