Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Steph Curry > Chris Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Is this the reason why they always tell you to STFU? I always felt like it was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Is this the reason why they always tell you to STFU? I always felt like it was uncalled for.

I doubt it. I can have my own opinion.

High School Starter

Honestly both are awesome this season, I'd pick cp but if someone chose curry could respect that no need for hate just happy to watch imo the two best point guards in the game I'll say this season coz it changes from year to year

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

CP3 has half the talent around him that Curry has and has them playing at a higher level during the regular season while having a better season himself in terms of numbers and impact.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
    Honestly both are awesome this season, I'd pick cp but if someone chose curry could respect that no need for hate just happy to watch imo the two best point guards in the game I'll say this season coz it changes from year to year

thank you, happy ny. We all have our own opinions and rightfully so.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

CP3 can defend Curry cant
    Curry can only shoot 3's better thats it
    CP3 does EVERYTHING else better cmon guys

College superstar

If my intention is only making a case for Steph Curry over CP3 and not taking my personal opinion in consideration, this is how it would go:

Very few point guards in the history of the NBA have been able to win championships as the best player on their team. It rarely happens.

In today's league, the best teams have multiple perimeter players that can create for others. Many times, the best teams don't even have traditional point guards. The Lakers with DFish, Miami with Chalmers, Indiana with George Hill... etc.

Chris Paul's main strength is his ability to create for others. If you have another player like Lebron James on the team, Chris Paul isn't a great off-ball player and one would take away from the other.

On the other hand, if you paired Lebron with Curry, you've got an incredibly deadly duo. Curry isn't a slouch on passing and he just might be the best point guard in the league at playing off the ball.

CP3 gets a lot of hate here. He's a top 5 player in the L, he's head and shoulders above all PG's.
    Curry barely manage to get in my top 5 PGs.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    CP3 can defend Curry cant
    Curry can only shoot 3's better thats it
    CP3 does EVERYTHING else better cmon guys
    Curry is actually quite a good defender, he's not as good on CP3 on defense, but he is a good defender. Curry is a big guard and he positions himself well on defense and clearly gives some point guards trouble.

Curry doesn't "only shoot 3's better". He plays off the ball much better than CP3 because that's what he had to do for half of his career.

The only possible argument you could make for Curry over CP3 is that a team with CP3 as the primary option won't win a championship as PG's generally don't.

A Curry led team team won't win a championship either... but Curry would be a better 2nd option on a championship team than CP3 IMO.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Curry is the season leader on turnovers at 124.

I'd take CP3 over Curry any day. I'd give up the shooting if it comes with someone so turnover prone.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by grantz
    Curry is the season leader on turnovers at 124.

I'd take CP3 over Curry any day. I'd give up the shooting if it comes with someone so turnover prone.
    Pretty sure everyone would take CP3 over Curry.

The only instance in which I wouldn't is if I were pairing one of the two PG's with someone like Lebron or Durant who can create for others as well as play off the ball. Curry would be such a deadly pairing with either of those two.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    ....Make the case..
    The only case is you. You're a nutcase.

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    Yea but its not like CP3 is a bad shooter, he is a good shooter just not as great as Steph. He can create his shot off the dribble better than he can, also sets his teammates up for good shots better than Steph, also a much better defender.. he can find more ways to win the game basically.
    This. Add in the fact that CP3's BBIQ is skyhigh, he makes few mistakes and doesn't commit many turnovers despite handling the ball most of the game.

Watching CP3 really is watching greatness. He knows the right way to play and consistently does things to give his team a chance to win be it a crucial late game steal, game winning shot or dissecting the defense to find an open teammate. He reminds me of Duncan in that he doesn't care about his stats or being the hero, he just does everything he can to win.

He is brilliant.

Local High School Star

Curry can take over the game with his scoring ability.

CP3 stat padding assist and playing passive makes him a loser as he doesn't have what it takes to take over the game like Westbrook, Curry and other PG who can dominate the game scoring wise.