Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: What do you have to lose if you love God?

Quote Originally Posted by gts

Both sides rely way to much on the past works of others and avoid speaking from the heart
    I'm not a genius. I am a student. I study the greats and use their platform as the basis of my arguments, hence why I can speak with an air of confidence since I've done my homework and I know for damn sure a regular poster can't possibly be as great as Kant, Planck, Berkeley, Wheeler, etc.

I don't claim any credit; I give it where it is due. What these posters don't realize when they try to counter my claim is they are not arguing with me, they are arguing against some of the best minds that ever lived.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I'm not a genius. I am a student. I study the greats and use their platform as the basis of my arguments, hence why I can speak with an air of confidence since I've done my homework and I know for damn sure a regular poster can't possibly be as great as Kant, Planck, Berkeley, Wheeler, etc.

I don't claim any credit; I give it where it is due. What these posters don't realize when they try to counter my claim is they are not arguing with me, they are arguing against some of the best minds that ever lived.
    Holy shit dude, you're a huge douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    Holy shit dude, you're a huge douche.
    Explain your reasons why you think this. This truly hurts my feelings.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

But then again, for every Berkeley there is a Russell, or, to make things more interesting, I could take Planck's quote of "a conscious and intelligent mind" and apply that to an extreme form of solipsism, with the aforementioned "mind" being my own subconscious and the concept of other minds just being something that had arisen from my own subconscious, with nothing really existing except my own mind (including others or even a creator). In that case, my everyday interactions with other people would just be ideas and conceptualizations, my own thoughts composing my *true* and complete reality.

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman
    But then again, for every Berkeley there is a Russell, or, to make things more interesting, I could take Planck's quote of "a conscious and intelligent mind" and apply that to an extreme form of solipsism, with the aforementioned "mind" being my own subconscious and the concept of other minds just being something that had arisen from my own subconscious, with nothing really existing except my own mind (including others or even a creator). In that case, my everyday interactions with other people would just be ideas and conceptualizations, my own thoughts composing my *true* and complete reality.
    The beauty of Kant is his ability to combine Science and the mind.

To him, Science is real. There is a universe apart of us, but this universe is not a world of matter, but rather a field of energy. It is seperate from us; we take the raw energies to formulate our perception of reality. Although the brain creates our reality, it can't exist without the energies that surround us.

Solipsism and Berkeley only takes into consideration the aspects of the mind, but the truth is we live in a dualistic reality. Science is just as important as philosophy. Science looks for the concrete while Philosophy looks at the bigger picture: you need both to have a fully developed mind.

To answer the OP, I don't make every decision in my life in the hopes of optimizing its outcome for me. Loving God sounds like a lot of effort that would be better used elsewhere.

Decent playground baller Lonely_Sandberg's Avatar

Oh yeah, God is here! God is everywhere. He walks with me through sunshine and rain. He protects me from temptation. He is my life.