Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To- Who, where and when.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I've always wanted to see Tool.
    I've seen them twice... the one I referenced above and at '07 Bonnaroo. They were great both times, but the music was a little too hard for the "peace & love" crowd at Bonnaroo. The crowd's energy at the humungous main stage was a little weird.

But, as far as musicians, showmen and the light show goes, top notch. To me, they're the keepers of the Pink Floyd flame for synchronized lasers/lights and all that good stuff.

Danny Carey is just a flat-out beast.

As for concerts this past year, I saw Sigur Ros, Nine Inch Nails and Explosions in the Sky all in Cleveland. All very good shows. NIN also has a hell of a stage show and Trent Resnor is a Cleveland native, so I think he brought a little something extra.

This is any impossible question. I'm going to have to take some time to think about this one.

Saw Santana at the Shoreline Amphitheater, also Red Hot Chili Peppers + Paul McCartney + more at the bridge benefit concert, also at Shoreline (Mountain View, CA).

Also saw Dream Theater, Opeth, 3, and Between the Buried and Me, was pretty sick back during my Prog metal days.

Then ETD POP 2010, it had
    Armin Van Buuren
    Infected Mushroom
    Benny Benassi
    Fedde le Grand
    Boys Noize
    Gareth Emery
    Steve Aoki
    LA Riots
    Deep Voices

that was the first EDM event I went to and a solid (if somewhat grimy) concert.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    Mushroomhead concert at Peabody's in Cleveland about 2 years ago. They were really good but Hed P.E. opened for them and they were even better. I had never even hear of Hed P.E. before that but now I'm a big fan.
    12 hundred

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

1. System of a Down, Hollywood Bowl CA, July 2013 - I've seen SOAD twice before this, and have also seen Scars on Broadway as well as Serj Tankian solo, but none of them compared to this concert. I've never been to a concert like this where everybody in the crowd seemed to know every single lyric. The fandom was on some epic level that night and it made it the greatest concert ever. System of a Down didn't do any theatrics (not even the fake leaving stage waiting for encore chants), but instead opted to just play song after song mostly non-stop for over 30 songs with a clear crisp sound.

2. Rammstein, Tacoma Dome WA, 2011? - When I saw this concert, I thought there was no chance it is ever surpassed. They put on the greatest show I have ever seen. So much pyrotechnics including using a flame throwing to light the keyboardist on fire, lines of flames going over the crowd, flames coming out of giant robotic wings, and so many other different ways of dispensing fire, as well as a giant dick thing that Till Lindemann rode that spewed foam on the crowd. Great sound and crowd experience as well.

3. Guns N Roses, Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, 2012 - They should be washed up by now, but somehow this show was simply amazing. The sound quality was great and they played for 3+ hours. Vegas also had Cirque Du Soleil performers assisting in the stage performance. At one point Axl was playing the piano while suspended over the crowd from the ceiling with confetti everywhere and Cirque Du Soleil girls spinning around on these long banner things.

4. Alice Cooper, Sleep Country Amphitheater, WA, 2005 or 06? - Alice Cooper sounds so clear (songs you have never heard you can understand ever lyric) and his stage performance doubles as a demented magic show. He uses trap doors everywhere to fake his death and then do things like have his body re-assembled piece by piece as a frankenstein monster that comes alive.

Other top live bands that come to mind of the 100 or so bands I've seen:
    Rob Zombie
    Motley Crue
    Ozzy
    Godsmack
    Kid Rock featuring Rev. Run
    Last edited by Myth; 01-27-2014 at 06:55 AM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

RHCP in Kaunas Lithuania.
    was an absolute blaaast

Then my friend who I came with in Kaunas went to RHCP concert in LA, while I didnt wanted to (I was staying in cali also tho) as it was costly and I already saw them and said it was 50 times worse.

