Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boba Fett Movie:

"Star Wars fans rejoice; a Boba Fett movie is officially in the works. The Star Wars spinoffs have been rumored for a while, but everybody

Default Re: Boba Fett Movie:

Boba Fett is one of the most overrated characters in Star Wars and film as whole.

He doesn't do anything really impressive despite being paraded like the biggest badass in the galaxy. I don't remember him killing anyone in the movies or expanded universe, but I do remember him falling into the Sarlacc Pit 10 minutes into Return of The Jedi. I also don't trust Disney or Lucasarts to make a good Star Wars movie these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Boba Fett is one of the most overrated characters in Star Wars and film as whole.

He doesn't do anything really impressive despite being paraded like the biggest badass in the galaxy. I don't remember him killing anyone in the movies or expanded universe, but I do remember him falling into the Sarlacc Pit 10 minutes into Return of The Jedi. I also don't trust Disney or Lucasarts to make a good Star Wars movie these days.
    He's a pretty badass character who hunts Jedis in other forms of media such as comics, games, and books, but they did a poor job with him in Return of the Jedi. I'm sure most people only care about what happens in the movies. They made a bad ass character a bitch with the way they "killed" him accidentally. He gets out the Sarlacc Pitt, so I wonder if that's where the move will start.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    They ruined him and any mystery behind him in the prequels.
    Exactly. The reason he was cool was because we didn't know anything about him.

The prequels ruined everything. It's best to just pretend like they don't exist.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Just because you haven't seen it in the movies, doesn't mean it didn't happen. There are several books that go deeper in depth to the Boba Fett storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    He gets out the Sarlacc Pitt, so I wonder if that's where the move will start.
    WTF

Is this an original script they're writing? If they wanted to make a movie about him being badass they could have done a movie about his life before he got killed off. Perhaps show us why he was employed by Vader in the first place.

I feel like Lucas dropped the ball with a lot of characters. That's the most frustrating part about Star Wars since the original trilogy. There's so much damn potential and so many good ideas, yet what we wind up get is so lackluster.

General Grievous is an example of a character that should have been way cooler in his movie appearance.

I agree. I'm 100% sure Lucas never planned on having Boba Fett in the prequels (he wrote a huge script for like 9 movies in the 70s), but since Fett is a popular character, he wanted to make more money. Boba Fett doesn't even do anything in the movie. He just follows his dad and then has a 2 second scene where he finds his father dead. Another thing ruined by the prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Just because you haven't seen it in the movies, doesn't mean it didn't happen. There are several books that go deeper in depth to the Boba Fett storyline.
    Yeah I get that, but there's a massive disconnect between how great and cool he's supposed to be and how lame he is in the movies. I guess the whole mystery is part of the appeal like other posters said.

Are those considered canon? I remember seeing multiple images of Maul having weird spider legs. They fixed him up like Frieza. Lucas is into DBZ.
    It's really debatable. It's called the expanded universe, and most of it's considered canon by many people and Lucasfilm since they don't interfere that much with the movies (it's usually different character in different time periods or with the same characters before or after the movies). Although that can change if Disney decides to make their own canon story, which I'm assuming will not follow stories from well known Star Wars novels and comics.

Metal Frieza is canon since he is in the manga.

WTF

Is this an original script they're writing? If they wanted to make a movie about him being badass they could have done a movie about his life before he got killed off. Perhaps show us why he was employed by Vader in the first place.

I feel like Lucas dropped the ball with a lot of characters. That's the most frustrating part about Star Wars since the original trilogy. There's so much damn potential and so many good ideas, yet what we wind up get is so lackluster.

General Grievous is an example of a character that should have been way cooler in his movie appearance.
    They haven't said if it's an original script or not. Lucas has dropped the ball a lot, but IDK if Lucas is going to have power hungry control like he did in the prequels. Grievous was badass in the Clone Wars cartoon, but he was stupid in the movie and died in a ridiculous way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

Love Live Life

I only seen dude in the movies and wasn't impressed but I'll still watch though.

Don't know much about the comics that you guys talk about

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

inb4 Ewok spinoff confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    inb4 Ewok spinoff confirmed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SghKMwhak-A

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

will be tits