Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2nd All-Star Ballot Returns

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    He's definitely an all star, but both Hibbert and George deserve to be starting
    Agreed. Should be Wade-George-Bron-Melo-Hibbert starting imo but unfortunately the way the fan voting is, this isn't going to happen. Should be some fun small ball for the East to start though.

DeMar cracking the top 10

Lin haha!

Lilliard should have more votes though

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Lol, even Ray Ray might make it
    Bro.. Uh.. No. Just no.

1. LeBron James (Mia) 854,105
    1. Kevin Durant (OKC) 850,728

Anyone else surprised by this? I know Durant's the second best player in the league and all, I just didn't expect him to be so close to LeBron in voting. I was still under the impression LeBron was still quite a bit more popular and recognizable in the US and worldwide.

Kobe better opt out if he's healthy. Curry deserves that starting spot.

am i the only person who thinks lin gets voted in every year but the nba just lies about how many votes he really gets from asia

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Never said I agreed with it dude, it's a stupid way to vote for an exhibition game, but that's the NBA for ya. LeBron at C in the all-star game will just push his supposed "GOAT status".

And about Kyrie not deserving it, what guard in the East does? 22/6/3 (albeit with only 41% shooting so far) with an improved defense, career high in assist-turnover ratio when he already made it last year. I don't exactly have a problem with it, maybe Wall deserves a mention but that's about it.
    Kyrie has been playing All-Star level basketball for the last month or so. He deserves a spot.

Whether or not he deserves to start? That's debatable, but who really cares?

His December averages are off the charts...

27 points on 47+% FG, 38+% 3PT, 95% FT
    7 assists
    1.3 steals
    2.3 turnovers

Include his much improved attention to defense and it would be a snub if he weren't in the game.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 12-26-2013 at 07:03 PM.

College star

Paul George edging Melo in votes right now, maybe he'll get the well deserved start?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

Anyone else surprised by this? I know Durant's the second best player in the league and all, I just didn't expect him to be so close to LeBron in voting. I was still under the impression LeBron was still quite a bit more popular and recognizable in the US and worldwide.
    Well, LeBron is certainly more hated and thus would get less votes because of it. Being famous isn't always correlated with being popular.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Kyrie has been playing All-Star level basketball for the last month or so. He deserves a spot..
    Stop. Kyrie is bad now. He's just cancer. That last two seasons were fluke seasons. This stretch is also a fluke stretch. If his numbers line up or are better than previous years, it's just another fluke season. Nothing to see here.

NBA rookie of the year

A lot of people hate Lebron for that Cleveland publicity stunt. And just in general dude is a giant dueche bag.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Kyrie has been playing All-Star level basketball for the last month or so. He deserves a spot.

Whether or not he deserves to start? That's debatable, but who really cares?

His December averages are off the charts...

27 points on 47+% FG, 38+% 3PT, 95% FT
    7 assists
    1.3 steals
    2.3 turnovers

Include his much improved attention to defense and it would be a snub if he weren't in the game.
    The only reason he makes it is because there's really no competition in the backcourt of the East.

Turner and Teague should be the starters by production. Then you got guys like Lowry, Stephenson and Affalo all of whom have been consistent all year. You can't just ignore that and give it to the guy who's had one hot month.

NBA rookie of the year

At least Nash has played a few games this year. Either way, it's not a big deal. Obviously both are popular enough that some casual fans are still going to vote for them, but neither one will make it. That type of stuff doesn't bother me. It's when players who barely play because they're injured most of the year get voted in as a starter which is what's going to happen with Kobe.
    Kobe's played just as many games as Nash has. The only problem you have with that is he's Kobe. Quit hating.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    The only reason he makes it is because there's really no competition in the backcourt of the East.

Turner and Teague should be the starters by production. Then you got guys like Lowry, Stephenson and Affalo all of whom have been consistent all year. You can't just ignore that and give it to the guy who's had one hot month.
    There have only been two months in the season, though.

When you take that into consideration, "one hot month" is pretty damn important. Otherwise, you'd be putting too much emphasis on one below average month, right?

Teague doesn't have much of an argument outside of being on the better team. He's averaging far less points on worse efficiency. He is averaging 2 more assists per game, but also more turnovers.

You can argue Turner if you want, but their numbers are very comparable and Kyrie has actually led his team to a better record.

Again, Irving has been playing All-Star level basketball for a good portion of the season. He deserves a spot.

that uncle drew commercial did wonders for kyrie.. now he will probably get voted in for life regardless of his play or his team's play..