Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How hard is it to make the NBA?

Like my friend said, there are thousands of players in the world as good as lebron but choose not to play in the nba because of their different interests. Some might be into painting, art, or music instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Like my friend said, there are thousands of players in the world as good as lebron but choose not to play in the nba because of their different interests. Some might be into painting, art, or music instead.

There may be a couple dozen (if even) humans as athletic as LeBron, but they sure as hell aren't painting. There might be some undiscovered talents in 3rd world countries but they probably wouldn't have had the nutrition, training, opportunity etc to even become as good as Lebron was in HS.

and didn't you have a Kings avatar like not even last week?
    Last edited by oarabbus; 01-10-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Homage to Al Thornton AI Thornton's Avatar

Get a smarter friend.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    which really makes u appreciate how ****ing amazing nate robinson must be
    this... if nate jumped into a street game he would be running circles it would be so amazing to watch

they should make a reality of nba players jumping into random pick up games

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    this... if nate jumped into a street game he would be running circles it would be so amazing to watch

In case you have not seen for some reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbNg-eYalqs

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB

not exactly what you're saying but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdFfT2y1NTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTAlbeCB7A

then again you got stuff like this hurting the NBA's case
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw2gDlRBmDE
    I think this is what you're looking for and its not even a random pickup
    Last edited by oarabbus; 01-10-2014 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

There may be a couple dozen (if even) humans as athletic as LeBron, but they sure as hell aren't painting. There might be some undiscovered talents in 3rd world countries but they probably wouldn't have had the nutrition, training, opportunity etc to even become as good as Lebron was in HS.

and didn't you have a Kings avatar like not even last week?

Painting, running their own business, maybe playing another sport, or just street ballin. Plus yea lots and lots that would be if they had the opportunity. Plus not everyone does well in school. Some don't have the grades or never went to college. Lots of factors to consider.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Take a guy like Shabazz, 6'6, good athleticism, spectacular HS career, decent college career. And he's in the D-League.
    still made it to the nba

Painting, running their own business, maybe playing another sport, or just street ballin. Plus yea lots and lots that would be if they had the opportunity. Plus not everyone does well in school. Some don't have the grades or never went to college. Lots of factors to consider.
    No. First, a huge majority of people would attempt sports and be very into it if they had the natural abilities LeBron did growing up, most of them probably getting into basketball because of height. People would notice and they would have become a big deal at an early age with people trying to get them into basketball. Very few with that sort of ability would reject the idea of taking the opportunity to make the money associated with it, if not for personal reasons, it would be to support their family or community.

So, do you honestly believe that there are 1000 people with LeBron's ability, but he is the only 1 to choose basketball? 999 out of 1000 with his ability choose against being in the NBA? Think about that for 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by AI Thornton
    No. First, a huge majority of people would attempt sports and be very into it if they had the natural abilities LeBron did growing up, most of them probably getting into basketball because of height. People would notice and they would have become a big deal at an early age with people trying to get them into basketball. Very few with that sort of ability would reject the idea of taking the opportunity to make the money associated with it, if not for personal reasons, it would be to support their family or community.

So, do you honestly believe that there are 1000 people with LeBron's ability, but he is the only 1 to choose basketball? 999 out of 1000 with his ability choose against being in the NBA? Think about that for 1 second.

Exactly.

It's like saying there are 1000s of Paul McCartneys or Picassos out there but they chose to play basketball and football instead

Quote Originally Posted by AI Thornton

I'm not saying 1000 people are exactly like Lebron, but similar to other nba stars. Like for instance look at Lin. If he didn't have that breakout week, he would have got fired from the nba and quit. There are many stars that suddenly quit for whatever reason. Think about this. There is a 6 foot 7 girl who works at the Warriors. Very attractive and athletic. I was sure that she played in the WNBA. Nada. Some people just stop playing after HS. Me for instance, I used to make 95 percent of my free throws and I never practiced or trained. I'm not saying I could have made the NBA, but many many people could have and just didn't work hard enough or have the drive. Out of 6 billion people, there are plenty like Lebron or Rose.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

I'm not saying 1000 people are exactly like Lebron, but similar to other nba stars. Like for instance look at Lin. If he didn't have that breakout week, he would have got fired from the nba and quit. There are many stars that suddenly quit for whatever reason. Think about this. There is a 6 foot 7 girl who works at the Warriors. Very attractive and athletic. I was sure that she played in the WNBA. Nada. Some people just stop playing after HS. Me for instance, I used to make 95 percent of my free throws and I never practiced or trained. I'm not saying I could have made the NBA, but many many people could have and just didn't work hard enough or have the drive. Out of 6 billion people, there are plenty like Lebron or Rose.
    i believe u, there are ppl with probably the same amount of talent but never applied it for whatever reason

I'm not saying 1000 people are exactly like Lebron
    there are thousands of players in the world as good as lebron
    Could have fooled me.

6'6" is not tall enough.. but talk about being 7 feet. ESPN did a research and came up with the stat that 17% of people over 7 feet have been in the NBA.

So basically, cut out the people who have gigantism diseases etc, if you have all 4 limbs working, and you can jump and run, I say the chance of you in the NBA is like 85%

Now, whether you are good or not is a different story, but to make it to the NBA? Being 7 feet gives you the best odds.

17% to 85% is a big jump...