Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Frat boys throw MLK Themed Party

If a black frat had a party on columbus day where they were dippin saltine crackers in their drinks before toasting and talking in white chapelle voice I dont think thered be a single white person upset.

That chick in the middle probably likes the BBC

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Lmao who gets a Taj Gibson jersey
    A person trying not to act like a bandwagoner

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Who f*cking cares? A cup really bothers you? A cup?!

These people have no affect on your life, you don't know them, they didn't egg your house, they aren't even in the same state as you.

There is no reason to be mad. They're just retards.

Also, you calling MLK Day, "a black mans holiday" is pretty bad. It's a day representing civil rights and King's life. It's for everybody, not just black people.
    Oh man your post is wrong about me in so many levels

Lol I'm not mad at all. But I do think that part is a little racist. But I do know they're just dumb sheltered kids who know no better because I know a few of the kids in that frat because I lived In arizona for middle and high school, so I know here most the kids are from and how they act. And I'm not saying the day is only for black poeple I'm saying it's celebrating a man who is black.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    If a black frat had a party on columbus day where they were dippin saltine crackers in their drinks before toasting and talking in white chapelle voice I dont think thered be a single white person upset.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Americans "make a mockery" out of cinco de mayo and St. Patricks Day as well.
    Last edited by Balla_Status; 01-23-2014 at 04:51 AM.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Chinese New Year's is two weeks away, should have waited to do a racist Asian-theme party.

They would have gotten away with it easily.
    Asians probably would've participated and not gave a shat.

Banned

I still don't get the racism in that picture. Kids were dressing like that 5 years ago. Rocking jerseys and throwbacks. Look at Enimem in his prime.

Watermelon cup? Didn't even think about it till someone brought it up.

I was going to dress like that for Halloween this past year because it's the total opposite of how I dress and I wanted to make fun of the studio gangsters. No racist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    You see nothing wrong with drinking out of watermelon cups while celebrating a black mans holiday?
    No.

Blame it on the black people who have a strong influence. This is the way they are dressing and acting.

So if a black guy dresses up and acts like these kids.... that black guy is racist? .... against his own race? .... Are all these rappers racist against their own race? Because this is literally how they are dressing and acting. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

What if a group of blacks dressed up as the beatles and wore wigs and talked like educated folk? No one would really care.

Start taking responsibility as an individual. No one cares when people dress up as a stereotypical Native American or Asian... there just so happens to be a ton of sensitive black people who can never take responsibility as individuals.
    Last edited by Budadiiii; 01-23-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    That chick in the middle probably likes the BBC
    Def looks like the type. She want KD to stroke that kitty the way he been strokin the three ball.

Dumb ass fckin frat douches. Why some of these groups think this shit would be funny or a novel idea for a theme party is beyond me. The watermelon cup shit crosses the line. If they were jus wearin NBA shit and mocking urban culture I would just kinda laugh it off as them being sheltered suburbanites.

Drinking from watermelons is pretty blatantly foul and racist IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Bullshit. groups and races everywhere have people that identify within that would be 'offended' and overreact about anything that implies some sort of racial agenda. It doesn't matter. Many white people have gotten particularly uptight about anything that suggests that blacks or Latinos are benefitting from the efforts to create equality and opportunities.

The shit is a never ending controversy when racial objectives are propagated to any degree. If you think there isn't some group or organization that would take offense to that just because 'black people would have,' in the reverse scenerio then you underestimate the petty banter of humanity

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    White college kids mocking black people with watermelon cups and gang signs is the fault of black youth because clearly those college kids were just doing a social experiment. Black youths need to take responsibility for this because they deserved it.
    [COLOR="White"]clearly sarcastic [/COLOR]

deserve it how?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    Def looks like the type. She want KD to stroke that kitty the way he been strokin the three ball.

Dumb ass fckin frat douches. Why some of these groups think this shit would be funny or a novel idea for a theme party is beyond me. The watermelon cup shit crosses the line. If they were jus wearin NBA shit and mocking urban culture I would just kinda laugh it off as them being sheltered suburbanites.

Drinking from watermelons is pretty blatantly foul and racist IMO.
    It's because of your thinking, it makes something such as a fruit be associated with racism.

Next time I am around a black person, I better not mention watermelon in humor or I'm labelled a racist.

Is eating a piece of watermelon with a black person racist at a picnic?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    White college kids mocking black people with watermelon cups and gang signs is the fault of black youth because clearly those college kids were just doing a social experiment. Black youths need to take responsibility for this because they deserved it.
    [COLOR="White"]clearly sarcastic [/COLOR]
    No one would care if black kids dressed up as One Direction or Peyton Manning on Columbus day.

It's stereotype. They're having fun, not lynching blacks in the street. There were black kids who PARTICIPATED. The kids clearly aren't racist. They have black friends.

Stop being a sensitive little dumbass. Get with the times. It's all in good FUN.

Taj Gibson jersey !........he is no racist, real racists only knows # 23