Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Default Dwyane Wade's sacrifice for brotherhood and Team First ball

Just amazing. How many players in the entire world, with their giant ego's and selfishness, would even be capable of doing what Wade did?

Especially Wade, who sacrificed the most. TRULY the role model for all teammates and people to emulate.

Look at glaring examples like Kobe. Couldn't even give up his role to Dwight at 35 yrs old, and certainly refused to take less money. Wade did both of those things, IN HIS PRIME.

Great watch, on this day of Christmas eve and love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIGNLSbzAAc
    Last edited by 3LiftHeatCurse; 12-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Dwyane Wade's sacrifice for brotherhood and Team First ball

vegeta wade's ultimate sacrifice

God, how many times do we have to hear about this 'sacrifice'? Instead of ending his career with 1 ring and 1 FMVP, he's going to end it with 3+ rings and 1 FMVP. The sacrifice won't be remembered historically when he still won as the man with an incredibly dominant run. These rings are just icings on the cake for a great player on a rapid decline.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    God, how many times do we have to hear about this 'sacrifice'? Instead of ending his career with 1 ring and 1 FMVP, he's going to end it with 3+ rings and 1 FMVP. The sacrifice won't be remembered historically when he still won as the man with an incredibly dominant run. These rings are just icings on the cake for a great player on a rapid decline.
    Be honest, you hate D-Wade. I've seen it in your posts lately. Wade absolutely, even beyond his deteriorating body pulled his game back in order to accommodate James. His abilities still flash through, and usually in big games. See his recent performance v.s. Indiana. Or how he carried the Heat to a big win in the Finals on the road v.s. San Antonio when LeBron was still busy being timid.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Be honest, you hate D-Wade. I've seen it in your posts lately. Wade absolutely, even beyond his deteriorating body pulled his game back in order to accommodate James. His abilities still flash through, and usually in big games. See his recent performance v.s. Indiana. Or how he carried the Heat to a big win in the Finals on the road v.s. San Antonio when LeBron was still busy being timid.

I think certain Bulls fans are still upset about summer of 2010. They truly thought their hometown kid was going to play for them. Wade's comments about the Bulls organization also didn't help.

I mean, look at the Heat. or the Lakers. Alonzo Mourning works for the Heat office now. Jerry West was Lakers GM, Magic had ownership stake, etc.....

but in 2010, the Bulls had NO TIES to Jordan, Phil Jackson, Pippen, Rodman, nobody. All of them ran off far away from the Bulls and wanted nothing to do with that organization after the run was over, and it wasn't until Wade's comments, that the Bulls made efforts to bring in Scottie back in the fold.
    Last edited by 3LiftHeatCurse; 12-24-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Respect, but they all sacrificed... they all wanted to win, what Wade did had to be done for the sake of winning as a better/more impactful player than him was there.... and its not like Lebron is selfish, he would himself take a step back to Wade if he was better, if it meant higher win ratio.... and will ALWAYS take a step back when Wade is on a roll or wants to be super uber agressive take all the shots he wants if it means WIN.......... hell at one time he did that even if it didnt mean WIN (see 2011 Finals)....

...and for Skip Bayless.... If Wade really was Batman/Superman like you say, meaning the best player in the world / best player in that team then he wouldnt need to take a step back to a lesser player dont you think? How is that sacrificing to win exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Respect, but they all sacrificed... they all wanted to win, what Wade did had to be done for the sake of winning as a better/more impactful player than him was there.... and its not like Lebron is selfish, he would himself take a step back to Wade if he was better, if it meant higher win ratio.... and will ALWAYS take a step back when Wade is on a roll or wants to be super uber agressive take all the shots he wants if it means WIN.......... hell at one time he did that even if it didnt mean WIN (see 2011 Finals)....

...and for Skip Bayless.... If Wade really was Batman/Superman like you say, meaning the best player in the world / best player in that team then he wouldnt need to take a step back to a lesser player dont you think? How is that sacrificing to win exactly?
    No he did not. He was beaten and shook by Shawn Marion worldly defense. Don't try to change history bub.

And this is why I say you tend to put other players down to prop up Lebron. I didn't even have to look for evidence

Dude, I don't hate any player. I just believe Wade has become vastly overrated and, in a certain way, untouchable. I'll admit I trolled a bit when I said Pippen was better (although I think it's close), but everything else I've said is what's my opinion.

