Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Life of Pi is a Masterpiece

was aight. i may be biased tho cuz religion and animals fascinate the fuuk outta me.

what made it interesting was the interpretation of the meerkat island.

apparently some believed that was pi's human trauma-reducing rationalization of being fondled by the nasty looking chef. the meerkats snuggling up to his legs

tiger of course wouldn't give a fukk. its nature. just like a woman after losing attraction from her bf. it has no feelings. it obeys its master then realizes its destiny is to survive, feed, hunt and reproduce. no time for silly ass things like compassion and empathy. u could get killed in the jungle if u laid down ur guard and pondered dumb sheeyattt like having feewings of luv for someone lol

interesting his business minded dad's persona didnt rub off on the kid. i wonder what the stats are... when hopeless soulcrushing sh!t happens to people how many "Find jesus" and how many lose absolutely all hope of any source of a just higher power. would be an interesting investigation.

Not so good movie, didn't live up to its hype.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

I haven't watched the movie but the book is definitely one of my favorites of all time. It gets a bit draggy in the earlier parts but at some point I couldn't stop reading it. That and The Little Prince have special places in my heart. You guys make me not want to watch it though and I absolutely flipped out before when I saw the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    thx, dude... like i said, i read the book.

if i'm going to spend the time to watch a movie, i'd rather it be something i'm unfamiliar with. i'm actually way behind on my foreign films, so would probably watch slumdog millionaire or something.
    Oh sorry dude I didn't see that you had read the book... yea you could just skip it then.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Did you ever see "Nobody Knows". For some reason i think it would resonate with you.
    I can't decide which is more depressing between that and "Grave of the Fireflies".

Both tore me up. Literally wrenched my gut.

One of the best movies that I have ever seen. I also love the book.

Was great to look at but lacked a major emotional feeling to it. I agree that older Pi was pretty good

I literally can't remember a single thing about the movie

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    I can't decide which is more depressing between that and "Grave of the Fireflies".

Both tore me up. Literally wrenched my gut.
    I'll never watch Grave of the Fireflies again unless one of my kids asks me to watch it with them. That's just the most heart wrenching film.

If I had to rate Life of Pi on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it about a 3.14

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I watched...really felt...boring. Visually it was amazing. Great Gatsby, Life of Pi, Avatar were some of the best looking movies I've seen in recent memory.

Story wise? My friend was breaking it down after he watched. I'm like wait that is how you interpreted it? Let me go watch again, just thought it was a boy and a tiger. Never got around to watch it.
    lol. Kinda funny in that you are outing yourself as a ****in' dummy who can't grasp any form of allegory or metaphor. haha.

I'm just joking, kind of. I mean, the second part is true though. I think the people who added in their own meaning got more out of it. The people who thought it was hollow were not inferring anything.

I liked it.

-Smak