Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default recommend some beer

nothing too exotic, by that i mean beer that can mostly be found in a well stocked liquor store. There's a nice liquor store right down the street that is a pretty good size.

I usually just drink blue moon, I'm not a huge drinker but i want to try something different.

taste isn't all that important as long as it doesn't taste like feces, alch % is also important.

just looking for a 6 pack. Don't care if it's a "manly" drink or not either, but Smirnoff Ice gives me a little bit of a stomach ache

any suggestions

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: recommend some beer

i can't drink more than one blue moon / other wheat beer without feeling like garbage.

if you like wheat beer you should try leinenkugel sunset wheat.

GOAT beer when accounting for calorie to alcohol percentage ratio is miller lite.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Stone IPA

and longboard lager

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i can't drink more than one blue moon / other wheat beer without feeling like garbage.

if you like wheat beer you should try leinenkugel sunset wheat.

GOAT beer when accounting for calorie to alcohol percentage ratio is miller lite.
    That's probably the weirdest way of judging beer I've ever seen.

I've been really broke recently so I had to pick cheap beer, saw a 12 pack of PBR for $9 so I bought it...huge mistake, I was reminded why I don't drink pbr, taste like utter sh1t.

Anyhow, Stella Artois tastes really good, Dos XX with a couple limes inside is one of my go-to beers.

Oak Creek walnut or something like that taste hella good, its brewed locally here in arizona though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    lol, yeah that is mostly for like college girls and some guys who are looking to drink a ton of beer and not gain weight.

i used to be a bud light drinker and switched to miller lite years ago. After reading about how healthy guinness was I was curious as to what beer had the highest alcohol content to the lowest calories. Some of those ultra light beers are only like 3% alcohol.

Anyways surprisingly miller lite was like a top 4 for the ratio. Makes me like delicious miller lite more knowing its such a healthy option

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    lol, yeah that is mostly for like college girls and some guys who are looking to drink a ton of beer and not gain weight.

im a pretty unhealthy guy when it comes to eating but when i wanna drink a ton of beers i don't wanna feel like I swallowed a brick. It's more about the "less filling" aspect i guess.

im a pretty unhealthy guy when it comes to eating but when i wanna drink a ton of beers i don't wanna feel like I swallowed a brick. It's more about the "less filling" aspect i guess.
    I would say the "filling aspect" has more to do with the carbonation of the beer than it has with its calory count, but maybe that's just me.

I would say the "filling aspect" has more to do with the carbonation of the beer than it has with its calory count, but maybe that's just me.

you burp that out. I can only drink a few heavy beers at a time before feeling like sh*t. Light beer? I can probably finish an 18 pack and feel fine in the morning.

Usually nowadays if im trying to get drunk i mainly drink whiskey with a couple of beers here and there. But back in my student days i was all about the beer.

you burp that out. I can only drink a few heavy beers at a time before feeling like sh*t. Light beer? I can probably finish an 18 pack and feel fine in the morning.

Usually nowadays if im trying to get drunk i mainly drink whiskey with a couple of beers here and there. But back in my student days i was all about the beer.
    I see. I never had that problem myself. I don't think I've ever tried one of those light beers, and I don't ever intend to.

I see. I never had that problem myself. I don't think I've ever tried one of those light beers, and I don't ever intend to.

Miller lite, coors light, bud light, yuengling light, all the normal light beers are fine.

I tried some of that miller 64 and it was straight up gross. Like a shittier version of natty. I think that's been the only "ultra light" i've tried.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

It really depends what you like. I am a stout drinker and tend to rely on Old Rasputin Imperial Stout (a solid Cali drink). If you want a nice beer without too much malt or hop characteristic, I suggest a nice pilsner (american lagers are basically crappy pilsners or at least rooted in that tradition) such as Mama's Lil Pils by Oskar Blues (CO brewery)

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

most of the calories in drinks is from the alcohol. Sure, there are some sugars and starches in beer, but alcohol has twice the caloric content by gram to carbs and proteins (8 kcal/gr vs 4). If you want the best ratio, you should drink liquor straight. All calories are from alcohol.

I very rarely drink beer these days but I almost always get some type of porter. My fallback is usually the Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald. OP, you can prob find that almost anywhere and its easy on the stomach.