Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Better Call Saul

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    They didn't ever meet and Saul didn't even know his name when he connected Walt and Jesse to him, but Mike was recruited by him at the beginning of his drug ring operation.

So I think it could be worked out that he and Mike have a good chunk of scenes together.
    It could be done, but I with Saul now as the main character, I have a hard time seeing Gus as too significant. Having him here and there would make more sense IMO, and I would be more than happy to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    I don't see the show being met with much enthusiasm besides BB diehards who still have that void in their entertainment lives. Some will try extra hard to love it just cuz it's from Vince Gilligan and force themselves to see varioous strengths.

I still see it getting good ratings even if people aren't overwhelmed with it on it's own. Viewers will show loyalty because of the creator even if Saul's character gets old and stale. He's better as a side guy, can't see him holding an entire show. They're gunna need awesome support characters for this show to be anything of note
    Why so negative and pessimistic towards it? I bet people said the same things about Frasier.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    I don't see the show being met with much enthusiasm besides BB diehards who still have that void in their entertainment lives. Some will try extra hard to love it just cuz it's from Vince Gilligan and force themselves to see varioous strengths.

I still see it getting good ratings even if people aren't overwhelmed with it on it's own. Viewers will show loyalty because of the creator even if Saul's character gets old and stale. He's better as a side guy, can't see him holding an entire show. They're gunna need awesome support characters for this show to be anything of note
    This is my exact concern. Some characters are more effective in small doses.

Imagine Paulie Walnuts have his own show? It would get redundant real quick.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    It could be done, but I with Saul now as the main character, I have a hard time seeing Gus as too significant. Having him here and there would make more sense IMO, and I would be more than happy to see it.
    I wonder if it's too late to change the title of the show.

But even if it's called 'Better Call Saul', that has more of a thematic sense to it. The primary theme of the show being crime and getting out of a jam. Saul doesn't necessarily have to dominate screen time. His clients should be getting an equal share, because he's still "present" in scenes when they carry out his advice since he has a stake in what happens.

I doubt Bob Odenkirk is going to have super high billing over the other main regular cast anyway.

I hope/think that they will create new and interesting characters and not over-rely on the established ones.

I'd love to see Gus get some screen time though...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    I hope/think that they will create new and interesting characters and not over-rely on the established ones.

I'd love to see Gus get some screen time though...
    There could be some cool cartel action go down.

I remember the scene when Walt and Jesse took him out to the desert for intimidation, Saul was thinking it was payback from some Mexican dude. I'd have to go back to the Blu-ray and check the subtitles, because I don't remember the exact name he brought up.

Banned

they should stop referencing established characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    they should stop referencing established characters.
    Stop referencing Mike altogether? Why? Saul knew Mike and that he had a lucrative drug ring connection, and Mike trusted Saul's judgment enough to start business relations with a couple of strangers and give them access to Gus.

Perfectly reasonable to see the history behind how that working relationship got established.

Too bad they can't bring back the same actress to play Kaylee Ehrmantraut. She was the perfect Kaylee. So adorable, but she's probably going to be too big by the time this show starts to air.

*SPOILER TEXT IN WHITE*:
    [COLOR="White"]The scene of Mike leaving her at the park before Walt killed him broke my heart, so I would like to see more short scenes from the past of him being a great pop pop.[/COLOR]

AMC has already renewed Better Call Saul for a 13 episode Second Season. However, they pushed back the season one premiere to early 2015.

It's bizarre that they renewed it for a second season despite not a single episode being aired, but this is AMC we are talking about here.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    AMC has already renewed Better Call Saul for a 13 episode Second Season. However, they pushed back the season one premiere to early 2015.

It's bizarre that they renewed it for a second season despite not a single episode being aired, but this is AMC we are talking about here.
    I'm glad it'd getting a guaranteed 2 season run at least...I have high hopes for this, it is Gilligan himself running it after all.

Still haven't recovered from the ending of Breaking Bad...

Skeptical about this show, but looking forward to it, with MUCH HOPE...

Da Mavs

http://www.movieweb.com/news/better-...r-breaking-bad

"One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before 'Breaking Bad,' during 'Breaking Bad,' and after 'Breaking Bad.' That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on 'Breaking Bad'."

He went on to explain how the show will differ from the original series.

"We want to make a show that stands on it own, is its own story and is a brand extension. We think we have a story that is worth making. ... We could never dream of the kind of success that 'Breaking Bad' had and the love we got from the fans. But, at a certain point you have to do the best job you can and tell the best story that entertains you, get a good response and hope people like it."
    I love it. I want to see some hint at what happened to Saul after BB.

Also, would be amazing to see Walt/Jesse for some spots.

It makes it a lot more interesting that it will be before, during and after BB. It makes it extremely plausible that Aaron Paul and Cranston will be involved and it will show us Saul after BB.

The show just became a lot more exciting for me.

This show should have been about Gus Fring and how he built his meth empire with Mike and Saul as supporting characters. Saul and Gus would never meet, they can play on Gus wanting to be in the dark, but Mike would go to Gus and vica verca to take care of dirty work.