I guess Kiedis as lithuanian tried harder here

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Bruce Springsteen, 2013 in Glasgow, Scotland.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    1. System of a Down, Hollywood Bowl CA, July 2013 - I've seen SOAD twice before this, and have also seen Scars on Broadway as well as Serj Tankian solo, but none of them compared to this concert. I've never been to a concert like this where everybody in the crowd seemed to know every single lyric. The fandom was on some epic level that night and it made it the greatest concert ever. System of a Down didn't do any theatrics (not even the fake leaving stage waiting for encore chants), but instead opted to just play song after song mostly non-stop for over 30 songs with a clear crisp sound.

2. Rammstein, Tacoma Dome WA, 2011? - When I saw this concert, I thought there was no chance it is ever surpassed. They put on the greatest show I have ever seen. So much pyrotechnics including using a flame throwing to light the keyboardist on fire, lines of flames going over the crowd, flames coming out of giant robotic wings, and so many other different ways of dispensing fire, as well as a giant dick thing that Till Lindemann rode that spewed foam on the crowd. Great sound and crowd experience as well.
    I saw System of Down at Pine Knob in Michigan during 2013 and your description matches my experience to a T. It's hard for me not to mention it when thinking of best shows I've been to.

And I've always regretted not going to see Rammstein when the opportunity arose a few years ago. I just didn't have any friends who were willing to take the plunge with me. Bummer.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I saw System of Down at Pine Knob in Michigan during 2013 and your description matches my experience to a T. It's hard for me not to mention it when thinking of best shows I've been to.

And I've always regretted not going to see Rammstein when the opportunity arose a few years ago. I just didn't have any friends who were willing to take the plunge with me. Bummer.

Rammstein might be my number one. Just an over the top spectacle throughout the entire set. Pyrotechnics galore.

I saw Primus during the sailing the seas of cheese tour where they did two sets. Excellent performance. It was a mesmerizing and unforgettable experience.

Worst shows:

I saw system of a down go on stage right after rammstein. You just can't follow up a rammstein set. Very boring and generic. Guitar player pulled down his pants during the set. F*cking lame.

I went to see Jane's Addiction once and they had this pop punk band yellowcard opening up for them. I wonder what genius thought that would be a good idea. They were being pelted with bottles it was so bad.

raep tiem

Wolfpack - Monte Verde Festival 2013

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Rammstein might be my number one. Just an over the top spectacle throughout the entire set. Pyrotechnics galore.

Worst shows:

I saw system of a down go on stage right after rammstein. You just can't follow up a rammstein set. Very boring and generic. Guitar player pulled down his pants during the set. F*cking lame.
    Rammstein, as I described, puts on the best show, easily. The thing that made the SOAD concert my favorite was the environment, not necessarily the show itself. I've seen 2 other SOAD concerts previously and they didn't compare, even though SOAD is my favorite band.

Jay Z/Timbaland

T.O. ; saw it tonight

Akon concert with some other popular artists at that time. In Kansas when I was a freshman like 6 years ago. Went with my best friend. His mom got him tickets for his birthday. Had a lot of fun. But we could barely see Akon when he came out into the crowd. All you saw was a huge sparkling diamond earring and bodyguards. Dude is pretty dark.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Radiohead
    Blossom Music Centre
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    *First ever live performance of "Like Spinning Plates"

Radiohead
    Bonnaroo Music Festival
    Manchester, Tenn.
    *Longest Radiohead show ever. About 20 rows back in a crowd of 100,000+

Roger Waters
    Star Lake Ampitheatre
    Pittsburgh, Pa.

Tool
    Covelli Center
    Youngstown, Ohio

My Morning Jacket
    Columbus, Ohio

Flaming Lips
    Bonnaroo Music Festival
    Manchester, Tenn.
    *Played from midnight to 4 a.m.

Sigur Ros
    Jacobs Pavilion
    Cleveland, Ohio
    *Tiny enclosed outdoor venue. Drizzling rain with Cleveland's old business district just across a small body of water, towering over the band. Amazing atmosphere and performance.
    Damn I am jelly of this shit