Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: So lebron didnt get a technical for hanging on the rim for 10 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    So basically everyone here is saying that the NBA is fixed? I mean if the refs won't call a clear penalty against a player simply because he is a star, then that means that the refs have been instructed to call the game in a certain way.

If Peyton Manning took off his helmet on the field, or made a tackle after an interception and pulled the facemask, he wouldn't get called?
    you mad? i wish Lebron hung on that rim for the whole timeout just to see you guys rant

Default Re: So lebron didnt get a technical for hanging on the rim for 10 seconds?

Same thing with the fact he never fouls anyone unless he rip their arms off.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    Is this assault and battery or attempted murder?
    It's called friendship...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    Did anybody see that earlier today? I know I'm kind of late but still...just because he is a "super" star doesn't mean he gets treated differently....if that was Jodi Meeks who did that...that would have been a technical.......
    The real question is why your dumb ass didn't take a minute to read the rulebook and realize that hanging on the rim is a delay of game penalty and you can't delay a game during a timeout.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Is all of you who claim that should have been a technical as dumb as you look.Wow

You cant delay a game during a timeout.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Any takers on guessing how many more people are going to come into this thread stating it's due to a timeout? I say at least another page full.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Is all of you who claim that should have been a technical as dumb as you look.Wow

You cant delay a game during a timeout.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The hanging on the rim technical has nothing to do with a delay of game.

The official rule says:

An offensive player that deliberately hangs on his basket, ring, net, backboard or support during the game shall be assessed a non-unsportsmanlike technical foul, and a $500 fine.
    http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/me...-Rule-Book.pdf

page 40

The gray area would be is timeout time "during the game".

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said
    Any takers on guessing how many more people are going to come into this thread stating it's due to a timeout? I say at least another page full.
    you mean it was a timeout?

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He was hanging on the rim like when Marlo Stanfield stole some lollipops from that store. They both knew that the refs/security guard wouldn't do chit about it.

College superstar

No he did not get a technical.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

unsportsmanlike technicals carry the same weight during a official timeout as they do during game play. he should have been assessed a technical. he was not. maybe the refs just didn't notice as they were going to confer with each other on something. didn't impact the game nearly as much as Gasol's complete lack of defensive effort and the Lakers missed FTs. Lakers should have won that game, damn shame, the guys really gave a great effort.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Someone lelbron this up:

Banned

Meh, it was christmas day. Let him have fun.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Meh, it was christmas day. Let him have fun.
    Thats what I'm saying....Who cares? Some of these dudes are so emotional over their love/hate for certain players. He was just hanging. Its not like he was taunting the crowd or making some kind of disrespectful gestures..He just felt like hanging there and I'm not even sure it was 10 seconds...But anyway, who cares?