Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Dwyane Wade's sacrifice for brotherhood and Team First ball

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    If Wade had the durability of Kobe or Lebron and didn't have the permanent injury issues, I highly doubt he tries to play with Lebron. He was 28 at the time, and if the outlook was that he could still be completely healthy and contend for the best player in the league for the next 5-7 years, I doubt he does this. The biggest difference between him and other great players is that he was able to be realistic and recognize it. It obviously helped that he was real good friends with Lebron.
    Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Dude, I don't hate any player. I just believe Wade has become vastly overrated and, in a certain way, untouchable. I'll admit I trolled a bit when I said Pippen was better (although I think it's close), but everything else I've said is what's my opinion.

What Wade did helped James' legacy - that is undeniable. But as far as him 'sacrificing' anything, I don't see it. For sure, he relinquished the alpha in him, but is that a bad thing? Consider that Wade's body is deteriorating faster than a shooting star and you don't think that taking every other play off, and taking every other game off, is helping him preserve it?

If he didn't bring James to Miami, how would his career have gone by now? More years of having to drag his shitty team on his shoulders as the alpha, how would his body have coped with that? He wasn't going to win MVP - James has that award on lock down for years and he didn't win it as his peak (09). And which free agents was he gonna get to win it all? Bosh only? Please.

James' arrival has only enhanced Wade's legacy in the future, i.e. by stacking up his rings counts. Not to mention that his drop in stats is accompanied by a drastic rise in efficiency, not that bad.

And in truth Wade only shows up in some big games. The games he doesn't show up in (i.e. Spurs game 6, pretty much the whole Indiana series, and some of the Boston series) are never talked about, instead brushed aside due to injury. In other words, he is never accountable for poor performances.
    Good posts, touche.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Good posts, touche.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure relinquishing the alpha role on HIS team was difficult, possibly more difficult than anything he's ever had to do. Once you're the 'man' on your team, it takes a lot of pride swallowing to give it to someone else. And to be an all time great, you need arrogance.

But, in his situation, it was the best thing to do. That's why I don't agree with the 'sacrifice' part - this experiment has ended up boosting his body of work and extending his career.

Now, the guy who sacrificed? Probably Bosh. Unlike Wade, he hasn't won as an alpha. To sacrifice a probable 20-10 career as a #1 on a fringe playoff team for rings as a third wheel... well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    At least we agree on that. And trust me, I am a fan of Kobe but I am not a Kobetard. You are an obsessive Lebron stan, and I am nothing like you at all.
    Creating a thread where you indoctrinate 15-20 of my posts and adding some other stuff into a 1500 word essay to whine about me certainly doesnt sound like me.... neither does randomly insulting other posters either...... you are perfectly right....

As far as me being a Lebron stan, i love Lebrons game, if that means "Lebron stan" then so be it, if its a crime for you, then so be it aswell.... i just dont think that is a bad thing as long as i am objective, rational and factual.... and ofcourse respectful towards other posters.... We indeed have many differences huh?

Also I'm a fan of Lebron too, I just don't think he is as godly as stans like you and the other retards try to prove by trolling.
    I dont know which Lebron "retard" stans you are talking about and what exactly they said..... The only "Lebron godliness" type of assessment i portrayed lately is only that I think Lebron is the best player in the game and that he is a top 10 player of all time.... if that is "retarded" for you meaning you think he is not that good, then you better look on the mirror....

Thing is Lebron completely got shooked by Shawn and the Mavs, and that's not Wade's fault but him.
    So you think that after Lebron NEVER got "shooked" and never was that passive after facing much better defenders and team defense before in his entire career.... FINALLY got shooked when he saw the almighty Marion & Mavs?

...you think he for the first time in his career averaged ~14 FGA in a series and for the first time in his career defered to somebody entire playoff series (Wade in this case) because he all of the sudden got shook as he NEVER faced a defender like Marion and Mavs before?

...or because he played with Wade/Bosh for the first time, entirely new strategy/role/teammates/coach... making a decision to do a little "sacrifice" of his own especially that series? What he did there cost them the series, no doubt, but the point is there is rationalism for why/how it happened...... and that rationalism wasnt Marion / Mavs..... it was himself...

Funny.... i wonder why Marion / Mavs otherwordly defense couldnt do that to Lebron even for a single game before OR after that series............
    Last edited by pauk; 12-24-2013 at 10:01 PM.

To me, Wades biggest sacrifice came between '08-'10 when he knew the Heat were gearing up for the summer of '10. Those were his peak years and he was on a team that had no intention of being a contender. The transition with LeBron was organic and ultimately inevitable.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    To me, Wades biggest sacrifice came between '08-'10 when he knew the Heat were gearing up for the summer of '10. Those were his peak years and he was on a team that had no intention of being a contender. The transition with LeBron was organic and ultimately inevitable.
    Yeah. But he sacrificed as much as Kobe did. Wade even thought about going to Chicago in the free agency.

But like everyone said, they pretty much all sacrificed their game to play with each other. Bosh has to play center, a role that he doesn't like, Wade had to play more off ball, and LeBron had to share the offense with Wade and he had to play off the ball too.

And honestly, LeBron was/is just the superior talent. Wade is injury prone, so he couldn't keep up. The closest gap between them was 2011, when they were 1a and 1b. But after that LeBron just exploded while Wade was fighting through injuries and aging. So, it's not like Wade had any choice other than give the team to him. Wade's durability and LeBron being better are the main reasons why he had to sacrifice. If he wasn't injury prone, then he would perform better. But I think he would've "sacrifice" and ensure LeBron that it's his team regardless.

I think he's right that not many great players with egos would give the team up, but not many players team up like that in their prime. I know Kareem, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Jerry West, and Shaq to some extent gave the ok to give the team up on the top of my head. But most of them were heading out of their prime, just like Wade had. Both are important to the Heat. They both lead the team both on/off the court.

