Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: obamacare question

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    "family friends and a strong community"

what an idiot. you have no idea how a governed society should work. your words are fancy but you have no idea what you are talking about.
    He's a hardcore Libertarian.

"If the free market wants public schools and paved roads, they'd provide them!!"

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

And personally speaking, nobody spoon-feeds me anything. I make my own bucks and I'm glad to pay a little extra in taxes/whatever if that means someone less fortunate than me might have a chance to succeed in this world. So seriously, what is your problem with me in particular?
    Those dollars would statistically go a lot farther if they remained in your pocket until you gave them directly to a particular cause. Laundering a dollar through the government so that five cents of it comes out the other side in a welfare check for someone who's probably coasting unnecessarily off the system anyway is never good for anyone.

But by all means, if you like expensive wars and whatnot, pay as much in taxes as you like.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    What the **** are you talking about?

That's literally just a nonsense Fox News talking point.

The law is passed now. So, what is your beef with it? Let's ditch the talking points. What specifically do you not like about it? The fact that millions of people will now have health care that didn't before? That annoys you?

And personally speaking, nobody spoon-feeds me anything. I make my own bucks and I'm glad to pay a little extra in taxes/whatever if that means someone less fortunate than me might have a chance to succeed in this world. So seriously, what is your problem with me in particular?
    it's probably the possibility of giving away any advantage the government had onto a system that has demonstrated all over the world for the fact that an aging population can truly cripple the country. as well as the possibility that the system itself contributes to the large amount of aging population instead of an admament amount of child birth.