What Wade did helped James' legacy - that is undeniable. But as far as him 'sacrificing' anything, I don't see it. For sure, he relinquished the alpha in him, but is that a bad thing? Consider that Wade's body is deteriorating faster than a shooting star and you don't think that taking every other play off, and taking every other game off, is helping him preserve it?

If he didn't bring James to Miami, how would his career have gone by now? More years of having to drag his shitty team on his shoulders as the alpha, how would his body have coped with that? He wasn't going to win MVP - James has that award on lock down for years and he didn't win it as his peak (09). And which free agents was he gonna get to win it all? Bosh only? Please.

James' arrival has only enhanced Wade's legacy in the future, i.e. by stacking up his rings counts. Not to mention that his drop in stats is accompanied by a drastic rise in efficiency, not that bad.

And in truth Wade only shows up in some big games. The games he doesn't show up in (i.e. Spurs game 6, pretty much the whole Indiana series, and some of the Boston series) are never talked about, instead brushed aside due to injury. In other words, he is never accountable for poor performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    No he did not. He was beaten and shook by Shawn Marion worldly defense. Don't try to change history bub.

And this is why I say you tend to put other players down to prop up Lebron. I didn't even have to look for evidence
    Stop it Kobetard... the only thing that shook & beat Lebron in that series was the thing between his ears... he has faced defenders 1000 x better than Marion and has faced team defense 1000 x better than Mavs...... he was never that passive, NEVER.... (kindof stole that one Jlip lol)
    Last edited by pauk; 12-24-2013 at 10:03 PM.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I don't hate Wade and yet agree completely. He has sacrificed nothing of any importance. The drama attached to all that he has allegedly given is a joke. Ooh, he might be able to score 25 ppg right now. So what? Just about every player would make that "sacrifice" to win multiple championships. He's getting more endorsements than he would have without the recent rings and still makes the max. He's marrying Gabrielle Union. He's got tens of millions of dollars and is a cherished celebrity living in Miami. This is sacrifice? Who wouldn't make this "sacrifice?"

3-time NBA All-Star

If Wade had the durability of Kobe or Lebron and didn't have the permanent injury issues, I highly doubt he tries to play with Lebron. He was 28 at the time, and if the outlook was that he could still be completely healthy and contend for the best player in the league for the next 5-7 years, I doubt he does this. The biggest difference between him and other great players is that he was able to be realistic and recognize it. It obviously helped that he was real good friends with Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito

Stop it Kobetard... the only thing that shook & beat Lebron in that series was the thing between his ears... he has faced defenders 1000 x better than Marion and has faced team defense 1000 x better than Mavs...... he was never that passive, NEVER....
    At least we agree on that. And trust me, I am a fan of Kobe but I am not a Kobetard. You are an obsessive Lebron stan, and I am nothing like you at all.

Also I'm a fan of Lebron too, I just don't think he is as godly as stans like you and the other retards try to prove by trolling.

Thing is Lebron completely got shooked by Shawn and the Mavs, and that's not Wade's fault but him.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Dude, I don't hate any player. I just believe Wade has become vastly overrated and, in a certain way, untouchable. I'll admit I trolled a bit when I said Pippen was better (although I think it's close), but everything else I've said is what's my opinion.

What Wade did helped James' legacy - that is undeniable. But as far as him 'sacrificing' anything, I don't see it. For sure, he relinquished the alpha in him, but is that a bad thing? Consider that Wade's body is deteriorating faster than a shooting star and you don't think that taking every other play off, and taking every other game off, is helping him preserve it?

If he didn't bring James to Miami, how would his career have gone by now? More years of having to drag his shitty team on his shoulders as the alpha, how would his body have coped with that? He wasn't going to win MVP - James has that award on lock down for years and he didn't win it as his peak (09). And which free agents was he gonna get to win it all? Bosh only? Please.

James' arrival has only enhanced Wade's legacy in the future, i.e. by stacking up his rings counts. Not to mention that his drop in stats is accompanied by a drastic rise in efficiency, not that bad.

And in truth Wade only shows up in some big games. The games he doesn't show up in (i.e. Spurs game 6, pretty much the whole Indiana series, and some of the Boston series) are never talked about, instead brushed aside due to injury. In other words, he is never accountable for poor performances.
    Good post.