With that said, I still feel like Miami Heat fans would think it's Wade's franchise and LeBron's team. Wade was in Miami first, brought a ring when they were the underdogs, then they sucked, and then Wade entertain them with his peak. So, he's been there longer. Kind'a like how Dr. J was basically the face of the franchise with the 76ers, but Moses Malone was the best player on the team.

But there are more LeBron fans in the world than they are Miami Heat fans.
    Last edited by Micku; 12-24-2013 at 10:34 PM.

his sacrifice is ****ing up my fantasy squad.

The ISH'ers Champion!

We all know why Wade and Bosh took a back seat and sacrificed their all-star numbers for Lebron.

We were all witness of the mutiny committed by Lebron during the 11' Finals.

The biggest narcissist in the history of the sport, consumed by his egotism and egoism refused to allow Wade receive a FMVP trophy while he was around. We all know what the implications were. Lebron a shadow of Wade, a Pippen, a beta, never an alpha, Wade's team.

So what does the self-consumed, stat-whore Lebron does? Refuses to shoot. Refused to brick shots and make a ridicule of his mid-range game for all of us to see. Lebron becomes the invisible man. Lebron betrays the trust of his teammates and most of all, back-stabs Wade.

And so it came the lock-out season, in an already weak-era in which Lebron finally triumphed in an evil fashion by forcing Wade and Bosh to sacrifice their numbers for the sake of his. Mr. Empty stats is one of the most selfish players ever. A known ballhog whose only game benefits at the expense of others. Look at Wade's numbers, Bosh numbers, Mo's number while with the Cavs. Numbers don't lie........

The worst Finals performer of all time is a disgrace to the sport. Thank god we still have players like Wade, Kobe, Dirk, and Duncan around to represent the sport like it should.

Banned

wade is just a better human being than kobe. better teammate, person, father, husband than kobe. the good guy, the role model, the ideal friend. someone u can trust, he is always there for u and feels happy for your succes even if he fails

Creating a thread where you indoctrinate 15-20 of my posts and adding some other stuff into a 1500 word essay to whine about me certainly doesnt sound like me.... neither does randomly insulting other posters either...... you are perfectly right....

As far as me being a Lebron stan, i love Lebrons game, if that means "Lebron stan" then so be it, if its a crime for you, then so be it aswell.... i just dont think that is a bad thing as long as i am objective, rational and factual.... and ofcourse respectful towards other posters.... We indeed have many differences huh?
    You tend to put other players down to prop up Lebron and in this thread there is a prime example. But of course I am the one that is wrong.

And all the post that I "indoctrinate" are probably you being stupid and just posting stuff that is clearly wrong about other players in order to put other players down in order to prop up Lebron. Yo are the one with the fame of being a Lebron stan and lover, not me. I am not the one with a million posts and threads proclaiming my love to one player, you are.

Also that thread I made, if you read was not to whine about you but to know if that 'essay' was for real. And it's been a year and you are clearly still butthurt about it. Obsessive much?

Get a life bro. There's life besides Lebron dawg...

And to answer your other info, explain to me how Lebron in the last game, last quarter he was nowhere to be seen? didn't he shot like 7 times a game? I think even Chalmers made more FGA in that game. It doesn't matter what you say, I saw that game and Lebron was just shooked. He was in a state of disbelief. I actually thought he was injured because I even forgot he was playing. He just choked and that was all on him. Not the coach, not Bosh, not Chalmers not anybody on that team but him. Pat Riley had to tell the news that Lebron was not injured in order to prevent him making excuses again. He learned a lot about that no doubt, as he was brilliant in 2012 but let's not pretend and rewrite history that 2011 Finals games was him defering to Wade and what not. Because he sure didn't defer to him against the Celtics or Bulls...
    Last edited by Bandito; 12-25-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    wade is just a better human being than kobe. better teammate, person, father, husband than kobe. the good guy, the role model, the ideal friend. someone u can trust, he is always there for u and feels happy for your succes even if he fails
    Why compare to Kobe though, obsessive much?

Dunking on everybody in the park

For all this talk about sacrifice and stuff, i think wade playing a second guy role was a smart basketball move.

Wade came into the league and he had a not so bad team, full of veterans, and he did not have the ball in his hands all the time. He had to learn playing a little off the ball.

Lebron on the other hand, was always the guy, could shoot as much as he wanted and for his whole career he always had the ball, and never had to play like a second guy.

So, in my opinion, Wade is much smarter to get cuts and easy baskets with his movement off the ball than Lebron, so him playing as a second guy with lebron controling the flow is just a smart move.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Wait...now we're crediting players for "sacrificing" stats for multiple rings? That should be a given for anyone who cares about winning.

If Lebron hadn't come to town and Wade averaged 30 for the next three seasons and got ousted in the first round, his legacy would be MUCH worse off than it is right now. The man has three rings, one as the man and two as a sidekick. How many NBA players in history have done that? If Lebron hadn't come to town, he'd retire with one ring and not much Playoff success after the '06 season and would probably (sadly) be forgotten by most in 10-15 years.

Banned

Why compare to Kobe though, obsessive much?
    op said kobe in his op

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    op said kobe in his op
    I know but that doesn't mean you have to be a troll like him. he's a bonafide troll with no hope, I think you have some hope of not becoming one. I am rooting for you [COLOR="White"]not to become one[/COLOR]

Banned

I know but that doesn't mean you have to be a troll like him. he's a bonafide troll with no hope, I think you have some hope of not becoming one. I am rooting for you [COLOR="White"]not to become one[/COLOR]
    thank you nice xmas in puerto rico ? 28 C / 82 F right now damn, in my country 1 C / 33 F