Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Can we ever see someone who likes both Kobe and LeBron?

I like Kobe, can't stand his fans though.

Stupid Lebron fans are the result of Kobe fans trying to discredit Lebron to prop up Kobe. Not sure why bron fans go so far to defend him sometimes when they can just ignore the stupid comments, but in the end it doesn't matter because Lebron is clearly the best player in the league and has been for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by redboy
    it's rare because kobe represents the old school, skilled type of player who isn't buddy buddy with everyone else. he knows that he can turn it on at any moment, but misses tons of shots in doing so. thus, to the statistic nerds and to many viewers, he's an "inefficient ballhog" lebron represents the new school, efficient kind of player that will always make the right decision to find a teammate. he's an amazing player and has amazing court vision but as a result of his efficiency, he will often shy away from taking the last shot, which is seen as a superstar trait by old school fans. both kobe and lebron are incredible players, but they appeal to different crowds of viewers. their games are polar opposites of each other, attracting different people. it also doesn't help that both players have some of the worst fans known to man
    It's actually LeBron who is the old school type of player of the two. Kobe is the new school "wanna be like Mike" type of player that is finally fading away. LeBron is the pre-Jordan era type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    I enjoy watching Kobe play, I like his game. Idk something about Lebron's game that doesn't appeal to me. I respect the guy and he is a great player, it's just if it were between watching Kobe play and Lebron play, I would rather watch Kobe. No hate, just personal preference.
    Same here, it's not even the overpowering of opponents as I loved watching Shaq. His movements just don't seem natural. His turnaround fadeaway has been great since '12, but it looks totally weird.

Quote Originally Posted by redboy
    it's rare because kobe represents the old school, skilled type of player who isn't buddy buddy with everyone else. he knows that he can turn it on at any moment, but misses tons of shots in doing so. thus, to the statistic nerds and to many viewers, he's an "inefficient ballhog" lebron represents the new school, efficient kind of player that will always make the right decision to find a teammate. he's an amazing player and has amazing court vision but as a result of his efficiency, he will often shy away from taking the last shot, which is seen as a superstar trait by old school fans. both kobe and lebron are incredible players, but they appeal to different crowds of viewers. their games are polar opposites of each other, attracting different people. it also doesn't help that both players have some of the worst fans known to man
    Had to doublecheck if this post is from '11.
    Seen Kobe with Wade and Lebron yesterday?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I don't hate the guy, but I dislike his annoying fanbase.
    Then why the fu*k would you use his name as your screen name?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It's actually LeBron who is the old school type of player of the two. Kobe is the new school "wanna be like Mike" type of player that is finally fading away. LeBron is the pre-Jordan era type of player.

Serious playground baller crunk-juice's Avatar

don't really care for either, but tremendously respect both of their games

I'd probably go with LeBron if I had a gun to my head, despite being a Pacers fan. but I don't feel strongly about it at all

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Subtle troll... your best in months.

I am a fan of greatness so I like both Kobe and Lebron. I find worshipping stans annoying though.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

The buddy-buddy thing gets a little exaggerated IMO. Yeah maybe players are friendlier now, growing up playing in the AAUs, or we just hear about it more because of social media and people posting on twitter or whatever.

Russell and Chamberlain were good friends until they had a falling out when Russell implied that Wilt quit in the 69' Finals, when it was the coach who refused to put him back in. They used to eat dinner frequently at Russell's house when Wilt's teams would come to play in Boston.

Some guys like Laimbeer and Bird couldn't be overly friendly with opponents (Mahorn said he was actually hurt that Laimbeer cut contact with him once Detroit let Rick go), and Riley didn't like his players hanging out with guys on other teams. But Magic was close friends with Mark Aguirre. Before their falling out, he was close with Isiah and they used to make out before on the court before their finals games. Isiah and Aguirre were close friends. Magic was also friends with DJ, but they stopped hanging out once DJ went to Boston. Dr. J invited Magic to workout with him before Magic's first year and was an advisor of sorts.

Jordan was good friends with Barkley and Ewing.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

In reality, not message boards, but real life, plenty of people like both players. I like both players, which is to say I like watching them play. All of that "alpha" and "beta" and that other crap is for the birds. I have no interest in evaluating NBA players personalities.