Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kidd says 'comfortable with losing'

I thought better was Garnett this morning. I'M NOT ONE TO MAKE EXCUSES. BUT WE LACK AN IDENTITY. WE HAVE TOO MANY NEW PIECES. TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE HURT. WE ARE IMPLEMENTING TOO MANY NEW THINGS. IM TRYING TO FOCUS ON DEFENSE. I AM NOT THE MAIN OPTION SO MY SCORING IS DOWN.

Better too was he had so much to say now but left Kidd out to dry last night by himself. Pierce did too but he's basically decided he's not talking anymore if the Nets lose.

The Nets are kind of screwed, not sure who they rally around. The best natural leaders on that team are Garnett and Pierce but they don't seem like they want the job, JJ is the best player right now but he's not wired that way, and Deron is Deron. And it's hard for someone like Terry, etc. to step up because they just don't have enough of a role. Think of the bench, Livingston, Blatche, Evans . Not people who are going to grab you and say TRY HARDER!
    Last edited by niko; 12-24-2013 at 08:01 PM.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He actually was referring to the locker room reacting to the losses too happily. He's right. JJ for all he's done is flatline. Deron too. Garnett and Pierce leave without talking to anyone depending on their mood. They are a pretty chill bunch for a team that loses every day. I don't think him calling them on it is an issue. The shitty coaching yes. This comment, no.
    Exactly. It's primarily a post-game analysis. Kidd sees that his players don't get mad when they lose. I don't know why but the Nets think they are going to press a button and automatically start winning, which is why they don't get frustrated when they lose. They act like the Spurs or Heat. When those teams lose they say "whatever, we'll be fine come playoff time". Nets acting the same way yet they are not even in the playoffs.

5-time NBA All-Star

The team was excited and pumped up in the preseason and before Kidd took the helm due to his suspension. Then, Kidd did something to drain effort as soon as he came in. Garnett was probably silenced or checked by Kidd but he really has toned it down. But Kidd draws a very different energy on the team overall. He doesn't have a positive connection with any player from what I see. He doesn't even have a jump starter on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Exactly. It's primarily a post-game analysis. Kidd sees that his players don't get mad when they lose. I don't know why but the Nets think they are going to press a button and automatically start winning, which is why they don't get frustrated when they lose. They act like the Spurs or Heat. When those teams lose they say "whatever, we'll be fine come playoff time". Nets acting the same way yet they are not even in the playoffs.
    I get people criticize his coaching (how can you not) but he was justified in his reaction last night. Pierce tried to get tossed, him and Garnett ran as soon as they could without talking, JJ was his usual relaxed self, Evans giggling. I get it what Kidd was saying. There should be things being tossed and players fighting and yelling and the world ending because at least that's motivation to stop the cycle.

players fighting and yelling and the world ending because at least that's motivation to stop the cycle.
    This part I don't agree with because the Nets have been doing so much damn talking for the entire season. Whether it was back and fourth with the Knicks, or after games saying that "we should stomp this team" or "this loss will never happen again", the Nets really need to start closing their mouths and just playing ball. Let's face it, NO team in the league has yellers and fighters. The good teams have professionals that go about their business the right way. The Spurs, Thunder, Pacers and Heat all know their roles and let their playing do the talking. The Nets do not have scrubs on their team. This shitty record is only for scrub teams. Nets need to begin learning how to win, it's damn annoying.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Garnett and Pierce are old and don't have the same fire anymore I think. They're done and it was a dumb trade to acquire them. KG prolly just wants to retire.

This part I don't agree with because the Nets have been doing so much damn talking for the entire season. Whether it was back and fourth with the Knicks, or after games saying that "we should stomp this team" or "this loss will never happen again", the Nets really need to start closing their mouths and just playing ball. Let's face it, NO team in the league has yellers and fighters. The good teams have professionals that go about their business the right way. The Spurs, Thunder, Pacers and Heat all know their roles and let their playing do the talking. The Nets do not have scrubs on their team. This shitty record is only for scrub teams. Nets need to begin learning how to win, it's damn annoying.
    I don't mean talking about other teams or to the media, i mean between themselves. No one points at each other and says "why didn't you cover that other person? " There are no reports of Garnett tearing into the locker room, or Pierce and Deron yelling at each other. Anger. A bad team that is buddy buddy is a terrible thing because it can exist like that all year.

I don't mean talking about other teams or to the media, i mean between themselves. No one points at each other and says "why didn't you cover that other person? " There are no reports of Garnett tearing into the locker room, or Pierce and Deron yelling at each other. Anger. A bad team that is buddy buddy is a terrible thing because it can exist like that all year.
    Yeah. Kevin has to my knowledge, never yelled at Deron yet. Granted that Deron has been injured and he IS playing very well since his return. The one guy he should've lighted a fire into was Brook. I'm sure Brook would've cried if KG yelled at him though.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    stop acting like kidd is the coach and only he is responsible for losing. he's not alone, he has the best staff in basketball ( on paper at least ). and how about the players? why didn't they get any blame?
    and you can't blame Kidd and even the players unless you blame the moron that formed this cluster**** in the first place.
    I don't know why but the Nets think they are going to press a button and automatically start winning, which is why they don't get frustrated when they lose. They act like the Spurs or Heat. When those teams lose they say "whatever, we'll be fine come playoff time". Nets acting the same way yet they are not even in the playoffs.
    lol. the Heat do not act like everything's okay when they lose. Heat players have said they feel horrible after a loss. in the 28 win streak, they said they hate losing and that everyone feels terrible after a loss. they've built a winning culture there.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

You guys are cherry picking his comment and taking it out of context

"Well, I think it is getting very close to just accepting losing," Kidd said after his team lost its third straight to drop to 9-18 this season. "We are kind of getting comfortable with losing. And we got to make a stand with that because when things get tough, do we just give in, and most of the time right now we do."

Very good NBA starter

THe problem with Kidd is:

He doesn't have their respect. Losing Lawrence Frank who is a very good assistant coach was a bad move.

When Frank was dismissed they interviewed PP and KG and they seemed to be unhappy about it.

Kidd knows his X and O's, but the personality to connect with guys is not there yet because he is not fully mature for this position.

Kidd is not going to get fired but a team for him should be a young young team with a PG he can develop. Deron is developed and is who he is.