Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Re: Lets be real, it's "Happy Holidays", most of us couldn't care less about Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    The minute you start calling people names is the moment you lost reason, oh reasonable superior atheist man.

You claim not to respect people that believe in Jesus divinity. I'm not a bigot, therefore I respect atheists, while not agreeing of course with atheism. You can keep being an intolerant bigot. I chose not to be one and not to reply anymore to someone who does not even respect me or any other christian (a lot of people in this site and in the world you don't respect), not because of their character, but simply because of our beliefs. Yep, that seems very reasonable...

PS: you are cleary the honest one. We can't tell the man (Marx) who said this was a racist (interbred - such respect for the fellow black man there ) :

It is now quite plain to me — as the shape of his head and the way his hair grows also testify — that he is descended from the negroes who accompanied Moses’ flight from Egypt (unless his mother or paternal grandmother interbred with a "n word"). Now, this blend of Jewishness and Germanness, on the one hand, and basic negroid stock, on the other, must inevitably give rise to a peculiar product. The fellow’s importunity is also "n word"-like.
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 12-26-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Default Re: Lets be real, it's "Happy Holidays", most of us couldn't care less about Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Real or not, Happy Birthday Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    This predated Jesus. And a lot of his message was impracticable and immoral:

- Love your enemies (no, i hate my enemies, otherwise they wouldn't be enemies)
    - Turn the other cheek (ok if you want to die)
    - Take no thought for the morrow (ok to starve)
    - Revelling in poverty as if suffering performs a most valuable function.
    - Endorsement of slavery
    - That those who don't follow him will go to hell.

An evil doctrine imo.
    Love your enemies and turn the other cheek, an evil doctrine? "otherwise they wouldn't be my enemies" and "OK if you want to die" is taking things out of context and making yourself seem shallow-minded and lacking basic intelligence - which I thought was the exact opposite of what being an atheist is all about.

I thought you guys were all about demonstrating your intellect prowess!

*flexes muscles*

Atheists are prideful (as are Christians and any other human being who's living and breathing) except atheists take being prideful to a whole different plateau. If an atheist is told they're lacking intelligence, damn do they fly off the handle. Don't you ever, EVER tell an atheist they don't know shit. Never seen so many pale faces turn red in a quickness.

Here's the truth. As an atheist, you honestly don't know shit. I (whom isn't an atheist) don't know shit. The next man who is neither atheist or not doesn't know shit. As long as we can all accept that fact we'd be fine. Unfortunately, more than all other religious men, the atheist thinks he knows more than most, and to think or tell them otherwise is blasphemy in their mind. Sometimes the truth is just difficult to deal with.

Mr. Atheist - you aren't anything special. Your mind is no more better equipped to understand or comprehend the real truth than a religious man, so please stop thinking you are special. Please stop thinking you know more than the average religious man, because realistically, you don't. We don't either. For the most part however we don't walk a-round thinking in our heads "ha ha I know more than you do ... har har I know more than you do"

Just stop... you don't know shit. Saying what Christ attempted to implement is "evil" ... yeah, you can be damn sure you don't know shit.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Let's be more real, even though nobody gives a shit about Christ, it's still called christmas. So merry christmas you little bitch.

Well played sir.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Atheists are prideful (as are Christians and any other human being who's living and breathing) except atheists take being prideful to a whole different plateau. If an atheist is told they're lacking intelligence, damn do they fly off the handle. Don't you ever, EVER tell an atheist they don't know shit. Never seen so many pale faces turn red in a quickness.

Here's the truth. As an atheist, you honestly don't know shit. I (whom isn't an atheist) doesn't know shit. The next man who is neither atheist or not doesn't know shit. As long as we can all accept that fact we'd be fine. Unfortunately, more than all other religious men, the atheist thinks he knows more than most, and to think or tell them otherwise is blasphemy in their mind. Sometimes the truth is just difficult to deal with.

Mr. Atheist - you aren't anything special. Your mind is no more better equipped to understand or comprehend the real truth than a religious man, so please stop thinking you are special. Please stop thinking you know more than the average religious man, because realistically, you don't. We don't either. For the most part however we don't walk a-round thinking in our heads "ha ha I know more than you do ... har har I know more than you do"

Just stop... you don't know shit. Saying what Christ attempted to implement is "evil" ... yeah, you can be damn sure you don't know shit.
    As an atheist, I don't approve of your generalizing statements about a group of people you've defined through their lack of belief in the existence of a deity. In theory, all of your statements should apply to me, but somehow they don't. Which means you have no idea what you're talking about. Putting non religious people into one big category might be easy and convenient, allowing you to save the small amount of cognitive resources you might have at your disposal, but it's not how you should look at the world around you.

While I don't necessarily agree with the way Dresta is voicing his opinion, your post is still embarrassing. Just a big load of crap. Horrible. Seriously, are you drunk and/or high? There's a kind of religiosity I can respect, but it's not the primitive nonsensical rambling you're presenting here.

What the f*ck is "the atheist"? Some stereotype? What next? Some generalized statements about skin color? Race? Dude you're embarrassing.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 12-26-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    As an atheist, I don't approve of your generalizing statements about a group of people you've defined through their lack of belief in the existence of a deity. In theory, all of your statements should apply to me, but somehow they don't. Which means you have no idea what you're talking about. Putting non religious people into one big category might be easy and convenient, allowing you to save the small amount of cognitive resources you might have at your disposal, but it's not how you should look at the world around you.

