Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Are Tennis Players Underrated In Terms Of Athleticism?

I'm still not really a fan but this year I've come around and I must say I was underrating them badly in terms of skills and athleticism. The length of play and the stop start change direction style of running takes it's toll. Really is an endurance sport

Tennis is ridiculously demanding at the pro level. Rafa and Novak have played a 6 ****ing hour match during one of the hottest times in Australia. And they weren't just running around, they were constantly hitting 90-100mph shots and 120+mph serves...for 6 hours. People like to ignore how incredible of athletes tennis players are because they're not beefed up like NFL players. If you've seen Nadal, Djokovic, or Monfils play live, their athleticism is just unreal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Misread as "Are Tennis Players Underrated In Terms Of Atheism?"

Wouldn't have surprised me on ISH.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Would you rather miss a game winning smash to win the wimbledon or miss the game winning free throw in game 7 of the NBA finals?
    That's crazy man. Depending on how good you are. If you're a scrub who knows that's the only time you will get back there, than that individual Wimbledon will do more for you than say a missed FT. Kawhi Leonard missed a FT in game 6 to clinch the series. He is young, he is on a good team, he could be back because he has great players on his team. Let's say Wawrinka missed the game winning smash, do you think he heals from that and gets another chance to win a prestigious Grand Slam that could net him up to 30 mill in winnings + millions in endorsements? I doubt it. More pressure to win an individual accomplishment, because he missed netting all that money + the prestige.

Andy Murray won Wimbledon last year and he's considered a god in the UK now. Sure it has something to do with him winning for England in general, but he will never have to pay for his own drink again.

I'd say they are crazy underrated. Nadal + Djokovic played a classic almost 6 hour match 2 years back

they are definitely underrated .. like someone else mentioned .. the 2012 aussie open final .. 6 hrs .. the two top players in the world smashing 100+ mph precision forehand winners, serves at each other for 6 hrs while running constantly back and forth, stop and go .. insane because it's not just the conditioning .. it's your mental strength .. keeping yourself focused and on point for that long while doing all that .. elite athletes either way you look at it ..

and for those who say .. well all matches aren't 6 hrs .. no they're not .. but any top level player is easily capable of going 5-6 hrs