Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: In 50 years the Beach Boys will be more remembered then the Beatles IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I disagree. The Beatles have more songs that are about love and stuff that apply more universally. Beach Boys have a lot too, but they also have so many songs about being at the beach, surfing, old cars, etc. that aren't as universally understood.
    post 1967 Beach Boys I'd argue are more universal, smile era stuff especially is close to being as universal as it can possibly get.

ALSO the beach and surf songs, loads of them are really good and shouldnt be dismissed because they're about surfing or cars. The melodies and harmonies are still amazing.

Banned

Default Re: In 50 years the Beach Boys will be more remembered then the Beatles IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Bullsh!t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Q9D4dcYng

That's still next level stuff. And, we're talking about 1967, there.

Timeless music.
    thats not next level shit but its a great song.

Theres also outdated stuff like Within you without you, for the benefit of mr kite, lovely rita when Im 64, she's leaving home and Good Morning Good Morning on that album that hasnt aged well at all.

Pet Sounds is next level shit and as universal album as there possibly will ever be.

All of you who live long enough, you will see. Remember this thread.

Saw a basketball once

Beach Boys bigger than The Beatles

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You woulda been more believable if you said the Monkees instead of the Beach Boys.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

this song tho
    amazingly next level

   

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    You woulda been more believable if you said the Monkees instead of the Beach Boys.
    alvin and the chipmunks is a greatly underrated band, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    in 50 years I think the Beach Boys will be remembered as the greater band with greater songs.

Already, Sgt. Pepper sounds badly dated while Pet Sounds sounds like it could have come out yesterday.

People are starting to realize.

Beach Boys post-pet sounds albums were ignored but people are starting to realize how many amazing songs they have made. It turns out they were just 40 years ahead of their time. The beatles in contrast sound pretty dated. Their stereo recording isn't helping things, while Beach Boys only recorded in mono.

50 years from now it will be the beach boys everyone talks about as the gold standard 60s rock band.
    The problem is the bolded sentence is in your mind. Where is this Beach Boys rennassance? I actually see that happening with a lot of Beatles material, a lot of lennon, etc. The Beach Boys had a little resurgence like 10 yrs ago but to be honest nobody really talks about that now.

Part of your prediction is it's begun, and that part is just patently false and made up.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

I love the Beatles but their fans go overboard. There is a Beatles fest/convention in my area that is charging $75 for admission. For that kinda money I better get my hand shaked by Paul and Ringo and see a spirit medium to talk to John and George.

I just don't think the Beach Boys will ever be as popular among a general audience. The Beatles are constantly exposed to new fans through TV and movies that use their songs and people are constantly covering them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The Beach Boys have lost momentum over the last decade, not gained it. They probably aren't given the credit that they deserve.

The Beatles, meanwhile, are not going anywhere.

Done & Done

Worst thread ever..... and I have been here since the EZ Board days.

The Beach Boys are simply awful, and only inspired artists that suck massive amounts of coq.

Any popular song you hear nowadays is due to the Beatles. Lennon and McCartney may as well get writing credits for every good song ever.

On one hand Nick Young is an idiot and the Beach Boys have lost massive popularity over the past 20 years.

On the other hand, I doubt many of you have sat down and listened to an original MONO Beatles album. They sound quite dated. Don't fool yourself and think the remastered 10 CD box set from the past decade is anywhere close to how the original material was supposed to sound.

Banned

Wild Honey
    Friends
    Sunflower
    Surf's Up
    Holland
    Love You
    The Smile Sessions

Most of these albums are for some reason ignored but they are easily on par with the Beatles greatest albums. The Beach Boys back catalogue will soon be recognized for the genius that it is.

Mike Love and Dennis Wilson were also brilliant songwriters, it is not just Brian Wilson.

Already the modern indie movement owes a huge debt to THE BEACH BOYS and not the Beatles.

Mark my words.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 01-27-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Worst thread ever..... and I have been here since the EZ Board days.

The Beach Boys are simply awful
    , and only inspired artists that suck massive amounts of coq.

Any popular song you hear nowadays is due to the Beatles. Lennon and McCartney may as well get writing credits for every good song ever.
    LAWL. Every pop song owes itself to the beatles? Explain yourself.

Pet Sounds is awful? Explain yourself.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Wild Honey
    Friends
    Sunflower
    Surf's Up
    Holland
    Love You
    The Smile Sessions

Most of these albums are for some reason ignored but they are easily on par with the Beatles greatest albums. The Beach Boys back catalogue will soon be recognized for the genius that it is.

Mike Love and Dennis Wilson were also brilliant songwriters, it is not just Brian Wilson.

Already the modern indie movement owes a huge debt to THE BEACH BOYS and not the Beatles.

Mark my words.
    It starts as indie and ends with indie. Thats why the majority still appreciates Beatles over The Beach Boys.