Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: High School Teacher Loses 37 lbs Eating McDonald's Everyday for 90 Days

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    That is not a typical McDonalds diet though. If someone asked you to list 10 things from McDonalds I would be surprised to see any of those things listed. Are people really going to McDonalds to order apple slices and oatmeal?
    It's really good... It's also sticky enough you can eat it in the car

Fire Dwane Casey

Default Re: High School Teacher Loses 37 lbs Eating McDonald's Everyday for 90 Days

Not sure why people are surprised by this. At the end of the day it's all about calories in vs calories out. A calorie is a calorie, you can get fat from eating too much of anything.

NBA lottery pick

It doesn't matter what you eat or where the food is from, it's calories in vs calories out. A 120LBS man can lose weight eating nothing but McDonalds if he is in a caloric deficit.

Americans are dumb when it comes to weight. No wonder half this country is obese.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

So what, I could lose weight just eating Big Mac's and Fries if i wanted to. All i'd have to do is just eat 2 of em each day.

And also he ordered the salad and the chicken sandwich. I already knew those weren't bad for you.

He also ordered apple slices and oatmeal. I didn't even know McDonald's sold that sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    So what, I could lose weight just eating Big Mac's and Fries if i wanted to. All i'd have to do is just eat 2 of em each day.

And also he ordered the salad and the chicken sandwich. I already knew those weren't bad for you.

He also ordered apple slices and oatmeal. I didn't even know McDonald's sold that sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    Not sure why people are surprised by this. At the end of the day it's all about calories in vs calories out. A calorie is a calorie, you can get fat from eating too much of anything.
    Bingo. You could theoretically lose weight eating ice cream all day. Correlation does not imply causation.

Regardless I wouldn't touch McDonald's prepackaged processed genetically modified crap with a 10 foot pole.
    Last edited by ALBballer; 01-10-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    That is not a typical McDonalds diet though. If someone asked you to list 10 things from McDonalds I would be surprised to see any of those things listed. Are people really going to McDonalds to order apple slices and oatmeal?
    Exactly. Murlock's experiment was to eat what typical fast food customers eat. That's why he had to try everything on the menu at least once, according to his rules.

In essence, this guy "cheated". He picked the absolute healthiest items on the McDonalds menu and stuck to that....that's not what people do when they eat fast food.

His lunch is yogurt, salad, and apple slices. lol....ok....i'm sure that's a VERY small percentage of McDonald's sales in a day.

   

just because you cut calories and lose weight doesn't mean you aren't doing long-term damage to your body. that stuff he was eating was still terrible, for the most part.

Why is this news?

Did people not read the whole snippet? He did choose to eat the unhealthier options.

   

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Did people not read the whole snippet? He did choose to eat the unhealthier options.
    no he didn't. his students specifically chose foods that would meet 15 recommended nutritional guidelines.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

He is a fatass, not hard to NOT reach his calorie maintenance... Just because he lost 37 lbs doesn't mean it was a healthy diet...

If you eat less calories than your maintenance is then you are going to lose weight, regardless of what you eat...

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    no he didn't. his students specifically chose foods that would meet 15 recommended nutritional guidelines.
    Ok I worded it wrong, but he did eat big macs once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    You'd be surprised. People actually go there to eat salads and shit.
    Southwest Chicken Salad is awesome. I would rather have that salad than most salads in restaurants. It's also very affordable at just a little over 5 bucks.

NBA rookie of the year

obviously if you eat salads every meal, you would lose weight almost no matter what.

Salads every meal, thats no way to live.