Thread: 'Girls' on HBO

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default 'Girls' on HBO

It's got quite a bit of critical acclaim.

Worth watching? I've heard it's raunchy. Any of the cast members look sexy while getting plowed?

Default Re: 'Girls' on HBO

Jemima Kirke is goodlooking.

Shame that she isn't the one getting naked most of the time.

I find 'Sex and the City' to be an addictive watch and have seen comparisons drawn between the two, but it sounds like S&TC has richer and more dynamic characters.

Banned

it sucks so bad. I checked it out cus the chick who wrote it got compared to woody allen but its like a hipster bullshit version of sex and the city starring a fat ugly chick who gets her t*ts out every 5 minutes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Woody Allen is the type of shit you'd call hipster bullshit. How did it not deliver on the promise?

You cannot go into something expecting Woody Allen and then come out and say it's Hipster BS. You just can't.
    woody allen is a genius, GOAT American filmmaker.

Woody Allen isn't hipster bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    it sucks so bad. I checked it out cus the chick who wrote it got compared to woody allen but its like a hipster bullshit version of sex and the city starring a fat ugly chick who gets her t*ts out every 5 minutes.
    How many episodes did you watch before you gave up on it?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I tried avoiding that cliche comparison, but if you like S&tC, definitely go for it. It's absolutely a better produced show, from my limited experience with both. GIRLS, to me, seems a lot more realistic and the production value is a lot greater.
    How many episodes do you watch before you gave up on it?

NBA rookie of the year

Its a show that was made for women.

It has very little appeal for men. None of the women that get naked are attractive.

Jean-Luc Godard is the granddaddy of all hipsters. And, I don't say that derogatorily. His style was years ahead of its time and definitely fresh. All of today's "hipsters" who attempt to emulate his films' iconic wardrobes and mode of expression fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Its a show that was made for women.

It has very little appeal for men. None of the women that get naked are attractive.
    S&TC was made for women and has an even less attractive cast overall when pitted against 'Girls'.

Good writing and competent, artful filmmaking should have appeal for both men and women.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    S&TC was made for women and has an even less attractive cast overall when pitted against 'Girls'.

Good writing and competent, artful filmmaking should have appeal for both men and women.
    Girls isnt good writing.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I've watched it mostly because it's been on in a sequence of shows I actually watch. But it's still had a few moments. Even when it's not good it can be weirdly interesting.

NBC Newsman Brian Williams is hot. But she was horribly unlikable, then jumped to sympathetic. Shoshanna is too weird. The hippie chick is too weird. The crazy boyfriend Adam had a few moments, but overall is too weird. And the hot girls boyfriend is too pathetic even by my account. The only character I like is the miserable Ray.

But it has had moments. Watching Adam's warped sexuality is like rubber necking a car accident.