Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Can we ever see someone who likes both Kobe and LeBron?

Used to. I used to like LeBron. Then I started hating LeBron when he left Cleveland the way he did (not a bitter Knicks fan, I never thought he was coming). But then rooting against LeBron got boring and tedious. It was also pointless because he is too good to not get his.

So right now I like Kobe and am pretty indifferent about LeBron. I actually rooted for the Heat over the Spurs last year because I don't really like the Spurs and was sick of the "LeBron has a 1/2 ring" crap. And why not root to be able to say you witnessed one of the greatest to ever play? Getting more rings will only prove that LeBron is a top five player of all time.

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

I enjoy watching both. I hate them when they're playing against the Celtics. There are plenty of people that enjoy watching both players, the trolls and stans just have bigger mouths.

The media and sports writers love to create bullshit "rivalries," and fans eat it up. I'm sure most people who are fans of the sport like both, they're just not as loud and obnoxious as the stans.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

I like them both, I just prefer players that play like they have a chip on their shoulder every game even when they are clearly superior to their competition.

Lebron seems afraid to fail sometimes, and I hate that.

I'd rather see a 18-19 year old Kobe Bryant with enough confidence and courage to attempt and airball multiple game winners against the Jazz in the playoffs with an all star Eddie Jones & prime Shaq on his team than watch Lebron in the 2010 ECF or the 2011 finals
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 12-25-2013 at 10:25 PM.

When it comes to Laker fans, I think fpliii and I are the most neutral there are.

Also, has anyone noticed how Bill Simmon's Kobe hate seeps into most of their NBA articles whenever Kobe comes up, even if Simmons doesn't write them? I think there was ONE article that said something nice about him.

Probably still pissed about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgoV5u2WWJs

All Through Your Body Illuminati's Avatar

Kobe? Yes, we've seen the likes of him before, and most likely will in the future. LeBron? A 6'8 260lb beast of an athlete that can play and defend 1-4 positions and occasionally play and defend the 5th position. Score, playmake, defend, rebound, do it all at a high level. Who knows we may see another LeBron, but I doubt at 6'8 260.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

There's nothing worse than a player only fan who hates another player for dumb reasons. If this is you than you're an asshole. And you have no argument whatsoever.

I don't like either, but sometimes I enjoy(ed) watching Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    Kobe? Yes, we've seen the likes of him before, and most likely will in the future. LeBron? A 6'8 260lb beast of an athlete that can play and defend 1-4 positions and occasionally play and defend the 5th position. Score, playmake, defend, rebound, do it all at a high level. Who knows we may see another LeBron, but I doubt at 6'8 260.
    All that, yet can't perform in the 4th, disappears, and needs a stacked team to win.

You could respect, enjoy & not hate both, many do... i do.... but liking both of their mindsets equally much is very hard as both are opposite, two acquired tastes....

Its just like two players playing two FPS games that are vastly different in approach & apparatus... which inevitably draws two different audiences...

Kobe is more like Call of Duty... guns blazing trying to be the hero, teamplay is less essential, it does one thing all the time and does it very well...

Lebron is more like Battlefield.... versatility & uniqueness, as you can do much more than any other game out there and has a more factual & clever approach where team play is much more essential, it does more all the time and does it very well...
    Last edited by pauk; 12-25-2013 at 10:35 PM.

I like both guys. The whole "I don't like their fans" is pretty dumb in my opinion. Don't let a few trolls paint you a picture of the whole fan base. I have a lot of friends that love Kobe, but they also appreciate what LeBron has brought to this league. I bet even the biggest Kobe or LeBron hater on this board would get excited if they ever ran into them. Also, a lot of us make the mistake of taking constructive criticism of our favorite players as hating.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    You could respect, enjoy & not hate both, many do... i do.... but liking both of their mindsets equally much is very hard as both are opposite, two acquired tastes....

Its just like two players playing two FPS games that are vastly different in approach & apparatus... which inevitably draws two different audiences...

Kobe is more like Call of Duty... guns blazing trying to be the hero, teamplay is less essential, it does one thing all the time and does it very well...

Lebron is more like Battlefield.... versatility & uniqueness, as you can do much more than any other game out there and has a more factual & clever approach where team play is much more essential, it does more all the time and does it very well...
    Interesting comparison

i've grown some respect for bran over the years, he brought fans which had no clue what a basketball was to watch the nba, a remarkable feat, specially when u consider they still have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    i've grown some respect for bran over the years, he brought fans which had no clue what a basketball was to watch the nba, a remarkable feat, specially when u consider they still have no clue