Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default What can the Wolves get for Kevin Martin

he is a really hard player to judge as analytics people really love him, he shoots well and can catch fire at any time, but he just doesn't seem to be a great player, but at the same time isn't mediocre either.

does he fit a specific playoff team's needs, and if so who, and what could Minny get for him?

I need scenarios.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: What can the Wolves get for Kevin Martin

Would be good fit for the Bulls. I don't know if the money works, though.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Would be good fit for the Bulls. I don't know if the money works, though.
    What about packaging him and Pek for an above average player who doesn't quite fit? Maybe Taj Gibson?

Obviously the money doesn't work and the fit might not work but something a long those lines or is too tricky because both Wolves are paid well?
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 02-18-2015 at 04:44 AM.

Decent college freshman

Flip apparently turned down a Snell + Dunleavy trade for Martin over the summer because he wanted a second rounder from Chicago. I would have done that deal because in the Corey Brewer trade, he could have included Dunleavy and gotten back NYK's 2015 2nd round pick from Houston. Pretty sure he would have fit into the Lin TPE as well, so the $$$ would have worked.

Minny would have been even more stocked with young wings (Wiggins, Shabazz, Snell, GR3, etc).

As of now, I'm not sure what Martin would fetch. Cap will explode soon, but his deal isn't the cheapest fitting into this year/next's year cap. He's injury prone and a defensive liability. Chad Ford noted in a recent chat that the market for him should be strong this summer. I have some doubts. Maybe a late first or young player + 2nd is his value.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Flip apparently turned down a Snell + Dunleavy trade for Martin over the summer because he wanted a second rounder from Chicago. I would have done that deal because in the Corey Brewer trade, he could have included Dunleavy and gotten back NYK's 2015 2nd round pick from Houston. Pretty sure he would have fit into the Lin TPE as well, so the $$$ would have worked.

Minny would have been even more stocked with young wings (Wiggins, Shabazz, Snell, GR3, etc).

As of now, I'm not sure what Martin would fetch. Cap will explode soon, but his deal isn't the cheapest fitting into this year/next's year cap. He's injury prone and a defensive liability. Chad Ford noted in a recent chat that the market for him should be strong this summer. I have some doubts. Maybe a late first or young player + 2nd is his value.
    Wow, this was a guy that was a central piece in the James Harden trade and seen as a suitable replacement for him by the saberatti crew.

Pek's deal is even more crippling. The Wolves don't really need either anymore despite the fact they are solid pros, they are slowing the development of Dieng and Wiggins.

Maybe if Bogut is too broken down they could go Pek and Martin for David Lee, but that again doesn't really add much.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

With all the respect, people like David Lee or Dunleavy doesn't make any sense for Twolves. They should ask for young players and draft picks for him. In this case, considering how injury prone he is, they should be happy accepting a low first round pick from a contender.

Detroit possibly, sending back some expirers and a 2nd round pick.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

They probably want a veteran and a 1st round pick. It doesn't make much sense to take anything else unless it's really that good. Martin is a big piece for the Wolves keeping it competitive while in a rebuild. Flip Saunders is smart enough to say "no" if it's not a good deal for the team.

Banned

James Harden

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    What about packaging him and Pek for an above average player who doesn't quite fit? Maybe Taj Gibson?

Obviously the money doesn't work and the fit might not work but something a long those lines or is too tricky because both Wolves are paid well?
    I think the Bulls should do a Gibson for Martin and Dieng trade.

But I don't see the Wolves wanting that. At all.

Gibson is, by far, the best current player in that deal. And on a ridiculously cheap deal. Bulls just don't necessarily need him, so if you can get a young project, do it.

But the Wolves are rebuilding. Don't need a 29yo on a longish deal.

College superstar

Martin, as a shooter, obviously, would work on most contending teams.

Martin and Budinger for Perk and a protected pick? Wolves get a lot of money off the cap, Thunder get some more offense/shooting/depth.

VC and Lee and a first for Martin? Memphis adds a legit shooter. Minn gets... nothing of value but the pick. I think Lee may be a solid player, but Martin fits with Memphis' needs.

Bargs and a couple seconds (if Knicks have them) for Martin and Budinger. Knicks obviously need to contend next season, and the one after, so why not pair a sharp shooting scorer with Melo?

If Minny only had Jeremy Lamb and two 1sts and a 2nd round pick, they could get James Harden :).

Not airballing my layups anymore vinsanity2756's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    he is a really hard player to judge as analytics people really love him, he shoots well and can catch fire at any time, but he just doesn't seem to be a great player, but at the same time isn't mediocre either.

does he fit a specific playoff team's needs, and if so who, and what could Minny get for him?

I need scenarios.
    He doesn't play any defense and has a terrible shot selection sometimes. But when he's on he can go for 30 on many nights.

sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    sympathy

Dude sucks.

EDIT: Can't believe that I'm agreeing with this idiot.