Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where is the Public Outrage over Darnell Dockett's Blatantly Racist Tweet?

An old story but:

Apple has a new device out for Chinese people. The iOpener.
    'm so not racist.... But believe what u want...
    I promise I won't....RT @GodFatha702: @ddockett @HubbuchNYP I predict that he "fake apologizes" tomorrow. "I am sorry if I offended anyone"
    http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/1...garding-asians
    Last edited by ALBballer; 01-24-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Where is the Public Outrage over Darnell Dockett's Blatantly Racist Tweet?

Who the fukk is "Darnell Dockett"?

Default Re: Where is the Public Outrage over Darnell Dockett's Blatantly Racist Tweet?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Of course it's an old story considering you made this thread to counter the other one.
    These are two different situations and one is not meant to counter the other. Although admittedly this story did come to my mind after reading the other thread. There is an obvious selective outcry in these type of situations.

Guy was feeling pissy that day...

Didn't get to enjoy his daily dose of Fried Chicken and purple soda.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Guy was feeling pissy that day...

Didn't get to enjoy his daily dose of Fried Chicken and purple soda.
    Eh not funny. Stop derailing the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Eh not funny. Stop derailing the thread.
    Your thread ****ing sucks. Needs more watermelon.

lol @ you thinking this was thread worthy.

Chinese are fair game. The actual Chinese are portrayed as the enemy in western media. And the Chinese people actually living in the west can make it on their own without any handouts or affirmative action, they can take care of themselves so they don't give a sh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR] about what other people say.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Chinese are fair game. The actual Chinese are portrayed as the enemy in western media. And the Chinese people actually living in the west can make it on their own without any handouts or affirmative action, they can take care of themselves so they don't give a sh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR] about what other people say.
    And this...

mentally strong group of people.

the iOpener product is very good for the consumers. They might be stop being them.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Bro you should forward this piece of breaking news to CNN immediately. African americans have it too easy

NBA rookie of the year

racism against asians isnt that big a deal in america.

I am not sure why, but I would guess:

1. Resentment that china and asia is increasing in global importance
    2. Asians are only like 4.8% of the population and they arent very politically organized. Eg. they dont have something like the NAACP or AIPAC or GLAAD
    3. there are really zero asian american political/cultural leaders that could make a big deal out of something like this.
    4. Asians choose careers in the sciences, small business entrepreneurship and engineering and arent present in the media.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 01-24-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Thats the kind of racism asians get in america. we are not good enough to get respect.

i rmember when rosie odonell said "ching chong ching chong" on her tv show and she refused to apologize.

i read comments on yahoo news all the time about racism against asians and most the users post "learn how to take a joke" "i dont see anything wrong"

its really sad that asians dont get respect in this society.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Asians and blacks have had different experiences in America. The wounds of Jim Crow are still relatively fresh when you compare the length of time that has passed to the length of time blacks were systematically oppressed in society. So, whenever racism towards blacks creeps up, it makes blacks question the promise America made for equal opportunity. Questioning whether there isn't still some underlying desire for discrimination in every facet of life which still prevents blacks from getting a fair shot.

And, secondly, who the f*ck is Darnell Dockett?

Asians won't beat you up.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Who the fukk is "Darnell Dockett"?
    A really good DE in the NFL. He has 3 pro bowl selections and 1 all pro selection.