While I don't necessarily agree with the way Dresta is voicing his opinion, your post is still embarrassing. Just a big load of crap. Horrible. Seriously, are you drunk and/or high? There's a kind of religiosity I can respect, but it's not the primitive nonsensical rambling you're presenting here.

What the f*ck is "the atheist"? Some stereotype?
    I said none of us know a damn thing - and honestly - we don't. The end. That's an idea you're going to have to warm up to. Deal with it.

I said none of us know a damn thing - and honestly - we don't. The end.
    Here's what you said...

atheists take being prideful to a whole different plateau
    I'm an atheist...so according to you, I take being prideful to a whole different plateau. Cool. That's like me saying "being Christian takes being mentally ill to a whole different plateau". Would be total nonsense, just like your statement.

more than all other religious men, the atheist thinks he knows more than most
    More than all other religious men, I (an atheist) think I know more than most? More than people so convinced of their religious doctrine they're willing to die for it? More than fundamentalist believers witholding medical care from their dying children because god will save them anyway?

...and I know you'll probably not be able to comprehend this, but the paragraph above is only directed towards your hyperbolic statement about a group of people I'm a part of, nothing else. I didn't even say such actions are objectively wrong. It's just meant to show how useless your comments are. There are plenty of people who are far beyond the "we don't know shit" stage. Jehova's witnesses aren't warning people that the apocalypse is near? Jewish people aren't convinced that Yahweh wants them to circumcize their little boys? Christians aren't convinced that there's objective truth in their holy book?

Are you kidding me? There are literally millions of people in the United States that think they specifically know how the f*cking universe was created by their god. They're convinced to know his exact thoughts, personality and plans for the future down to the individual level. And by talking to him, they can influence the laws of the universe. Been raised Christian myself, so I kinda know what I'm talking about. And looking at all the religious dogmatism...you're telling me "the atheist" pretends to know know more than all the religious people? Are you high?

For the most part however we don't walk a-round thinking in our heads "ha ha I know more than you do ... har har I know more than you do"
    I like the "we" part. Shows real modesty to feel qualified to speak for other people.

So as I said...completely useless post. Try again.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 12-26-2013 at 09:05 PM.

I said none of us know a damn thing. Still, none of us know a damn thing, so by me acknowledging I myself don't know a damn thing (as well as you, you sir don't know shit) be content in knowing I don't know a damn thing. Move on, get over it. Find something else to do. No need to be so offended (didn't I say atheists get wayyyyyy upset at times like this? yep I called it). You can't just be content in knowing you don't know shit. You have to argue as an attempt to prove to yourself you know something. This is the atheist's calling card.

This is the atheist's calling card.
    And another generalization. Is that how you look at the world surrounding you? By putting labels on a few million people? Pathetic. I know many religious people, half of my family are Christian. And I can have decent conversations with them, even though we fundamentally disagree about the issue. You on the other hand are just embarrassing yourself. Seriously, are you drunk? Or maybe the topic is simply over your head. So maybe you could educate yourself a bit?

Love your enemies and turn the other cheek, an evil doctrine? "otherwise they wouldn't be my enemies" and "OK if you want to die" is taking things out of context and making yourself seem shallow-minded and lacking basic intelligence - which I thought was the exact opposite of what being an atheist is all about.

I thought you guys were all about demonstrating your intellect prowess!

*flexes muscles*

Here's the truth. As an atheist, you honestly don't know shit. I (whom isn't an atheist) don't know shit. The next man who is neither atheist or not doesn't know shit. As long as we can all accept that fact we'd be fine. Unfortunately, more than all other religious men, the atheist thinks he knows more than most, and to think or tell them otherwise is blasphemy in their mind. Sometimes the truth is just difficult to deal with.

Question: If you don't know shit(like you say yourself), why is it that you choose to believe the stories of jesus and god?

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    And another generalization. Is that how you look at the world surrounding you? By putting labels on a few million people? Pathetic. I know many religious people, half of my family are Christian. And I can have decent conversations with them, even though we fundamentally disagree about the issue. You on the other hand are just embarrassing yourself. Seriously, are you drunk? Or maybe the topic is simply over your head. So maybe you could educate yourself a bit?
    You sound pretty mad. I called it. It never fails.

lol @ Josh ripping my tactics off. This guy ****in' serious?

Can't beat em, join em.

Monkey see Monkey do.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Question: If you don't know shit(like you say yourself), why is it that you choose to believe the stories of jesus and god?
    I believe them to be true. I don't know if they are. It's my faith. I'm assuming you're atheist, so your faith would be you believe in nothing. You believe nothing came from something. Damn, that takes a lot of faith.

You're a very faithful person! God would be proud if you switched sides and demonstrated that level of faith towards Him - but no - you'd rather believe we somehow created ourselves, without purpose, without meaning. That's faith.

I'm assuming you're atheist, so your faith would be you believe in nothing. You believe nothing came from something.
    Wrong. Atheism just means the rejection of any positive statement about the existence of a personal deity. I could believe in plenty other things, with the one exception being deities.

Also, being atheistic (I prefer non-theistic though because it's less ambiguous) doesn't necessarily imply a specific belief about the origin of the universe and stuff like that. Once again, regarding this topic I could believe whatever the hell I want, as long as it doesn't include any kind of deity.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 12-26-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Not sure why you're wasting your time arguing with LOJ.