Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: 2nd All-Star Ballot Returns

I can see Lebron stealing the ball a couple of times from Dwight leading to claims that he can guard all 5 positions.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    that uncle drew commercial did wonders for kyrie.. now he will probably get voted in for life regardless of his play or his team's play..
    If anything, his increased exposure has hindered him in the way he's evaluated and the expectations now in place.

Here's the simple truth... The Cavs have doubled their wins from the same point in the season a year ago. There has been a significant improvement. And, they are still the second youngest roster in the entire NBA.

Meanwhile, Kyrie is putting up more than respectable numbers, averaging over 21 points per game, along with his best assist/turnover ratio in his career and his best season defensively by a pretty wide margin. His scoring efficiency is down, but I'd say the other stuff may outweigh that end of his game... And, as I said, he has been one of the best players in the league through December, so he's trending in the right direction.

It seems that people who don't watch certain players on a consistent basis tend to go with whatever was happening at the start of the season. Kyrie started off the year very poorly, but has since righted the ship and is playing consistently well at this stage.

Meanwhile, the Cavs have improved as a team by a large margin.

Yet, there is this expectation that, at 21, he and his team have to be on par with the biggest superstars in the league or he's a disappointment.

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Kobe's played just as many games as Nash has. The only problem you have with that is he's Kobe. Quit hating.
    No, I don't give a shit about Nash because he's nowhere close to even sniffing a starting spot. Kobe is. I'm pretty sure I made that clear in my post but, then again, reading comprehension isn't something a lot of Kobe fanboys posses although it's a very basic life skill.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

I feel like LeBron should have more votes. Paul George just exploded on the scene this year and already is nearing him in votes. Kevin Durant is about to eclipse LeBron too. I say it's "surprising" because LeBron is a two-time champion and has so much more exposure than the other two players. Hmm, oh well.

Chuck is right then, Heat fans are faker than a three dollar bill.