Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default trades that the Lakers turned down

Looking at the state of the Lakers this year it's just mind boggling that the Lakers turned down a Gasol for Rondo and a Gasol for Josh smith which I believe that both deals would of kept Dwight a Laker....can you imagine a Rondo Kobe Dwight big 3.....but now a days they are talking about Gasol for Bynum....Lakers front office has made some really bad decisions the last 2 years.

Default Re: trades that the Lakers turned down

We should of gotten CP3 (F**k you David stern). Dwight, Kobe, CP3 = New dynasty, means kobe doesn't play excessive minutes, doesn't get injured and is able to perform in play-offs leading the Lakers over the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankstar
    We should of gotten CP3 (F**k you David stern). Dwight, Kobe, CP3 = New dynasty, means kobe doesn't play excessive minutes, doesn't get injured and is able to perform in play-offs leading the Lakers over the heat.
    I posted this before and ill repeat what you said

that blocked trade by that retard ruined the lakers. If Chris Paul would have gone to where he wanted to (He threw a bitch fit once it got shot down, of course now he shows pride in being a clipper in the long haul lol), the Lakers would have dominated this decade just as most of the last.

CP3 = No injured Kobe = Dwight Stays = Lamar odom doesn't start doing coke = Better Coach hired

Dont matter though, Lakers will find a way back as always
    Last edited by talkingconch; 12-31-2013 at 11:27 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

You guys are retards for thinking CP3 and Kobe would be able to play together. Also, how does CP3 arrival mean Kobe doesn't get injured? There is absolutely no way to prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Also, how does CP3 arrival mean Kobe doesn't get injured?
    Less minutes played = less odds of injury. Coming into the night Kobe tore his Achilles' tendon, dude had been playing 40+ minutes for several games in a row.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-B
    Looking at the state of the Lakers this year it's just mind boggling that the Lakers turned down a Gasol for Rondo and a Gasol for Josh smith which I believe that both deals would of kept Dwight a Laker....can you imagine a Rondo Kobe Dwight big 3.....but now a days they are talking about Gasol for Bynum....Lakers front office has made some really bad decisions the last 2 years.

Don't confuse what the media tells you with what is actually true... 90% of that is the media making something out of nothing. Teams talk all the time, toss ideas around but it doesn't mean they are actually negotiating a trade... I'm a firm believer that most of this is leaked from various sources to further their own agenda. Players agents, teams wanting to put pressure on other teams or teams wanting to put pressure on the players themselves...

Dwight sucks though. Laker fans are glad hes gone. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

He can be a competent piece to a championship contender. A good 2nd/3rd option scoring and defensive anchor with rebounding is where he should stay and I am willing to admit that. he was never suited to all the hype of being a superstar or a legit 1a or 1b scoring option on a contender. I think his outrages demands and locker room poison was based on the hype, if we have CP3 and Kobe we could put Dwight in his place and he would settle down and do the stuff he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch

that blocked trade by that retard ruined the lakers. If Chris Paul would have gone to where he wanted to (He threw a bitch fit once it got shot down, of course now he shows pride in being a clipper in the long haul lol), the Lakers would have dominated this decade just as most of the last.

CP3 = No injured Kobe = Dwight Stays = Lamar odom doesn't start doing coke = Better Coach hired

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Less minutes played = less odds of injury. Coming into the night Kobe tore his Achilles' tendon, dude had been playing 40+ minutes for several games in a row.
    by playing less mins...he would rest more and not play 48mins

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-B
    lakers were never offered Rondo for Gasol.

I am still ok with them not doing the Josh Smith trade cause with the extension you rot in mediocrity

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Yes. It would have been nice to have Rondo or Paul, but I doubt either would have made a difference to Dwight. The dude is mentally weak and would have ended up sabotaging any kind of team chemistry they had eventually.

lol, whatever happened, you were never gonna be able to keep Dwight. the guy hates Kobe. for some reason, he's ok with being second fiddle to Harden.

Decent playground baller redboy's Avatar

dwight's easy going personality doesn't fit a large market like la. he'll thrives and plays better when he isn't constantly under the microscope. it doesn't help that he hated d'antoni and kobe and wanted a larger role while being unable to produce in the post last year

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch

Lets be real, CP3 doesn't guarantee shit. He's had some epic disappearing acts in the playoffs (Just 13 PPG vs the Spurs 2 years ago..?) and the Dwight/Kobe experiment didn't really work out that great. Kobe holds his teammates to high standards and Dwight was too bitchmade to handle that. My estimation is CP3 would have been too. The West likely would have still ran through OKC.

That being said, it was beyond stupid for Stern to veto a trade that all parties agreed to and just simply cite his bullshit "basketball reasons" as the reason why. It's not like they really got a better deal anyways. Eric Gordon on the max contract isn't ideal. The Hornets GM had to feel ****ing powerless after the commissioner of the damn NBA vetoed a deal he got to happen, he knew then he was basically working for and to appease Stern.

Stern is a scumbag.

/end rant