Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who's your favorite band, all time?

Acdc
    The Doors
    Led Zeppelin
    Rage Against The Machine
    Pink Floyd
    Rush
    Ramones
    Beastie Boys
    Guns n Roses

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Arctic Monkeys
    Arctic Monkeys, never heard of 'em. Then again, I've barely heard of many bands at all. I've always like Rage Against the Machine. Their album The Battle of Los Angeles is some pretty dope shit.

If anyone said their favorite band of all time was Smashing Pumpkins or Oasis I'd probably pull a real quick, even though I'm not inclined in that genre of music to have a healthy debate. I just know if Oasis is someone's single favorite band out of thousands *cough Hakwer* ... *cough cough Hawker cough* should have their genitals examined because they might just have a baked potato cut down the middle where their- banana and grapes should be. But I ain't saying no names.

I've argued in my own mind countless times which song is more uber faggatyist - Wonderwall or TLC's Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls. So kids, don't go chasing them wonderwalls, because your pee pee might naturally evolve into a vee vee. Balls and tits, bananas that split, flip it rip it forget it bend it rescind it dip it hit it and finally Depend it once you reach the golden age of senior citizen. If you can't control when you go # 1 or 2, time for old people Pampers.

No but really though, besides Rage Against the Machine, another band I've always liked was Modest Mouse. I think that would be more up Hawker's taste. Somewhat challenging to say Modest Mouse isn't any good. Unless you're just institutionalized musically. and you like that "factory" sound when it comes to bands. Meaning you only like the highly popular bands such as Linkin Park (but I will admit their debut album Hybrid Theory I think? was VERY good).

Anyone else like Modest Mouse? I haven't heard their entire catalog but I've heard The Moon & Antarctica is their pinnacle of work, and that's the album I'm most familiar with. Here you go - enjoy.

Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica (Full Album)

Not exactly Liquid Swords or Violent By Design, but if you come from a primarily rap background like me, you might find this a fresh welcomed change. I'm not saying throw your rap CDs out the window, or wipe out your MP3 players data and replace it with Papa Roach, Limp Biscuit or some other whack ass rock mess - hip hop forever if you ask me - I'm just saying try Modest Mouse if you have an open mind.

Queens of the Stoneage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Acdc
    The Doors
    Led Zeppelin
    Rage Against The Machine
    Pink Floyd
    Rush
    Ramones
    Beastie Boys
    Guns n Roses
    Hard to grasp the singular superlative, I see.