Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: If anyone is thinking about coming to Brazil for World Cup

it's a perfect analogy...both events draw in top$...not trying to compare soccer to the NFL, just comparing the situation of renting out a home for a sporting event

Dunking on everybody in the park

Its a question of supply and demand, a lot more people travel to see the World Cup than to see the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by B-hoop
    Its a question of supply and demand, a lot more people travel to see the World Cup than to see the Super Bowl.

it's a question of money

Super Bowl tops Forbes' most valuable brands

The world's most popular sport may be soccer, but in cold, hard dollars, nobody throws a party like the National Football League.

The NFL's Super Bowl tops Forbes' first list of the world's most valuable sporting events brands, worth $379 million. Following the Super Bowl were the Summer Olympics ($176 million) and soccer's World Cup ($103 million).
    SB might happen more often, and might not have as many fans because it is just the US, however it STILL brings in more money and the city that gets to host it rakes in millions of dollars

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

it's a question of money

Super Bowl tops Forbes' most valuable brands

SB might happen more often, and might not have as many fans because it is just the US, however it STILL brings in more money and the city that gets to host it rakes in millions of dollars
    Sorry, p.tiddy, but I can't believe that. There's no way in hell the Super Bowl gererates more money than the World Cup. The link you posted say this: "We then divided this amount by the number of days of competition". See? It looks like this criteria was made to have the Super Bowl as number one.

The World Cup Draw has almost 3 times the audience of the Super Bowl worldwide. The World Cup is just so much bigger than the Super Bowl. I repeat that I can't believe it does not more generate more money. I mean, an ad in the world cup final football field will be seen by almost one billion people in the entire world...

really, I didn't want to create a SB vs WC debate...both bring in top $$$...the comparison was legit...people pay big $$$ to go to both events

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

really, I didn't want to create a SB vs WC debate...both bring in top $$$...the comparison was legit...people pay big $$$ to go to both events
    Fair enough.

PS: There's no debate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Amnt renting but how much are tickets to all those matches. Just curious.
    Ranging from 90$ (worst place, group rounds) to 990$ (best place, finals). Thats for internationals, for brazilians its a bit cheaper.

SB tickets this year were going for $2k - $10k depending on the seats, and as much as $500k for luxury suites

just sayin

I didn't include private boxes which are around that price (10k$), also there are 63 games in the World Cup compared to 1 in the Super Bowl...

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-hoop
    What city do you want to go to? You want to follow the U.S team? Following one team will be hard and expensive since they play in 3 different cities. And what do you mean by same experience?
    Probably just stay in one city.

All my soccer friends are either too poor and/or dont have a passport currently so yeah, probably not gonna happen. What a fail.

Banned

That cabin was smack in the middle of the "action" though...beautiful views, 5 minutes away from snow skiing, etc...the vacation is in the cabin itself

you're talking about just renting out a home 40 minutes away from some soccer...

that is like me renting out my home here in Dallas when the Super Bowl is here for people to stay here and drive to it...which shouldn't really be that pricey
    I agree and that's why I asked for travel time to the stadium. Not going to go to this WC but I would be tempted if it was 10 or 15 minute drive. I want to party near the stadium and local area.

A 40 minute drive is really away from the party. You don't want to be away but close regardless how nice the house is.

It's already a dangerous country and try being a foreigner trying to convince another foreigner to go 40 minutes away to party somewhere they have no idea where.

Good luck to the OP though.,...

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

That cabin was smack in the middle of the "action" though...beautiful views, 5 minutes away from snow skiing, etc...the vacation is in the cabin itself

you're talking about just renting out a home 40 minutes away from some soccer...

that is like me renting out my home here in Dallas when the Super Bowl is here for people to stay here and drive to it...which shouldn't really be that pricey
    Yeah...only soccer in Brazil. No beautiful beaches. No bodacious beauties.

I would assume lack of snow bunnies in tahoe due to my experiences in Steamboat. Very expensive. Lots of families.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Probably just stay in one city.

All my soccer friends are either too poor and/or dont have a passport currently so yeah, probably not gonna happen. What a fail.
    what? Doesn't getting a passport take like 2 days?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I think Rezznor's going. I also think he already bought your house and your neighbors on either side.

Nice house.